tattoos! who has 'em?

Options

Replies

• JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I have one...polynesian sun tattoo in the traditional tramp stamp location. Got it in Moorea. I could choose between that or some black pearl jewelry. I figured I wouldn't lose the tattoo!!:laugh: They are addicting. I'd love to get another, but I haven't found one I want bad enough to give up donating blood for a year.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Anyone have their eyebrows tattoo'd? I wanna do that so bad!!!
  • themetra
    themetra Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I just got my 6th, but only have four (two cover ups) and I just did my spine, it was my most painful. I have one on my backside that swirls around and goes up my hip, another on my front, that starts low and wraps around and goes up my ribs, a dove on my stomach, and the one on my spine is an ivy vine.
  • chameleon77
    chameleon77 Posts: 124
    Options
    I absolutely luv inks ! Unfortunately, I only have two "homemade" ones from when I was a teenager. I am saving up for a few, but my first one is the moon and star behind my left ear. The second is a dragonfly on the back of my neck...and the third, I want my entire upper thigh done, with what...I am still uncertain.
  • ericac
    ericac Posts: 2,679
    Options
    ~*~*~Several here too!......I have a gecko that trails up my left lower leg, my initials intertwined together on the lower part of my neck, my soon to be ex hubbys cattle brand on my right hip.....(yeah that one is GONE soon!) and if it counts....I have my eyeliner tattoo'd on too!......
    I'm ready for a butterfly on the back of my neck soon and of course the cover up!......
    how was the eyeliner? how long ago did you have it done? I see these adds for a new procedure that is suppose to be painfree and less recovery time.:smile:
    *** It's not bad! The girl used a topical and the first time was nothing, the second time was a bit more intense but not bad...and then I went back again because I wanted it thick and dark....that time was a bit more pain....but nothing unmanagable. I friggin LOVE it!! best thing I ever did....well as far as makeup goes anyway!...lol. She is going to Germany soon, I think I'll go in one more time..??
  • ericac
    ericac Posts: 2,679
    Options
    Anyone have their eyebrows tattoo'd? I wanna do that so bad!!!
    ***My mom just had hers done....she loves it and it didn't hurt at all!
    *** There are 4 girls here in my office that have it done. My workout partner has her lip liner, eyeliner, shadow and eyebrows. She is hispanic with black eyelashes.....so she's got it made. We get back from the gym and she washes her face and throws on some moisterizer and she's set.
  • ktthegr8
    ktthegr8 Posts: 479
    Options
    I have 3 so far... a fish on my right ankle, a butterfly on my left ankle and a vine around my arm. I will be getting a water bearing godess either on my shouler or my calf. Haven't decided yet.
  • chameleon77
    chameleon77 Posts: 124
    Options
    I don't have any pics at the moment, but I have 8 so far and am getting my 9th sometime this summer. I have a quote down my spine, a guitar and lyrics on my left shoulder, birds flying on my left collarbone, one on my wrist and one on my thumb, one on my right forearm of 2 birds sitting on a line while one flies away with the saying " It is what it is" , a moon and star on my neck, a symbol of beautiful on back of neck, and 2 lovebirds on side of foot. I guess that makes 9 lol.
  • midschool22
    midschool22 Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I have 13 with plans for about 10 more.

Things ranging from Green Day items, bicycle, crab, Star Wars things and others.
  • LivingstonIpresume
    Options
    I have all but a small portion above my elbow on my right arm done, a Monty python esc ode to cliche Germany, including a man in lederhosen playing the accordion while walking though a hills are alive type scenery, the gates to Oktoberfest, a giant beer Stein covering my elbow, a beer garden woman and a wiener dog in a hotdog bun being held up into the clouds like God in Monty python. I have some portraits for family on my back, an ode to Oregon on my neck, an anti grateful dead piece, a right to work protest from the 30s on my left arm, an album from the band major accident, and more.
  • BostonMatt
    BostonMatt Posts: 258
    Options
    <
    here's mine. Symbol for balance with my wife and kids name around it.
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    <<- Getting my first one done, 4 hours or work so far another 4 hours to go :bigsmile:
  • mini72
    mini72 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have 2.A celtic knot on my back and one on my foot.The one on my foot is my kids initials.I got them to write them themselves and then went straight to the tattoo artist to get them inked over.Forever have a piece of their childhood on me!

002-2.jpg
  • mikejacobs1958
    Options
    A large tribal arm and shoulder tattoo is my reward for when I achieve my weight goal, another 16 kgs to go.

Also should be cheaper, less ink :)
  • Becka_D89
    Becka_D89 Posts: 60
    Options
    i have my sons name on my lower back, and Harley Quinn from batman (in colour) with 'Cry until its funny' on my left upper arm.
  • Whisperinghorse
    Whisperinghorse Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I have a tribal eagle on my left arm, a black cat in a moon, a cancer tribute heart, a pentacle on my upper back, 2 swallows on on the inside of each wrist one each for my Nan who died last year and my grandad, and a swallow with cherry blossoms on each leg above the ankle...

I had the pentacle and two leg swallows done at the same time, so was a 6 hour sitting...

The tribute heart is being covered up end of next week with a cat paw, halo and angel wings for my gorgeous puds... (Its being covered up as the money paid didnt go the cancer charity, instead went on the artists boob job... nice! So i want it off)

I have plans also for a pair of yellow cats eyes, a nose and whiskers with 'Insania Cattus Domini' possibly on the lower back, which is getting done at a convention in November :smile:
  • stephl21uk
    stephl21uk Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    One of my treats to hit my goal weight is to get my spine done and I thought I'd share my other 3 and see who else on MFP has tats :bigsmile:

3516483105_3b71d72971_t.jpg

This is a Blue Man kiss :smooched: from seeing the show about 10 times out here in Vegas and getting me some Blue Man love. It's on my shoulder blade

3516483115_8ec156729e_o.jpg

This is the design from my lower back. This is for my white german shepherd, Autumn, who passed away years ago.

3516483095_8cdca4bf4d_m.jpg

This one I got done January 14th of this year. It's a child abuse awareness tattoo (blue scarf "ribbon" around Isabella's neck).

Ok! Now what do you guys have?! :bigsmile:

I've just had my spine done, it actually didn't hurt!!! It was my 4th I have my sons name on the inside of my wrist, a playboy bunny on my lower back ( it will be covered up this year) and a Japanese symbol on my back . My spine one isy sons date of birth but in roman numerals in very fancy script, it's rather large and goes a good 1/3rd of the way down and I love it!!!
  • Cambrendle
    Cambrendle Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    7 here - have my 8th drawn up but waiting for some spending money to get it done
  • Tebbspcad
    Tebbspcad Posts: 233
    Options
    I have 3, 1 one my foot - my kids names with some art nouveau scroll work, 2 on my back a red rose & a pair of green eyes (I love green eyes!). When I reach my target i'll be getting some more scroll work done from my hip up to my rib cage - so looking forward to it :)
  • rheelizabeth
    rheelizabeth Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I have 2 3inch x 3inch hollow stars on both my hip bones. I also got them done when I was 18 and don't exactly regret them, but don't really love them either.