My WTF moment this morning...

Options
13»

Replies

• Person192
    Person192 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Kids have no idea how old "older" people are. However, they do know about bellys. Besides you can lose the belly so its ok. By the way I think you look fine.
    This is true. I'm 19 and I can't tell how old older people are either. Don't take it personally.
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! Too funny!!! Good for you though, seem to have taken it well!!! My jaw would have hit the floor! LOL
  • CharityPearce
    Options
    Ok, first... You have my dream job! have said a million times that If I was wealthy I'd buy some land, start a running ranch and bring out guys in trouble to help take care of it. I think I could do them all kinds of good. : ) Second, that story is awesome!!! I love kids! And yeah, they have no idea how old is old! My kids think my parents and I are the same age. : ) We're all older than them, that's all they recognize. And you're in authority, so that makes you like the most ancient dude of them all! Totally! Haha.
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Awwww.. too funny! Sorry. I don't think u look 50.. the belly can go..I hate being called m'amm! Ugh!..lol..
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Funny stuff. I don't currently but have worked with kids that age before. They love to say stuff just to get you. That they are willing to talk to you like that shows they must feel very comfortable around you, which is great :)
  • honeys7
    honeys7 Posts: 13
    Options
    I got one for ya. My grandkids discussing Halloween costumes - Eddie (6) asks me what I'm gonna be
    Me: Nana doesn't dress up for Halloween
    Eddie: You can be a witch Nana, you won't need a costume for that

I doubled over laughing - out of the mouths of babes ...
    just take it with a grain of salt. At that age, EVERYONE over 30 is just old

Oh my word - too funny! Great attitude though and great initial post! ;)
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    i am 41,, that would hurt, BUT make me go a bit harder and stronger too!
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    You definitely don't look in your 50's. Not even on profile pic, and we all know hunting pics are kinda rough looking! Since it was a teenage boy I wouldn't worry about either comment. To them insults are like affection. I don't quite understand why, but they are. I woulda just told him that you can lose the belly but he will still be goofy looking or something like that. But then again, I'm not very PC.

So I'm rough looking but not 50+ rough???
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    What's sad to me is that the kids were rude enough to say something in the first place, but that just my opinion. rudeness is my biggest pet peeve

That is the burden in working with troubled kids...no manners
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    LOL WOW

That is a ****ty morning!!

To be fair, when I was 17 I could not differentiate ages over like 30
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    ?? maybe without the belly you will look 13 years younger?? Thats how i would take it..motivation to show those young'ns how its done.. at "your age" lol

I've lost 14 lbs. I mean, I'm 5'10 192ish
  • LauraSmyth28
    LauraSmyth28 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    My kids think I'm "really old". They ask "was tv black and white in the old days? did you have toys when you were little?".

I am TWENTY SIX.

My kids are 7 and 2 and think I'm ancient.

When I was 17 everyone over 25 was old and boring. Don't worry!
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    Ha. 'Em kids don't know nuttin'. Hope they get jobs before they exit their teens--while they know it all. lol :laugh:

Ironically, it's my job to get them jobs! We'll just see about that!!!!!
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    lol!!! kids are so funny!!! Dont be offended by either... for them to even have made those comments means they more than likely think you are "kinda cool" as cool as an adult can be...

This coming from a teacher....

well, I am rather Fonzie like...so cool is not the issue. For those of you that are under 30....Look it up if you don't know!!!
  • heatherAnnXOX
    heatherAnnXOX Posts: 56 Member
    Options

That is the burden in working with troubled kids...no manners

troubled or not, kids don't seem to have manners these days.