Best protein for women...

Options
13»

Replies

• aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Protein is protein... Of course getting it from real/clean food is best but it works the same for both men and women. I typically stay away from most protein 'shakes'. I have a couple containers of whey protein from Gold Standard and Myofusion and well as Gold Standard casein. I still try to get the majority of my protein from lean meats and other whole foods. Don't want all that extra sugar and additives.
  • Hood25
    Hood25 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    -3/4 cup of almond milk
    -1/2 cup of greek yogurt
    -cup of fresh spinach
    -1 scoop of vanilla protein of your choice
    -1/4 cup of frozen blueberries
    -2 sliced frozen strawberries
    Blend

amazingly good! Can't even taste the spinach..I promise! It is a small glass and easily drank in no time...and again it's soo yummy!
  • mbts08
    mbts08 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I use the GNC Amp wheybolic, it's 20 grams of protein per scoop and just under a 100 cals, and not too pricey. I like the vanilla best, but the chocolate and strawberry are ok too.
    It does have sucralose, and I would like to fins a product that doesn't. also, I think it tastes strange when blended with ice but I can't think of any reason why that would change anything. I like it best with almond milk.
    I just wanted to add here in case others had ideas about protein that tastes good and doesn't use sucralose.

I like MRM-all natural ingredient, no sucralose.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    title win...I totally came in here to post a lockable answer.

funny-gifs-outta-here.gif
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    ... or there's always the free protein you can get from your SO (I couldn't resist, sorry).

I like the way you think........
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Yup, what the gander has is fine for the goose. I use Nutrisport 90+ as it's only 100cals, less than 1g fat, over 20g protein and only 2.5g carbs per scoop. Plus, it's hella cheap. ^_^
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    IsoPure has fruity flavored bottled drinks, they are 160 calories and 40 grams of protein per bottle. They are NASTY tasting, so I take a few ounces, guzzle it, and follow with a sip of Crystal light to cut the taste.

I'm on a Dr. Recommended requirement of 80g protein a day, that's really hard to fit in if you have issues keeping food down, and these work really well for a low calorie add in :)
  • heatherlynn221
    Options
    I love BeBuff by GNC a dietary supplement for Women! keeps you full, increase metabolism and supports beautiful hair, skin and nails! plus only 100 calories with 15 grams of protein. Thumbs up!
  • lauractemple85
    lauractemple85 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I take Probolic SR. It's 140 for one scoop and it tastes pretty good. It's also gentile on the stomach, so no gas or cramping (if you're sensitive to that). I've had great results from it.
  • stacylperry
    stacylperry Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Protein is Protein :flowerforyou: