96 oz water challenge!

2»

Replies

• hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Water Toxicity is a serious thing. I've seen it firsthand. But 96 ounces should be okay. More than a liter an hour, and then it could be dangerous.

Good challenge! I'd join, but first I'll try more than 2-3 glasses a day. ;)
  • Baloostika
    Baloostika Posts: 203 Member
    I'm going to try to drink 96 oz of water a day before 7pm, I'm gonna try this 4 days straight (through Saturday) and see how I feel. My mother, who has lost over 100 pounds in the last year does this every day. She says it helps with her energy levels and appetite not to mention makes her skin look amazing!

It will be very difficult for me to force feed myself this much water, I consume a pathetic 2-5 glasses a day.

Feel free to join me!!

I drink 152.1 oz each day though I squeeze some lemon into it.
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    plaaaaeeeezeee pathetic?? cmon u look great drink 50 ounces by 10 pm you will b golden
  • sherrybaby81
    sherrybaby81 Posts: 257 Member
    I drink about that much water a day. I have 2 32oz bottles that I refill and drink about 3.5 of those each day.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Perfect excuse to add extra salt...mmmmmmm salt!
  • ApocalypticFae
    ApocalypticFae Posts: 217 Member
    I drink about a gallon of water every day and it has really helped my weight loss. Originally I had about 20 lbs. to lose and I'm down to the last 6. I still eat anywhere from 1100 - 1600 calories a day, but drinking that much water really helps curb my appetite most days. I'm 5'1".

And no... 96 oz. of water per day will absolutely not cause water toxicity.
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Years ago when my Aunt did her LA WL program they advised her to drink half her body weight in water (by ounces)
    so if you weigh 200 lbs, drink 100 oz of water daily, for every 10 lbs you lose recalculate or reduce it by 8 oz. So she told me and I just like staying hydrated, your organs will thank you.

The reason they gave for this was because the water will fill your cute n chubby fat cells and once they get too heavy they will fall and get flush out.

yes I admit, I have a strange mental visual of this lol seeing cute n chubby tear drop shaped fat droplets just chilling, hanging out all happy, giggling and wiggling to themselves have a grand ole' time, totally unaware of the hideous fate that is about to befall them (yes pun intended).... then swelling up with water and suddenly dropping like grapes off a vine, falling into the ominous tinkly winkly water slide of doom to their deaths.... all while the mr lean mean water goblet laughs and yells,,,,, die fat cells die! LOL

Dont know or are if any of that is true, I like my water...anything to help shed a few lbs.

drink up ... cheers!:drinker:
  • BillRicks1
    BillRicks1 Posts: 473 Member
    96 oz is only 6 oz an hour for 16 hours. That would be the minimum for someone who weighs in@ 192lbs. Rule of thumb - 1/2 your current body weight in fluid ounces daily. More if you exercise.
  • fromnebraska
    fromnebraska Posts: 153 Member
    I'm starting to think I don't drink enough water. I'll drink maybe 6 cups a day (48 oz) plus any fluids I get from food. I'm never thirsty, unless I exercise. I can't imagine drinking twice the amount that I do!
  • fromnebraska
    fromnebraska Posts: 153 Member
    Just forced myself to drink 16 oz. That brings my daily total up to 32 oz drank so far today.

Do you all drink water even though you aren't thirsty?
  • Lochlyn_D
    Lochlyn_D Posts: 492 Member
    I'm in. I drink 228oz a day. I have a 57 ounce bottle that I fill four times a day.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Just forced myself to drink 16 oz. That brings my daily total up to 32 oz drank so far today.

Thirst =/= onset of dehydration.

Thirst is one of the last signs your body gives you if you're getting low....

Yes, I go through roughly 120oz per day.
  • BillRicks1

[/quote]

If you are thirsty, you are already dehydrated. As I said, 1/2 your current body weight in fluid ounces per day. For me @ 165lbs (been there for about 2.5 years) = 83 oz per day. Divided by the hours I'm awake (18) = 4.6 ounces an hour. That is the minimum. I really drink more than that due to exercise and my Burbon flavoring in the evening!
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member

If you are thirsty, you are already dehydrated. As I said, 1/2 your current body weight in fluid ounces per day. For me @ 165lbs (been there for about 2.5 years) = 83 oz per day. Divided by the hours I'm awake (18) = 4.6 ounces an hour. That is the minimum. I really drink more than that due to exercise and my Burbon flavoring in the evening!

Not sure if agreeing w/ me or not since you only quoted one line from me??
  • RAGGEDYANN1970
    RAGGEDYANN1970 Posts: 115 Member
    i drink very little water. i don't ever get thirsty though. will try this challenge!! :smile:
  • Love_Is_My_Fuel
    Love_Is_My_Fuel Posts: 211 Member
    I've been drinking that amount of water daily for a few months and feel great :) I really didn't think it was that much water, sometimes I drink more. 96 oz. is 12 cups which in Canada is 6 500ml water bottles...that's not that much and definately would not cause water intoxication when drinking through the day...could be dangerous all at once I guess. On weigh in day I usually consume 144 oz. of water to prevent water weight. Seems to work for me, I'm never bloated.
  • crisbabe81
    crisbabe81 Posts: 170
    I drink 6 liters (202.8 fl oz) per day minimum. If I wake up early or stay up late I've been known to drink 8-10 of them (270.4-338 fl oz). I pee, constantly.

Great way to push yourself to get in enough water. Best of luck!
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Drink a 16oz glass of water every hour for 6 hours and you're there!
  • BillRicks1

Not sure if agreeing w/ me or not since you only quoted one line from me??

Agreeing with you.
  • comm1t_1984
    comm1t_1984 Posts: 93 Member
    Sounds great to me! I used to drink about 120 oz of water a day...I've cut back and can feel it. Not as much energy and hungrier.