Before and After - 18 lbs

Options

Replies

• meaganh13
    meaganh13 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I was having a discouraging day (have barely lost anything in ~5 months) but your inspirational words have encouraged me to keep going - THANKS!
  • sunnyflower1177
    Options
    Geat u look good actually awesome, keep it up!!!
  • jennw912
    jennw912 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    you look great and most of what you said is exactly what I tell myself!
  • judyloza
    judyloza Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This post was so encouraging. Thank you!
  • fmeisele
    fmeisele Posts: 55
    Options
    Most important lessons learned from this journey:
    1. Sometimes you have to ignore the numbers on the scale, and go by the way your clothes are fitting you.
    2. There will be weeks, and sometimes months, when you just don't lose anything. You can't get discouraged. You have to move forward and maybe change things up.
    3. Don't obsess...One, two, or even 3 cheat days a month will not hamper your weight loss goals!
    4. Depriving yourself of anything is not healthy. Everything in moderation (except gummy bears for me).
    5. Stop listening to people and comparing yourself to others. Try different things and see what works for you. Low-carb, low-fat, low-cal...blah blah blah. Everyone is different. Do what works for you.
    6. Stop making excuses. You find the time to watch TV...find the time to exercise. Even if it's jumping up and down in place for 10 minutes (yes, I do this...while watching TV). Every bit counts!!!!

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!! Everyone read and re-read this sage advice!!!!

It took me 25 years and now my FORTH time losing 70lbs or more to know what she's learned in less than a year!!!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I don't know which is more gorgeous--YOU or your message/advice...BOTH!!!! You rock and are tootoo fabulous:flowerforyou:
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congrats!!
  • Metsfn4life
    Metsfn4life Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    1. Sometimes you have to ignore the numbers on the scale, and go by the way your clothes are fitting you.
    2. There will be weeks, and sometimes months, when you just don't lose anything. You can't get discouraged. You have to move forward and maybe change things up.
    3. Don't obsess...One, two, or even 3 cheat days a month will not hamper your weight loss goals!
    4. Depriving yourself of anything is not healthy. Everything in moderation (except gummy bears for me).
    5. Stop listening to people and comparing yourself to others. Try different things and see what works for you. Low-carb, low-fat, low-cal...blah blah blah. Everyone is different. Do what works for you.
    6. Stop making excuses. You find the time to watch TV...find the time to exercise. Even if it's jumping up and down in place for 10 minutes (yes, I do this...while watching TV). Every bit counts!!!!

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!! Everyone read and re-read this sage advice!!!!

It took me 25 years and now my FORTH time losing 70lbs or more to know what she's learned in less than a year!!!

Thanks! And congrats on your loss!!!!
  • Metsfn4life
    Options
    I don't know which is more gorgeous--YOU or your message/advice...BOTH!!!! You rock and are tootoo fabulous:flowerforyou:

Aw. Thank you so much. All of these words of encouragment are so appreciated.
  • RumOne
    RumOne Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    you look Great! The less to lose the harder it is (so I've heard :smile: ) Congrats on all your hard work.
  • JamCubeChi
    JamCubeChi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    You look Amazing for just loosing 18 pounds! Great job!:flowerforyou:
  • neubauer7
    neubauer7 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I know this is nothing compared to most of the wonderful success stories I have seen posted, but I am very proud of myself, not only for losing weight, but for becoming stronger and having more energy. At the start of this journey, I couldn't even do 1 push-up, now I can do many and so much more. It's taken me so long just to lose this amount of weight, because I don't believe in starving or depriving myself of anything (I love to eat!!! I said it!). I also don't have unrealistic expectations. I'm 5'6" and have a pretty large frame....I will never be a size 2, and I'm OK with that. I'm down to a size 6/8 (depending on thebrand) and I really do feel at ease where I am. My goal is to lose 5 more lbs during the summer and to get more toned.

BeforeandAfter.jpg

IMAG0531-1.jpg

Your stomach look GREAT!! WTG! :bigsmile:
  • GrnEydGrl86
    GrnEydGrl86 Posts: 154
    Options
    You look fabulous! Keep up the amazing work and thanks for todays motivation to do my workout :tongue:
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. Well done.
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Your body looks SO similar to mine in the before. I started at 164, so your pic at 145 is SUCH an inspiration. I have pretty much known it would take me a year or so to get down to the 145 range, so I'm glad to see I wasn't off base with that assumption. Great work!
  • Metsfn4life
    Options
    Your body looks SO similar to mine in the before. I started at 164, so your pic at 145 is SUCH an inspiration. I have pretty much known it would take me a year or so to get down to the 145 range, so I'm glad to see I wasn't off base with that assumption. Great work!

Thanks and good luck!!
  • JennC831
    JennC831 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    You look great!!!
  • mrsjennifermaffei
    Options
    Looks good!
  • Metsfn4life
    Options
    thanks! i couldn't have done it without MFP and my fabulous support system!
  • mandypooh2103
    mandypooh2103 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Nice job
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!