C25k NSV :) :)

Options
13»

Replies

• laineylynnfit
    laineylynnfit Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Keep it up! Sounds like you're doing great! Yesterday, I completed Week 6, day 1. I am in training. I'm signed up for two 5K runs. I just checked the calendar, and my first run is at the end of week 8, and the second is at the end of week 9. Oops! I think it will be okay, since I'm much more interested in finishing than placing. Yesterday was the toughest, so far, but I think the muggy, warm weather had a lot to do with it. It reminded me of when I was running in Florida. I ran a lot in my 30's and 40's, but I'm starting over again at 60. I have the advantage of previous running experience, and I remember the helpful things I discovered back then that I can still apply today. I also have the persistence/endurance/stubbornness that comes with being older. :wink:

One thing I do for endurance is continue walking briskly after I complete the C25K portion. On most C25K days, I follow a route of rolling hills that takes me 3 1/2 miles from home, so I have another 3 1/2 miles to get back home. I don't have an app, so as I'm running, I'll pick a landmark, like a mailbox or driveway, and determine to wait until I get there to check my time. That frees me up to think about other things as I run and makes the time go faster.

Have fun with this!

I am SO IMPRESSED WITH YOU! You are an inspiration. My Mom is 64 and her health is deteriorating. That has been one of the biggest motivating factors in getting healthy now so I can live the rest of my life healthy. I love my Mom so much and at 25, I still need her in my life. Had I known years ago that her health would fail as it is now, I would have taken the opportunities when she offered for both of us to try to get healthy but was young and careless...Anyway, thanks for sharing! Again, you are an inspiration!
  • rodmanswife
    Options
    Way to go! Keep up the great work and you will be able to run 5k in no time. I just ran my 3rd 5k in 6 days! It's completely addicting once you get into it. I did a modified version of c25k. I started off running a few minutes at a time as well. I asked a friend of mine who runs marathons to help me out. It only took me 4 weeks to get to 5k and I have never been a runner. I will keep up the 5k 3 days a week now and slowly increase my distance. Keep it up!
  • surgesilk
    surgesilk Posts: 92
    Options
    Keep at it! You are doing great. When I started C25K I was so out of shape I did Week 1 twice! I finished about a month ago and while I don't love running itself...I love what how I feel when I am done. Its not exercise for me...its size-ercize! Trust the program and know that many before you have been right where you are and come out the other side!
  • actresskat
    actresskat Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    That's amazing!! Well done...I'm dreading the 5 minute run I've got to do next...
  • Gary6030
    Gary6030 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I've done it twice. You will love it. When you get to those harder weeks push push push yourself. You are much stronger than your body will allow you to believe! I was surprised when I ran that first 25 minutes straight. Wow What a great feeling that was!
  • laineylynnfit
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I had a set back last week. I only completed Day 1 of Week 3 but I am redoing week 3 this week so it's all good :) Thanksf or the support!!
  • rissadiane
    rissadiane Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    That's awesome work!
  • laineylynnfit
    Options
    I completed Day 1 of Week 3 of C25k :):) Woohoo! I love Running regardless of how much it kicks my butt! I always feel fantastic after!
  • jgthomas78
    Options
    I am on day 1 of week 4 and was really worried about doing the 5 minute run. When I finished it I almost cried not because I was tired, or hurting...it was because I was PROUD!
  • RunChristyRun
    RunChristyRun Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Keep doing it! I ran Week 6, Run 1 today...if I can do it, anybody can! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!