Disappointed and ready to give up :(

Options
1235»

Replies

• ericarae33
    ericarae33 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I agree with the sodium comment, and don't give up! I only weigh myself once a week because my trainer makes us : )
  • countessinn
    Options
    I second much of what has been said here. Three days is too soon to expect measurable results. In order to maintain healthy weight, healthy habits are what you need, and a habit takes 21 days to establish. This is not all-or-nothing. It's investment.

But: find out your basal metabolic rate to determine how many calories you burn "at rest" (during your typical day).
    Don't cut out all fats from your diet. Your body needs them.
    Log all your calories.
    Then, exercise and log it. One lb. of fat is 3500 calories. So, if you want to lose a lb. per week, you need a 500 calorie deficit every day. 2 lbs., 1000 calorie deficit per day. Etc.
    A woman's cycles affects weight.
    Stress can prevent weight loss.
    Sodium can cause water retention.

The best way to lose weight is to increase your metabolism, and do both cardio and resistance training (doesn't have to be "weights") together. Get your heartrate up to your max (your number will be based on your age), and keep it up there. The longer you do, the more calories you'll burn.

The secret is that there's no secret. It's mostly math.

Robin
  • kmacgera
    kmacgera Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Besides there being no great alternative to weight loss, give it a good try. Then, you might adjust your exercise routine and your food routine. What to eat is the subject of endless discussion. I'm trying to go by the book, "Eat to Live", which is heavy into veggies and beans. I am intrigued by the P90X routines (you can buy a DVD set), am working my way up to assisted chin ups for that. I signed up for a mini triathlon in June to motivate me.
  • funkycamper
    funkycamper Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    When I started it took me 3 weeks to lose 1#. Glad I didn't give up (see my ticker below). You can't control the scale. You can control what you eat and how you move. So focus on what you can control. The scale will eventually be forced to cooperate.