Internet dating stories :)

Options
124»

Replies

• spyder_rose
    spyder_rose Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I've done online dating on and off for a few years...

HORRIBLE stories in all honesty... No good ones yet...

Most memorable is the guy I met online who married someone else whilst dating me..

And being offered money for sex... (to which I responded with WTF... NO!)

Guys who look NOTHING like their photos (cos they took the photos 5 - 10 years ago when they still had hair and weren't fat and bald)...

Guys who are socially retarded or awkward (in which case I believe they should meet someone on a video game like WoW, not an internet dating site!) ...

And after all these disasters (I'm talking nearly 100 horrible dates)... do I still have an online dating account? Yes :(
  • Loriel
    Loriel Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have met a couple online guys. I have to say mostly "you have got to be kidding me!" bad and one really good one. I met a lawyer one time who appeared to be wonderful "on paper". When I met him it was at a bar (when I said I did not drink nor would I have anything to do with anyone that had alcohol as a priority in their life), he ordered chicken wings with his drink and proceeded to open his wet nap and sniff it. I am not talking about a casual wiff but a full all out sexually in love with his wet nap. He then tried to get me to sniff his wet nap saying how great it was. I declined! He then wanted to go out to his car to make out. I decided I should go home instead.

I later met a guy on line that seemed to be too good to be true. I figured he was saying what women want to hear but I agreed to meet him in a public mall around lots of people. He was exactly who he portrayed himself as. He is the man every woman wants as a husband. You know, treats you like a goddess, likes to have jewelery made for you, hard working, funny, caring, likes to cook. We have been married for 7 years now (next week) and he is still the same person I met 10 years ago.
  • b3llzy
    b3llzy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Met my bf when we were both making weight loss videos on youtube! <3 We met IRL about a month later (he came to Michigan from New Jersey) and we haven't been apart a day since (almost 3 yrs later)...we ended up moving to Ohio together within the month. :)
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Met my husband on a dating site... but along the way received many nasty and stupid messages. The ones that I really didn't understand were the 40+ year old guys that messaged me. My age range was clearly listed between 20 (my age @ the time) and 30. If you are old enough to have fathered me, I am not interested.

The weirdest one of all though, was the man who offered me $/week to have sex... A type of sex I would never have any interest in doing. Girls have it the worst on those sites.
  • Xchristie_89X
    Options
    I met my fiance on yahoo pool 7 years ago, after a few months of chatting on msn we became bf and gf even without meeting he patiently waited 4 years until i gained the courage to meet him face to face and a year later he moved 200 miles to be with me now we are getting married next yr on our 8 yr anniversary :) wouldnt change anything about it except meeting him sooner.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I met several guys on dating sites. They were mostly normal. I have also met people from forums, including my ex-roommate, and my husband. Maybe I just don't attract weirdos... or I know how to filter them better than most people... who knows?
  • Vespyr
    Vespyr Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Current bf I met online. So far so good hehe. Quite a few were not great...I think my profile was up at the most for 3 days.
    In the past there was this guy who was the 1st person to message me. Since I wasn't paying for the site I added him to msn and talked on there..

Conversation - Guy - Wow you're the nicest girl I've ever talked to. I wish I could drive down and meet you tonight.
    Me - heh...we haven't even been talking for 5 minutes.
    Guy - You're beautiful in your profile picture. Sexy body etc etc
    Me - Um thanks (wishing I hadn't put up a picture)
    Guy - "Puts up his picture* What do you think of my body?
    ( Looks at image of middle aged, overweight, balding guy) *btw...nothing wrong with that but I was 22*
    Me - um nice...look I gotta go.
  • anniesmith018
    Options
    I met my perfect love through online dating, now we are getting engaged next yr on our 3 yr anniversary :) ...

https://www.know2love.com/