96 oz water challenge!

I'm going to try to drink 96 oz of water a day before 7pm, I'm gonna try this 4 days straight (through Saturday) and see how I feel. My mother, who has lost over 100 pounds in the last year does this every day. She says it helps with her energy levels and appetite not to mention makes her skin look amazing!

It will be very difficult for me to force feed myself this much water, I consume a pathetic 2-5 glasses a day.

Feel free to join me!!

Replies

• murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Be careful about drinking too much water too fast if you're not used to it.

http://chemistry.about.com/cs/5/f/blwaterintox.htm
  • agentscully514
    agentscully514 Posts: 616 Member
    It's really not necessary to drink gallons of water every day. You're washing out electrolytes.
  • Of course its not necessary, If that were the case I'd be dead by now.
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    96 oz of water is calculated to be like 2.8 litres O.o

I usually drink 4.5 litres a day without any problems. Just drink water, why does it have to be before 7pm by the way?
  • you can't die from drinking 3 liters of water over the course of the entire day.
  • I can drink 3 liters of beer in 6 hours for christ sakes.
  • 96 oz of water is calculated to be like 2.8 litres O.o

I usually drink 4.5 litres a day without any problems. Just drink water, why does it have to be before 7pm by the way?

I just thought if it was early I wouldnt have to pee so much at night haha
  • dupaboo
    dupaboo Posts: 174 Member
    96 oz of water is calculated to be like 2.8 litres O.o

I just thought if it was early I wouldnt have to pee so much at night haha

I drink between 64-96oz a day - all before 7pm and I still pee a gazillion times during the night. I thought it was just me!
  • Miazway
    Miazway Posts: 4
    Sounds awesome I will try as well....Good luck!!:smile:
  • liveonlocation
    liveonlocation Posts: 90 Member
    I'm drinking around 5L (150 oz) of water a day I'm over 400 lbs. I do have to pee a lot! Still seem to be fine sleeping through the night.

BTW, I havent died or drowned or had any other bad side effects, for all the drinking too much water "nazis".

Cheers

I have to pee now....
  • agentscully514
    well, I guess you are all getting exercise from having to run to the bathroom all the time! :)
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Sheesh, I said to be careful if you're not used to drinking that much. When you're dieting, working out, and eating healthy your sodium tends to be lower and to rapidly double the amount of water you usually drink will lower it even more. I didn't say someone would die, drown, or anything I just said be aware - so simmer down ;-)
  • gregavila
    gregavila Posts: 725 Member
    Really? You people think that drinking 96ozs of water is going to cause hyponatremia? Seriously?

Ignore the warnings, you will be fine drinking 96ozs of water a day, other than having to pee a lot. If you read up on dieting and water intake, you will see that there are a lot of medical studies and recommendations to drink a lot. If I recall, I've seen note about 3+ liters of water.

Personally, I will drink around 120ozs a day and it hasn't hurt me yet.
  • agentscully514
    are you gonna die or drown? probably not. but why do that to yourself? why be a slave to the toilet? it's not necessary.
  • lisa28115
    lisa28115 Posts: 17,271 Member
    It will be very difficult for me to force feed myself this much water, I consume a pathetic 2-5 glasses a day.

^^^^^
    THIS IS ME

i am setting a timer to go off every hour to remind me to drink water

i don't get 8 glasses of anything in a day and i think my body is dehydrated
    i take lots of sinus meds and my dr says i need it
    but water makes me feel like i am going to puke!!!:sick:
  • I drink about a gallon of water daily. Around 6-8 bottles (16 oz). It helps a LOT after I get used to it. I used to buy one of those 32 oz bottle/jugs and drink four of them daily. The problem I have is remembering to drink water, but I'm getting better about it. I also like to chug a bottle of water before eating a big meal, that way I feel a lot fuller.

I wouldn't worry, I can't see any risks in it. As long as you dont go overbound and try to force down 3 or 4 gallons a day, 96 oz wont hurt you. The recommended is 8 glasses of water, which is roughly 60-70 oz a day anyways.

With me, the more water I drink throughout the day, the faster I drop the pounds. I also feel great while doing it - minus the having to pee every hour.
  • Wow! Haters gonna hate! I drink about 100-132 ounces everyday now, but before I upped my water intake I was only drinking around 24 ounces of water a day. The first week I was constantly peeing, but I noticed I wasn't as hungry all the time, then I started dropping pounds left and right. Very smart to get your water in before 7! I wish I would have thought of that the first week I started drinking more water. :laugh:
  • Jawby
    Jawby Posts: 2
    Hahaha!!! THAT is awesome :)
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    I can drink 3 liters of beer in 6 hours for christ sakes.

WHoa!!!!!!! my kinda gal!!! Sooooooo hotttt!:drinker:
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    I can drink 3 liters of beer in 6 hours for christ sakes.

Now that would be a challenge I could go for (as long as it's good beer! :laugh: )