Do you notice what everyone is eating?

Options

Replies

• thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I think it's natural when you become more aware of something, to spot it in not only yourself, but others as well.

For example, when you get a new car, don't you notice how many other people now drive the same car as you do? When I got my CRV, I immediately noticed how popular before. Before then, I could have cared less, it just wasn't even on my radar.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    I think it's natural when you become more aware of something, to spot it in not only yourself, but others as well.

For example, when you get a new car, don't you notice how many other people now drive the same car as you do? When I got my CRV, I immediately noticed how popular before. Before then, I could have cared less, it just wasn't even on my radar.

very very good point!
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Oh for sure.

I more notice it because I would have probably eaten similar things once too because I just didn't know.
  • stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I'm not around others too much when I'm eating but I do notice overweight people a lot more. Certainly not judging, just noticing.
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I definitely do!
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I never actually thought about this before, but I really do pay attention to what is in people's carts at the grocery store, particularly when it is is all processed rubbish.
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options
    I guess its like quitting smoking...You don`t realise how much you stink until you stop and smell others...
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I take a bit more notice and oogle a bit when I'm on my lower calorie day, but like you, I don't judge. I just think to myself, "next workout day, I'm sooo having that huge greasy cheeseburger!":smile:
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Yes, and makes me sick to see the thin/fit people at work complaining about how fat they are (attention...? wants us overweights to say "oh I wish I looked like you" not going to happen!!!!:grumble: ) but cram fast food, sugar and crap food down their throats. Here I am fat, complaining I am not thin and eating healthy...What is wrong with this picture!!??!!:huh:
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    yes.....all of the time! I also get the comments from grocery clerks. They almost always comment on how healthy my family must be
  • kezziemc
    kezziemc Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm more aware of it.

I do, however, resist the urge to judge a persons entire diet based on one snapshot. For example, that pint of ice cream I ate last night could have easily given someone the wrong impression.

:laugh:
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Yes, and makes me sick to see the thin/fit people at work complaining about how fat they are (attention...? wants us overweights to say "oh I wish I looked like you" not going to happen!!!!:grumble: ) but cram fast food, sugar and crap food down their throats. Here I am fat, complaining I am not thin and eating healthy...What is wrong with this picture!!??!!:huh:

Haha. My favorite is when they lift up their shirt and pinch "fat" (which is pretty much skin) and say something like, ugh! Look at all this fat!!
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I notice but I bite my lip alot. I'll go out to lunch with friends and I'll see them stuffing their face with 2,000 calories. And then turn around and complain that they're fat. Well.....? I know not to judge books by the cover...but I see these folks often. :laugh:
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I notice a lot more now. I'll see people buying these crazy sugary coffee drinks everyday. I notice a lady in my office that gets fast food at least 3 or 4 times a week. I always think, do these people know what they're eating? Or do they care at all?

The other day at Wal-Mart I saw this group of frat boys (they're pretty easy to pick out) grocery shopping. They all had little baskets stuffed full of easy mac, ramen noodles, and other quick fix foods. I'm sure buried at the bottom were some little debbie snacks. What pains me even more is they were all in shape....WTF?! I haven't bought any quick fix foods or debbie snacks for months. Geeeeesh.

I guess if you dont care than go ahead and enjoy it!
  • ampa916
    ampa916 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    the only time I notice it is when people are like "I'm trying to lose weight" -orders large fries with cheese and ranch, diet coke, double hamburger with no cheese (gotta watch that weight)-

I just got to the point where I was that person hating how fat I was and -finally- decided to take my life back, so I just want other people around me that want the same thing to really get to their breaking point and really commit.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I notice but I bite my lip alot. I'll go out to lunch with friends and I'll see them stuffing their face with 2,000 calories. And then turn around and complain that they're fat. Well.....? I know not to judge books by the cover...but I see these folks often. :laugh:

I have a friend like this. Eats anything and everything and drinks tons of sodas then talks all day about how "we" need to start exercising and getting healthy. I'm already working on it and I always invite her to come walking. She always has something more important to do but never complains when I cook!
  • Melyssaks
    Melyssaks Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I always notice what others have when checking out at the grocery store. I was just telling hubby, I'm kinda proud 90% of our cart is healthy food. Occasionally buy the kids a special treat but very little junk food in our house.

I always feel better about myself when shopping too! Not to be judgemental (we've all been there), but I'm so boastful of my healthy choices.
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I notice when combonations don't make sense. A stack of lean cuisines or healthy choices along with a box of little debbie cakes and a 12 pack of regular soda. LOL

(I know I'm guilty of it too sometimes)
  • thekarens
    thekarens Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I can't look at food anywhere, like even the TV, without thinking about how many calories something is. I could care less what others eat, but I can't but help count everything I see.
  • angiemartin78
    angiemartin78 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I never paid that much attention until I started eating healthier. What I think of/notice more than the calorie intake is the amount of food they are eating and how quickly they eat it. I used to shove food into my mouth crazy fast, but have learned to put down the utensil/food between bites and chew slowly and fully before swallowing.

I'm certainly not judging anyone at all, these are just things that I've noticed.