My parents have both died because of poor health.

Options
13»

Replies

• SkyPixie
    SkyPixie Posts: 224
    Options
    My heart goes out to you because I lost both my parents to their life styles as well, they are one of my big inspirations to loose weight as I don't want to go the same way.

My mother passed away 4 years ago from pancreatic cancer which is often caused by poor life choices .. she was a heavy smoker, morbidly obese, completely sedentary and died at 64.
    My father passed away 10 years ago from heart disease .. he was a heavy smoker , a heavy drinker and a steriod dependant asthamtic.
    I am now watching my mother in law slowly fade away with liver and lung cancer ...a heavy smoker for years with a fat laden diet.

It makes me want to cry and get angry because there is no excuse for killing yourself with food and drink and bad habits, and watching my 9 year old nephew have to deal with the fact that Nanny is dying is just awful.

You have come a long way on your journey and should be very very proud , be kind to yourself and remember you have made the commitment not to follow in their footsteps which is a very positive thing.

Big hugs to you and everyone who has lost a parent this way.

SP
    x
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    It sounds like many of us have faced losses due to poor health. I am glad that we "see the light" and can change our lives.
  • fiabka
    fiabka Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Oh Huni, I am so sorry.
    we all need to grieve & you should never feel bad about that
    It will get easier as time goes on & your fighting spirit will return
    Have faith & love in yourself
    With Love
    :flowerforyou: