1000cal/day diet, daily work out, not losing...

Options
So, tomorrow is the last day of week 4 that ive been doing the Jillian Michaels Body Rev workouts. Friday is my rest day.

I eat about 1000 calories a day, and workout every morning -- except for my rest day. The first week, I lost 10lbs, the 2nd week 7. Last week & this week -- NOTHING.

What the heck am I doing wrong???

Replies

• aklitten
    aklitten Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    You might not be eating enough. If you are consistently exercise, your body needs energy. Counter-intuitive, I know, but you need to fuel your muscles to work the way you are asking them to.
  • lilojoke
    lilojoke Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Your not eating enough... You should at least be eating your BMR calories. Have you gone to the bathroom recently? You may be full of S**T.

You also could be too active for what your asking your body to do.
  • crazyassmomma
    Options
    LMAO. i probably am full of s**t, but not literally :)

and what are BMR calories?

i stuck to this plan about 4 years ago and consistently dropped weight until i stopped working out.... so i figured it should work again.... the only thing was THEN i was taking an appetite suppressant prescribed by my doc. id like to do it without the meds tho......
  • LPinTheD
    LPinTheD Posts: 129
    Options
    You need to eat more than 1000 cals a day... a lot more if you're working out. And say NO to the drugs... they're so bad for you.
  • cansmith80
    Options
    Your not eating enough... You should at least be eating your BMR calories. Have you gone to the bathroom recently? You may be full of S**T.

You also could be too active for what your asking your body to do.
    EAT!!
  • Tamstar1985
    Tamstar1985 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    you WILL lose weight, eventually, on 1000 calories a day plus exercise, but you are putting yourself at risk for loss of lean muscle mass. which, in turn, will screw up your metabolism.

figure out your BMR, set your calorie goal on MFP to that, and set your macros to 40% carbs/30% protein/30% fat. your NET calories at the end of the day should equal what your BMR numbers are or close to it. incorporate strength training into your routine. eat whole, healthy foods and drink your water.

please, please stay away from any weight loss drugs. they can be addictive, and once you come off them, you could gain weight back very quickly.

i know it is hard, but take the weight loss slow and steady and your body will be all the happier for it!
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    EAT!!

^^^^^^^^^This
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I agree, your body needs fuel, eat!
  • lilojoke
    lilojoke Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    you WILL lose weight, eventually, on 1000 calories a day plus exercise, but you are putting yourself at risk for loss of lean muscle mass. which, in turn, will screw up your metabolism.

figure out your BMR, set your calorie goal on MFP to that, and set your macros to 40% carbs/30% protein/30% fat. your NET calories at the end of the day should equal what your BMR numbers are or close to it. incorporate strength training into your routine. eat whole, healthy foods and drink your water.

please, please stay away from any weight loss drugs. they can be addictive, and once you come off them, you could gain weight back very quickly.

i know it is hard, but take the weight loss slow and steady and your body will be all the happier for it!

She may lose some lean mass but even at a caloric deficit thats small you will still lose a little muscle. We lose a mix of both.

The higher the deficit the more water and muscle you lose while losing some fat = you get the skinny fat look.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    whoa---slow down. eat some more. like A LOT MORE. you've been given great advice. you were losing much too fast initially--try to gear it down towards 1-2 pounds MAX per week. input your stats into MFP and follow the recommendations. Eat the calories you're allotted for working out. You'll probably be eating 1800+..my guess based on your ticker.
  • NicoleElen
    NicoleElen Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    It sounds crazy to tell someone who is dieting to eat more, but it's true. I didn't lose weight for nearly 3 weeks, and it was because I was only eating 900-1000 calories a day. When I was younger that worked for me, but now that I am a bit older, it got me stuck in a rut. I increased to 1200 calories and ate back some of my exercise calories and now I am losing 1-2 lbs per week.
  • chammich
    chammich Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Eat..you are in starvation mode.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    eat more
  • melissainez85
    Options
    u need to eat way more especially since ur working out a lot and as u age ur body is different it probably needs more calories then it did back then
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    THIS!

[/quote]
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    you definitely need to eat more :)
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    So, tomorrow is the last day of week 4 that ive been doing the Jillian Michaels Body Rev workouts. Friday is my rest day.

I eat about 1000 calories a day, and workout every morning -- except for my rest day. The first week, I lost 10lbs, the 2nd week 7. Last week & this week -- NOTHING.

What the heck am I doing wrong???

eating 1000 calories a day.
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else said! Eaaat! Om nom nom!
  • FRGHTRAIN
    FRGHTRAIN Posts: 12
    Options
    Your body has went into starvation mode. You need to up your calorie intake, and make up the calories you burn exercising also. The first two weeks worked because your body had reserves. Now they are gone and it thinks it's starving. Also water lots of it!!! Small meals every four hours, and try a supplement drink right after your work out..
  • slimyfishy
    slimyfishy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Two words: EAT MORE.

Starvation IS NOT THE WAY TO LOSE WEIGHT. You need to figure out your BMR (http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/).
    This is the number of calories you need daily to run your heart, brain, circulatory system, etc. When you eat less then that, your body goes into crisis mode and you WILL NOT LOSE WEIGHT. If you are exercising like a fiend on top of eating less then your BMR, you WILL NOT LOSE WEIGHT.

Ask the folks that have lost over 100lbs on here the HEALTHY way. They will all tell you that they ate wisely, ate enough calories, drank water, slept well, and exercised wisely. THAT is how you lose weight and keep it off.