Who can't do jumping jacks (or sneeze) without . . .

Options
needing a change of panties? I think this is mostly and mommy thing cuz I've asked some other mommy types and they never had this issue prior to birthing their babes. Anyone have any solutions? Hilarious stories welcome too :)

Replies

• still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    needing a change of panties? I think this is mostly and mommy thing cuz I've asked some other mommy types and they never had this issue prior to birthing their babes. Anyone have any solutions? Hilarious stories welcome too :)
  • vivalawvegas
    vivalawvegas Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Me.

I do Kegels constantly and wear Poise liners. I forgot to wear one when I went for my run today and was practically wet to the knees by the time I got home.

Sigh.
  • lmalaschak
    lmalaschak Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Sadly, I too have to cross my legs when I sneeze. The kegels are said to help but I haven't tried it yet. Kid number three pushed me over the edge, I think.
  • NamsdnaL
    NamsdnaL Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Poise liners are my savior. If I didn't wear them when I jump rope there would be a river running down my legs. :embarassed:
  • NamsdnaL
    Options
    Sadly, I too have to cross my legs when I sneeze. The kegels are said to help but I haven't tried it yet. Kid number three pushed me over the edge, I think.

My husband just laughs at me if we're walking along and all the sudden I stop and cross my legs before I sneeze.

Hey I cross mine too when I sneeze!!
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    *raises hand*

I like to blame my son. He was 10lbs 5oz. Never had a prob till he was born! lol
  • NamsdnaL
    Options
    *raises hand*

I like to blame my son. He was 10lbs 5oz. Never had a prob till he was born! lol

It must be the big babies. My DS was 10lbs 1oz.
  • dbballinsmom
    Options
    I was so glad to read this. I thought I was the only one! :blushing:
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    *raises hand*

It must be the big babies. My DS was 10lbs 1oz.

Ha! maybe that's it. my daughter was 9 lbs 14oz. Although I can remember my mother crossing her legs to sneeze (she still does) and me and my sister were only in the mid 7's.
  • babyblooeyes
    babyblooeyes Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Yup, same problem and usually a female issues. Sometimes a bladder sling is necessary . It is the result of weakened muscles and a dropping of the bladder. It totally sucks but if I can recall I remember an instance well before childbearing and a trampoline so not sure it all has to do with children.

Theresa
  • suzzann666
    suzzann666 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    didn't have a problem until after my second child. i do half my time on the treadmill, then stop to take a pee break, and then go back and finish the second half. i also have to make sure that i pee before any kind of jumping activity. so annoying!!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    There's a surgery you can have. I've been considering it.
  • HWeatherholt
    HWeatherholt Posts: 283 Member
    Options

My husband just laughs at me if we're walking along and all the sudden I stop and cross my legs before I sneeze.

I stop what I'm doing and cross my legs too. I'm worried how bad it will be once I have kids.
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    <
    I do a class that has Plyometrics - jump training in it - let's just say I wear black pants to that class....Oh and if you go to an indoor trampoline park - yeah prepare for that too!!
  • iNkedFiTmama
    iNkedFiTmama Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    jumping jacks...

jump rope..

running for extended periods of time..

yep I've had 2 kids lol. I'm not doing the surgery .. my mother in law did it and it didn't seem to help her much so I'm just going to deal with it & stick to things that don't make me pee.. there's plenty of stuff I can still do.

I also don't think it has to do with size of the kid either because both of mine were 6lbs.
  • MrsRipdizzle
    MrsRipdizzle Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I thought about it too and I spoke with my doc about it. She said don't bother because most cases, the problem comes back. I've heard that from others as well. I went to a urologist when it first became a problem (I was 27, way too young to be dealing with that) and she said my bladder had dropped a bit and I had a tipped uterus. Whatever that means...

I, too, never had a problem until my 2nd came along...and he was 9 lbs 3 oz, vag if that makes any difference at all. I remember walking up the stairs in the first week post-delivery and just losing it all over. I cried and cried thinking the rest of my life would be like that. Thankfully, it never was that bad ever again...but I'm definitely a fan of Kotex pantiliners!! Running, jumping, sneezing, and a host of emotions can bring it out. Kegels schmegels....I did them and darn it, they didn't improve much. Losing a bit of weight helped a little...but not enough. *le sigh....*
  • Maystar80
    Maystar80 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    i'm really young and have never even had kids and I have issues with this too. not very frequently, but every now and then i'll sneeze, or laugh too hard, or have a bladder a little bit too full while working out and there will be a teensy leak. i drink a lot of water so i have to go a lot during the day. but anyway, don't feel like it's totally a mom problem, even though obviously it worsens then. lots of women get it.
  • sarafil
    sarafil Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I think kegels are the only thing that could help....you are definitely not alone in this, though....I dread any kind of jumping in my exercise classes, and sneezing is the worst.
  • kiwi_dee
    kiwi_dee Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I have had 4 decent sized kids (8lb - 9lb 4oz) and was dreading starting the 30DS today (6wks post partum after #4). However I was pleasantly surprised that there was no leaking - whoop! I *try* to do kegels regularly and have also been working on my transverse abs (physio explained working them together helps make everything stronger).

Also I know some other Mums who have used 'Smartballs' with some success.
  • zsesteacher
    zsesteacher Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem...I always have to wear a pad...I'm glad I'm not alone on this...it really is very frustrating...I wonder if it has anything to do with bladder infections as well...I also tend to get bladder infections...any thoughts? I have three daughters..

Yvette