Hummus?

Options

Replies

• MargotAllen
    Options
    I'm obsessed with hummus. And Sabra brand is my favorite! I like all the flavors. :)
  • medaglia_06
    medaglia_06 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Roasted red pepper all the way! I am not loyal to a particular brand...
  • emilyhawarah
    Options
    We make our own, but if I have to have store-bought, I always get Sabra. It's amazing and good on so many things!
  • jensenta3
    jensenta3 Posts: 179
    Options
    HUMMUS rocks and I love the sun dried tomato flavor. Sabra brand it the BEST! :)
  • sheri02r
    sheri02r Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Love it! Roasted red pepper is usually my fav.
  • xo_morgan
    xo_morgan Posts: 298
    Options
    i JUST had a status up today about my LOVE of hummus!! get the Sabra brand :) i never thought i would like it. & at the first taste i was like hmmmm:huh: but i LOVE it now. i eat the roasted red pepper kind alot..with pretzels. or the regular with some carrots. its pretty muchh good with anything IMO :happy:
  • tiggergrrl23
    tiggergrrl23 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    LOVE hummus! The best brand that I have tried (and I have tried several) is Sabra. No other hummus compares and they have so many tasty varieties. So yummy!
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I love Hummus and it is a staple in our house. I like the Josephs brand garlic lovers or Tahini.
  • Jennyzfit
    Jennyzfit Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I use Hummus as a spread instead of butter, marg or mayo. It's healthy and tastes great. There are different flavours. It's great as a veggie dip too.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I made a trio not long ago for a work snack day. They were all really good. Hummus can be adapted in so many ways.

Edamame Hummus
    Servings: 6 • Serving Size: 1/4 cup • Old Points: 2 pts • Points+: 3 pts
    Calories: 107.4 • Fat: 6.7 g • Carb: 7.2 g • Fiber: 3.8 g • Protein: 6.1 g • Sugar: 0.5 g Sodium: 11.4 mg

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups edamame (green soy beans) cooked and shelled
    2 tbsp tahini paste (sesame seed paste)
    1/4 cup water plus more if needed
    1 tsp lemon zest
    juice of one lemon
    1 clove garlic, crushed
    Kosher salt to taste
    pepper
    2 tsp olive oil
    black and white sesame seeds as a garnish (optional) - I used poppy seeds and white sesame seeds b/c that is what I had!

Directions:
    In a food processor, blend soy beans, tahini, water, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, salt, pepper and 1 tsp olive oil until smooth. Add more water if needed until consistency is smooth. Place in a bowl and top with remainder oil and sesame seeds.

Garlic Hummus
    Servings: 6 • Serving Size: 1/4 cup
    Calories: 130• Fat:7 g • Carb: 17 g

1 can Garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
    Juice of one small lemon (add half at a time to desired taste)
    3 cloves garlic (I like bite with a bite, so I used 3 BIG cloves)
    3 TB Tahini
    Smidge of kosher salt
    1/4 cup water - add in steps
    1/2 Olive oil

Dump all except oil in food processor and blend until smooth. I started with half the water and added until desired consistency. Garnish with Olive oil and paprika. (or cayenne if you like a kick)

Black Bean Hummus
    Servings: 6 • Serving Size: 1/4 cup
    Calories: 110 • Fat: 5 g • Carb: 15 g

1 can Black beans, drained and rinsed
    Juice of one lime
    1 tsp cumin
    2-3 cloves garlic
    1 TB diced cilantro
    3 TB tahini
    1/4 cup water - added in steps

Dump all in food processor and blend until smooth. I started with half the water and added until desired consistency. Garnish with additional cilantro.

I use tahini in all my hummus, but some good olive oil will work if you don’t have/use tahini.
  • aross123
    aross123 Posts: 12
    Options
    Hummus is my go to snack with either Ak Mac crackers, fresh peppers, carrots or celery. I've only tried a few flavors-- Sabre roasted garlic is my favorite
  • HGChao
    HGChao Posts: 23
    Options
    Chipotle Hummus! ......smoky and spicy!
  • MooseComa
    Options
    My wife and I like the Oasis brand. It seems to be the healthiest. Plus with every purchase of their product a dollar goes to feed a starving child. That alone keeps me going back to them. :wink:
  • EMarvie
    EMarvie Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    i get one called summerfresh.. they even have a snack size.. it's hummus and crackers.. for about 120 cals! much more filling than those 100 cal packs of other treats!!

roasted garlic is yummy and so is roasted red pepper.. mmmmm
  • ahubacek
    ahubacek Posts: 135
    Options
    I really like it; especially the spicy flavors (Chipotle or red pepper). I eat it on crackers, on pitas, bagels, as a veggie dip... Yum!
  • stacygayle
    stacygayle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I love the roasted red pepper with Pita chips or raw veggies. It's yummy. I have it 2 or 3 days a week as my afternoon snack.
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Try Sabra Hummus in the Original flavor! I could eat the WHOLE tub if I let myself! I like hummus with veggies (cucumbers, carrots, asparagus, etc) but try it with crackers or pita chips too! It is very similar to a bean dip or guacamole in texture.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    love it. Sabre is a great brand. I use it on sandwiches instead of mayo sometimes.
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I eat hummus with baby carrots as a snack almost every day. If I'm buying it, I usually get a roasted garlic flavor, but my wife has a recipe for making it in our food processor that's even better. (Last time, we added a pinch of dried ghost pepper... yum!)
  • meemo88
    meemo88 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    well I'm middle eastern. we make it fresh at home.

its just so good. we make it extra lemony ...the consistency is like a bean dip, its thick
    you could look up a recipe and try making it yourself