Oh the horror!

Options
1235»

Replies

• Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    When I was little, Chuckie and Pet Cemetary scared me sh1tless... now they are laughable lol

Now probably 30 days of night, or some zombie movie now x
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Does it count if you haven't actually watched it? I refuse to watch the Exorcist because I know it will scare me so bad I will think about it all the time. I watched the "The Exorcism of Emily Rose" and "Paranormal Activity" and now I freak out every time I wake up in the middle of the night. And if anybody tries to stand by my bed they are gonna get kicked hard...just saying... :p
  • girl_afraid82
    girl_afraid82 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Ring really got to me when I first watched it (Japanese version) as I had recorded it from the TV onto... you guessed it... a VHS.
    Watching that for the first time, alone in the house... ughh terrifying! Was irrationally thinking that my VHS copy would count as a real copy!

Another one would be the original version of Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I can't hear that flashbulb camera sound from the opening without recoiling in horror :(
  • mslack01
    Options
    The Others. I like to watch movies knowing almost nothing about them, so I had no idea what to expect. I made the mistake of deciding to watch it alone late at night while my (ex-)husband was at work. Not only that, but we had surround sound, so when there was someone running across the ceiling in one scene, I actually thought someone was in our attic. I freaked out and threw a blanket over my head (like that's going to stop an intruder) and sat there with my hands over my ears for about 10 minutes before finally running over and shutting it off. Yes, I was like 22, shut up :P

You made me LOL for real...that is sooooo me! I would definitely hide under the blanket and cover my ears. I'm a big ol fraidy cat.
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    The Birds when I was really little... Terrified me. I watched it from behind the couch.. lol I was never afraid of birds but that movie scared me.. I was like 4 or 5..
  • mslack01
    Options
    The Exorcism of Emily Rose. My husband and I were both totally creeped out, esp when we inexplicably woke up in the middle of the night after watching and the clock said 3 am.

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Glad I'm not the only one..... LOL. I hate waking up at 3am...the witching hour...one of my friends says she does it every night. She's never staying over at my house!!!!
  • sarammorgan
    Options
    Children of the Corn

I watched the first five minutes of the original Children of the Corn when I was in high school and it scared me so bad I had nighmares for weeks- I've never actually seen the whole movie, and everyone tells me it is totally corny, but I can't make myself watch it (it's been 21 years, by the way- I'm such a wuss). But I love other horror movies- for some reason, this one just got to me!

^^^This. I still get freaked out driving by corn fields, and I first saw the movie more than 20 years ago!
  • girl_afraid82
    girl_afraid82 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    For some reason, movies that could ACTUALLY be true don't scare me (i.e. Halloween/slasher movies), but the ridiculous, irrational ones do (Signs/The Grudge, etc.).
    I'm the opposite. If it could plausibly happen, oh hell no. Movies like Hostel or Silence of the Lambs. But paranormal or alien movies, not so much.

However, I get more and more scaredy cat as I age. 10 years ago, scary movies hardly phased me. Now, I'm peeking through fingers or having my husband tell me when it's safe to look.

Me too! I used to watch SO many scary movies when I was a teenager, especially all the cheesy slasher ones... now I can't stand them. I'm fine with supernatural type films, but anything involving blood and gore, torture, psychopaths etc... I just can't watch. I was dragged along to Saw 3 by a friend and had to cover my eyes through most of it. I just don't get what is so appealing about watching someone get tortured :frown:

Perfectly happy to watch a good ghost/alien/psychological horror story though. As long as it doesn't involve abandoned mental asylums... the one thing that gives me the creeps more than anything!
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    A film called "They"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0283632/plotsummary

Gave me nightmares for years!
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    The original Psycho! Watched it when I was about 11 and that damn shower scene messed me up big time. I still find it hard to get in the shower when I'm home alone.
  • AmandaBroun
    AmandaBroun Posts: 126
    Options

Pet-Sematary-Remake.jpg

Screw that kid.

Yes.

I don't know the last good horror movie that really got me. I like good suspenseful sci-fi-type scary movies. There was an alien abduction movie a few years ago with Mila Jovovich in it that gave me the creeps big time.
  • elysianashes
    Options
    Oh jeez, Watcher in the Woods! Wish you hadn't reminded me of that movie. It scared the crap out of me when I was younger. Watched it at a friend's birthday party when I was like 7... everyone else had fallen asleep but the movie was still on and I couldn't sleep so I was watching it "alone" and those awful mirrors just... I couldn't walk into a room with a mirror for months. The "Bloody Mary" stories didn't help, either.

There was another one that our class watched in 1st grade... Darby O'Gill and the Little People. The death coach scared me so badly!

There just aren't many modern movies that scare me much though... and I don't even know why The Others got me so badly!
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    The strangers.

Hangman's curse gave me aracnaphobia. I was a little kid, but the spiders terrified me
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Zelda from Pet Cemetary freaks me out. "Raaaaachel. I'm gonna twist your back like mine so you can NEVER GET OUT OF BED AGAIN!!! NEVER GET OUT OF BED AGAIN!!"

^THIS! Pet Semetary didn't bother me much, but that scene freaks me the F out! Won't watch it. Hate the actess who played the role.

:noway:
  • jjean905
    jjean905 Posts: 175
    Options
    13 Ghosts!!!!! Oh bejeezus....freaky movie