IS MFP TOO MUCH LIKE FB????????

Options
12346»

Replies

• Tashry
    Tashry Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    The greatest reason MFP is NOT like FB....

When I post that I have lost 29 pounds on MFP....most of my "friends" cheer me on and encourage me"

When I post that I have lost 29 pounds on FB.....most of my "friends" probably are thinking, "whoa, she got fat after high school".

Point is, when I want encouragement and support, my MFP peeps understand and are here for me. Yes, a can get some of that on FB too, but I don't need everyone on my FB knowing that I struggled to lose some poundage after having two babies and that I have found a better way to incorporate broccoli into my diet :tongue:
  • meeulk
    meeulk Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I prefer sarcasm. There's way more appreciated sarcasm here than on my FB. Plus, no matter what... we all have something in common here... unlike my FB friends that I went to high school with 16 years ago. The only thing I have in common with them NOW is that we're both on FB. boring.
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Facebook has real people - MFPer's are imaginary and purely here for my amusement... right?
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Facebook has real people - MFPer's are imaginary and purely here for my amusement... right?

Alert the MFP bots, we have a rogue!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options

MFPers are very real, very useful expert weight loss tools in the drop down menu. LOL who thought they were actual people??
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

Precisely. And you are my absolute favorite voice in my head.
  • beskimoosh
    beskimoosh Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    IS TYPING IN CAPITALS TOO MUCH LIKE SHOUTING AT PEOPLE?????????

But seriously, I'm mostly here to lose weight, a bit here for the social aspect and a teeny tiny bit for looking at the fit men. I'm not going to lie. So not at all like Facebook, because I'm just on there to see what drama people are causing!

EDIT: typo!
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Bit of both. It's fun to meet and connect with different people, especially around the world. I enjoy that aspect of it, but it's also for business. Why can't there be a happy medium?
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Wrong. It's much more like Myspace.
  • wilkerson
    wilkerson Posts: 26
    Options
    i dont have a FB, but i really enjoy MFP, the support is great and its nice to get advice from other type 1 diabetics, have no drama with my friends, think they are awesome.
  • DAMNCHARLIE
    DAMNCHARLIE Posts: 569
    Options
    No because my husbands new babymama, is not a friend of a friend of a friend thank God. Plus everyone has a weight loss goal and for the most part people have been supportive. (not one man or woman has asked me for my number, lol)
  • DAMNCHARLIE
    DAMNCHARLIE Posts: 569
    Options
    spoke too soon some has asked me to text them, it maybe like FB after all