Coconut oil-fab for hair

Options
124»

Replies

• naomi8888
    naomi8888 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I use it as a prewash hair conditioner up to twice a week, don't need to use any hair conditioner at all. A little rubbed on the hands and then dry hair also helps tame and define my curls as i come closer to needing a shampoo.

I also use it as a face and body moisturiser.

Some people use it for oil pulling (teeth) - google it, quite interesting...haven't tried it myself but apparently it works according to a poster on another website I visit, they said they have excellent results.

The majority of the people who consume a lot of coconut oil are typically not calorie counting for weight loss but are probably doing another type of weight loss program eg LCHF or following other dietary principles such as primal or paleo..which would usually be moderate carbs, moderate protein and higher than the norm fat intake.

I did google the oil pulling and I'm intrigued. I think I'll give it a go.
  • kkarrolle
    kkarrolle Posts: 120 Member
    Options

I had read that sesame oil was probably better than coconut oil for oil pulling..
  • GalaxyDuck
    GalaxyDuck Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    bump. Thanks for the info!
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    bump for later - thanks all
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    I use it as a prewash hair conditioner up to twice a week, don't need to use any hair conditioner at all. A little rubbed on the hands and then dry hair also helps tame and define my curls as i come closer to needing a shampoo.

I also use it as a face and body moisturiser.

Some people use it for oil pulling (teeth) - google it, quite interesting...haven't tried it myself but apparently it works according to a poster on another website I visit, they said they have excellent results.

The majority of the people who consume a lot of coconut oil are typically not calorie counting for weight loss but are probably doing another type of weight loss program eg LCHF or following other dietary principles such as primal or paleo..which would usually be moderate carbs, moderate protein and higher than the norm fat intake.

Me too now, how odd this seems!

I dunno if I can last for 15mins with it in my mouth, I get bored easily!! I'll give it a go 2mo
  • Picola1984
    Options
    I did the oil pulling with it, as did my fella

We both felt like our mouth was lovely and clean!!
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I use it on my face every morning. My skin has never been so clear and I don't get oily at all anymore! Using oil-free lotion previously was ramping up the production of oil on my face, making my face an oil slick by the end of the day, but no more!!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options

The articles were fascinating, what type of oil did you both use? Sesame or Sunflower? I know that's what's generally recommended as best choices but I did see them respond to a question or two in regards to Coconut Oil.

I can see picking up a bottle of Sunflower oil and using it in cooking so I may do that. I do already have Coconut Oil but would prefer using the proper oil.

Curious as to what oils anyone has tried with the oil pulling or preferences?

Thanks!:flowerforyou:
  • Picola1984
    Options

The articles were fascinating, what type of oil did you both use? Sesame or Sunflower? I know that's what's generally recommended as best choices but I did see them respond to a question or two in regards to Coconut Oil.

I can see picking up a bottle of Sunflower oil and using it in cooking so I may do that. I do already have Coconut Oil but would prefer using the proper oil.

Curious as to what oils anyone has tried with the oil pulling or preferences?

Thanks!:flowerforyou:

I just used the coconut oil as I don't have sesame or sunflower. I do have rapeseed oil which I plan to try 2mo, but I don't think it will be half as pleasant as the coconut!!
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    The best coconut oil info ever!! Thanks!
  • HeaderAutumn
    HeaderAutumn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: