HIGH calorie HEALTHY snacks

Options
So, I have a problem. Sometimes at the end of the day, I still have a couple of hundred calories left and I have no idea what to eat. There's no way you can eat 100 calories worth of celery, and I don't want to end up just having a piece of cake or something bad for me. Does anyone know of any snacks that have a decent amount of calories, but are still good for you?

Replies

• katie133
    katie133 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    avocados - very high in cals, peanut butter, almonds, nuts, trail mix, bananas,
  • TotalTiger
    Options
    Handful of almonds, cheese, yoghurt
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    nuts.
    pistachios are my fav.. but almost all nuts are calorie dense because of the oil they contain.
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Take that celery and put some peanut butter on it. :) And by peanut butter I mean the real stuff, not the processed stuff. Yummy, high in calories, and protein!
  • rebecca_d35
    rebecca_d35 Posts: 131
    Options
    Almonds, avocado, cheese. Pretty much all my favorite foods. :)
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    hummus and pita chips, plain greek yogurt with honey and fruit, almonds, peanut butter and whole wheat toast. Just a few of my staples- Plenty of stuff out there :o)
  • LavenderChamomile
    Options
    Take that celery and put some peanut butter on it. :) And by peanut butter I mean the real stuff, not the processed stuff. Yummy, high in calories, and protein!

Haha, that's what my mom always tells me...but I can't bring myself to eat the stuff :( I'm not a big fan of peanut butter in the first place. Maybe I'll have to acquire that taste eventually...*sigh*
    I do sometimes have celery with lowfat cream cheese though (:

I've had bad luck with avocados, but I do love almonds. I usually bake them with all kinds of seasonings and fancy stuff (: But I need to find something I can grab when I don't have them prepared.

Love hummus and pita (: That's usually what I go for but I'm all out at the moment
  • MrDude_1
    Options
    Almonds, avocado, cheese. Pretty much all my favorite foods. :)

not ALL cheese is high calorie... thankfully. lol.

one thing I learned after suffering without it for months... cheese is GOOD and worth it.
  • MrDude_1
    Options

Haha, that's what my mom always tells me...but I can't bring myself to eat the stuff :( I'm not a big fan of peanut butter in the first place. Maybe I'll have to acquire that taste eventually...*sigh*
    I do sometimes have celery with lowfat cream cheese though (:

I've had bad luck with avocados, but I do love almonds. I usually bake them with all kinds of seasonings and fancy stuff (: But I need to find something I can grab when I don't have them prepared.

Love hummus and pita (: That's usually what I go for but I'm all out at the moment

you could always carb up... it seems like anything breadlike is high calorie. lol. pasta too.
    I had potato salad this weekend.. super high calories, but oh soo good.
    Chili is also awesome... not unhealthy, but the beans and meat make it so calorie dense.... lol.
  • MrsMrtz
    MrsMrtz Posts: 73
    Options
    wow, you are soo good!
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Almonds!
  • LavenderChamomile
    Options
    you could always carb up... it seems like anything breadlike is high calorie. lol. pasta too.
    I had potato salad this weekend.. super high calories, but oh soo good.
    Chili is also awesome... not unhealthy, but the beans and meat make it so calorie dense.... lol.

Yeah I'm trying to avoid eating a lot of wheat and starch though, I have the most trouble losing when I eat it.
    And believe me, I would like nothing more than to eat nothing but potatoes...all day every day...mmmmm
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    One tbsp of peanut butter mixed in with organic Greek yogurt. About 180 calories, and a good "sweet".
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I usually go for peanut butter or a greek yogurt. The PB is 2 tablespoons for 180-190 calories and the greek yogurt is 140-160 depending on the kind I get (usually Chobani fruit on the bottom). I also like Special K crackers and hummus. My diary is open, and most of my snacks are 100-200 calories total.
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Edamame
  • LavenderChamomile
    Options
    Edamame

YES. My aunt brought me a bag of edamame crackers from Trader Joe's...mmm I've been craving them ever since
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter & Celery
    Nuts
    Avocado
    Greek Yogurt
    Smoothies
    Banana & Peanut Butter
    Cheese
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Edamame

You can get the 90 calorie packs that you pop into the microwave to steam. Very easy and yummy!
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    If I've got room to spare I am a sucker for fresh fruit with Ricotta Cheese (the low fat version) soooo yummy! Pistashios are top fav too.
  • LavenderChamomile
    Options
    If I've got room to spare I am a sucker for fresh fruit with Ricotta Cheese (the low fat version) soooo yummy! Pistashios are top fav too.

That sounds delicious. I can't believe I haven't thought of that xDDDD