Preferences while showering?

Replies

• brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    I have all kindsa shower ocd things: I wash my hair and then rinse my hands off before I rinse my hair, I do everything in the exact same order everytime,

Is this not the norm?

You have to rinse your hands otherwise you're just gonna add the suds back onto your head, and doing it in the same order just makes sense...face, then hair (hair second to make sure and face stuff that got into my hair is washed out) then body - which has a certain order I will not go into...

Just seems logical to me *cough*OCD*cough*

Me too! Wash my hair first, rinse, put in conditioner, leave it while I wash my body in a certain order, then rinse the conditioner
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    The temperature of my shower is inverse to the temperature and humidity outside. If I take a hot shower in a hot and humid part of the world, I won't stop sweating for hours. I have to have a washcloth (in some countries, using one is not the norm, so the hotels don't always have them). I also don't like closing the bathroom door, but will if I have company.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    I don't brush my teeth in the shower but I absolutely MUST do it before because I cannot stand morning breath for more then a few minutes.

I have the shower really hot but only use it to clean myself real quickly. I'm not a fan of the dazed feeling after hot water has run on my head for too long. Which isn't long. I can't sit in a hot tub for very long as I end up having trouble breathing lol.

I also prefer to dry myself off before exiting the shower as I feel so gross standing on a wet floor after becoming fresh and dry.
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Definitely hot water, but not so hot that I think my skin is gonna fall off. I like it very-high pressure though!

I have a routine - shampoo, condition, body wash (with a very feminine looking loofah) while I leave the conditioner in, rinse from head to toe.

As previously stated by other gentlemen, I try to do my showering outside of prisons for rape-prevention; however, female guests are welcome to join - it saves water showering together! ;)

have you been watching me shower?? that is my routine !
  • pafagel
    pafagel Posts: 268 Member
    I bring my hairbrush with me to the shower. If I don't brush out my hair before rinsing away the hair balm, I won't be able to brush it out at all.
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,223 Member
    I'm like the majority - super hot water, great water pressure and preferably soft'ish water.

I also have an order that I like to do things:

1. Wash Face
    2. Condition Hair
    3. Shampoo Hair
    4. Wash Body & Shave
    5. Final Rinse

I don't completely dry off.

I have super dry skin so I apply a cream to my legs, arms, etc... while my skin is wet to seal in the moisture. This does work and my legs don't look like all reptilian. :laugh:
  • loombeav
    loombeav Posts: 391 Member
    I like my water scalding, I wipe my face with a HOT wash cloth, wash my hair then put in conditioner and let it set while I wash my body with a puff. Rinse everything, shave my underarms then wash my face, I can't stand the way conditioner makes my face feel slimy if I do that rinse last. On days that I shave my legs I do that before I rinse my body off.

When I take a bath opposed to a shower I only wash my hair while in the tub, then drain the water and rinse in the shower followed by the rest of my usual routine.
  • Ahaha, I have some pretty weird requirements for my shower time to be a happy time. The water has to be super hot for the first half and super cold for the second, I MUST SHOWER WHILE SITTING, and so much more. Odd thread, but I was curious if anybody else has odd things. I feel weird making this a thread..

I used to always sit in the shower...thought I was the only one.

Now I live in FL and have an outdoor shower and I love it!
    I want an outside shower sooo bad.. but living in chicago area isn't really impractical.

my requirements: cool shower, a shower that isn't bipolar (my current shower goes burning hot to freezing cold at a blink of the eyes), and I have to wash my hair 3 times, condition 2 times, and wash body 2 times and wash face twice.
  • MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Super Hot water, Peach and Freaking Quiet!! But somehow I end up with the door opened by the dog, kids, hubby, and all my warm air left with them, and I step out into freezing cold air! I need a better lock on my bathroom door!
  • The temperature of my shower is inverse to the temperature and humidity outside. If I take a hot shower in a hot and humid part of the world, I won't stop sweating for hours. I have to have a washcloth (in some countries, using one is not the norm, so the hotels don't always have them). I also don't like closing the bathroom door, but will if I have company.

I like my bathroom door open... and I use wash cloth not loofah or sponge..
  • chrissismone
    chrissismone Posts: 116 Member
    Well I'm a bit picky I have to have my soaps Dial for cleansing and a smell good one or one that helps with softness. I have to have a nice thick wash clothe and quiet. I am very good about oiling right after the shower to preferable while the water is still going..hot water where its nice and steamy..
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    I'm like the majority - super hot water, great water pressure and preferably soft'ish water.

I also have an order that I like to do things:

1. Wash Face
    2. Condition Hair
    3. Shampoo Hair
    4. Wash Body & Shave
    5. Final Rinse

I don't completely dry off.

I have super dry skin so I apply a cream to my legs, arms, etc... while my skin is wet to seal in the moisture. This does work and my legs don't look like all reptilian. :laugh:

This is utter madness! Conditioner first!? That's crazy talk. Shampoo first. Then conditioner. :noway:
  • As long as I'm not getting gang raped, I count it as a positive experience.

AHHAHAAHAHAHA
  • RachelsReboot
    RachelsReboot Posts: 569 Member
    Definitely hot water, but not so hot that I think my skin is gonna fall off. I like it very-high pressure though!

I have a routine - shampoo, condition, body wash (with a very feminine looking loofah) while I leave the conditioner in, rinse from head to toe.

This is my routine too, except I throw in there shaving my legs, underarms between condition and body wash
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,809 Member
    Y'all are very picky showerers. All I ask for is that my children don't open the shower door too often. Or jump in with me. Or bring the cat in the see what I am doing....actually the cat hates that worse than I do.
  • AandJsMommy
    AandJsMommy Posts: 314
    I love to take baths instead of showering but when I do take a shower it would be nice if my daughter would stay off the toilet and not flush it and scald my butt! Or my son running in there saying Mama Anna hit me or Anna running in there saying Mama Jacob hit me or can I do this or can I do that!

I love candles in the bathroom and I love for my hubby to take a shower with me so he can wash my back. I also pretend I can't reach!
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    i'd prefer to shower alone without children / partners around, but, hey, i don't get that luxury often. i don't have time to be worrying about specifics. i like the shower to be clean, and the water to be warm, and there to be toothpaste left.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,290 Member
    I like my detachable shower head, :blushing: hot water, strong water pressure and a wam towel!!

Amen to that one!
  • As long as King Midas doesn't come and turn my bathing experience in to a golden shower, I'm just fine.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    I ilke to shower alone, without interruptions from a toddler or boyfriend.

It never happens, but I can dream.