Turbo Jammers 5/11-5/17

Options
deedun
deedun Posts: 361 Member
Thought I would start off the thread, I was eager to put in that I worked out at lunch time but then I went and had a sodium loaded salad after it!

It's really hard to get a balance between calories and everything else!!

Anyway, I will be back later to add in my TJ workouts..

Hope everyone is having a good Monday!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• deedun
    Options
    Thought I would start off the thread, I was eager to put in that I worked out at lunch time but then I went and had a sodium loaded salad after it!

It's really hard to get a balance between calories and everything else!!

Anyway, I will be back later to add in my TJ workouts..

Hope everyone is having a good Monday!

• KimberlyKurtz
    KimberlyKurtz Posts: 287
    Options
    Do you Turbo jam? I have all the viedos did the learn and burn and that was easy. 20min one I found that I wasn't doing the steps right and was uncorindated with the moves so I gave up. I havent tried any other one's. Does it really work?
  • ronkswife2000
    ronkswife2000 Posts: 176
    Options
    Hi everyone, I did a late workout last night so I'm checking in with hip hop ab cardio workout (30 min) and TJ 20 min. workout...

I have a lot to do today but I'm hoping to squeeze some TJ in today... hope everyone had a great weekend!:bigsmile:
  • ronkswife2000
    Options
    Do you Turbo jam? I have all the viedos did the learn and burn and that was easy. 20min one I found that I wasn't doing the steps right and was uncorindated with the moves so I gave up. I havent tried any other one's. Does it really work?

I just started Turbo Jam one week ago and you're right about the 20 min workout, I'm still not doing the steps right and feel very uncordinated as well but I'm hoping to just keep trying and I know if I do it enough I'll get it down... not sure if I'm seeing results yet, I haven't weighed but I feel better and I know the inches will come off if I continue... you should give it another shot and keep trying, you'll get it!!! Good Luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon Beauties,
    Deedun, thanks for getting us started on another fine week of TJ!! I went toDC for the weekend to see my family (Dad's 80th bday and Mother's Day AND my baby cousin graduated from Law school!! Needless to say it was wonderful ~ a really good time for my family right now ... lots of food involved in all of the celebrations. I jammed before the plane took off and brought my dvds, wrist weights and resistance bands but due to the sleeping arrangements there wasn't an inch of space to TJ! I opted for a 35 min run Sat am instead and (after all of the eating) I got the ladies down on the floor for an impromtu yoga/pilates "round table" so to speak - we all shared our favorite moves!! It was hilarious!! My 76 yr old mom was doing "frog" ~ i hope i can do that when I'm 76, if i make it!!!!

KimberlyKurtz~ Welcome to the thread and I can report "yes, TJ works" as can many of the others who post here!! When I walked into the my Dad's 80th bday luncheon on Friday my family did triple takes ~ they all wanted to know what I'd been doing in the last year workout wise and remarked how different I look. Technically i'm only 10lbs lighter than the last time they saw me but my definition due to this particular workout makes me look leaner and stronger ~ give TJ a try. I started w/ TJ in Jan'09 - 21lbs ago....21lbs in 4 months, 12 lbs to goal. You already have the DVDs so you're halfway there. Don't worry about getting the moves right, it took me a while too (and still does some mornings,:laugh: ) Chalene says the mistakes count:wink: So, if you want a strong core, defined arms and toned hips and legs, if you want to be stronger and feel better ~I encourage you to see what it can do for you ~ this is going to be the first summer when I can just buy a tee shirt or pair of shorts and not feel overly self conscious about wearing it. This thread in particular with the support of everybody and TJ has made an impact on me. I know it can for you too!

Checking in so far today w/ CP before work and 20min is on for when I get home.

Hope everybody has a fantastic Monday!!

Janet:heart:
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Checking in the Turbo Sculpt and 20 minute walk/run on treadmill. I finally got my basement cleaned up and did TJ there, so far so good on the knee thing. Have a great week.
  • gottaluvboyz
    gottaluvboyz Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Hey, Turbo Jammers! Someone needs to come and kick my bootie...make me check in more often:grumble: Anyways...checking in w/ 30 min of pilates, 20 min workout, and ab jam for the day. Not sure if I'll get in anything tonight. My little guy turns one tomorrow...lots to do before then and party on Sunday:smile:

Have a great day all!
  • megan0313
    megan0313 Posts: 394
    Options
    Happy Monday Everyone!

Glad to see everyone checking in...good job on everyone's workouts! Today is CP3 and abs for me.

Janet, sounds like you had a wonderful time in DC! One of my favorite cities...I go 4-5 times a year for work and always look forward to it. WTG to your mom for doing the frog...WOW, that's impressive! It must have been great showing the family the new you! :flowerforyou:

Deedun, thanks for getting thread going for us! :flowerforyou:

naugustyniak, glad your knees didn't bother you this time...I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Kelly, congrats on your little guy's 1st B-Day! Thats' such a big day! :heart:

KimberlyKurtz, welcome to the thread, and ditto to everything Janet said. I've been doing TJ for about a year, but since joining this thread in Jan '09 I've been really serious about it, working out minimum 5 days/week. At 43, I'm in the best shape of my life, even though I've always been very active in dance, yoga and sports. I think TJ is the best program out there and I've tried almost all of them!

Ronkswife, way to hang in there! Those steps will be 2nd nature before you know it!

Have a great day everyone!
    :heart:
  • Kennie
    Kennie Posts: 31
    Options
    Hey everyone,
    20 minute jam , ab jam and 15 mins on the bike tonight. It was my bday yesterday and my mom surprised me by coming to town and a party with the fams. So sweet, but unfortunately all the food and cake made me feel horrible today. SOOO sluggish! Hopefully get back on track this week. A well, only turn 28 once rght? haha and the scale was only 1lbs higher after such a heavy meal....I need to stop being a slave to the scale.
    Hope you all had a great weekend!

194078.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • ronkswife2000
    Options
    Happy Monday Everyone!

Glad to see everyone checking in...good job on everyone's workouts! Today is CP3 and abs for me.

Janet, sounds like you had a wonderful time in DC! One of my favorite cities...I go 4-5 times a year for work and always look forward to it. WTG to your mom for doing the frog...WOW, that's impressive! It must have been great showing the family the new you! :flowerforyou:

Deedun, thanks for getting thread going for us! :flowerforyou:

naugustyniak, glad your knees didn't bother you this time...I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Kelly, congrats on your little guy's 1st B-Day! Thats' such a big day! :heart:

KimberlyKurtz, welcome to the thread, and ditto to everything Janet said. I've been doing TJ for about a year, but since joining this thread in Jan '09 I've been really serious about it, working out minimum 5 days/week. At 43, I'm in the best shape of my life, even though I've always been very active in dance, yoga and sports. I think TJ is the best program out there and I've tried almost all of them!

Ronkswife, way to hang in there! Those steps will be 2nd nature before you know it!

Have a great day everyone!

Megan0313, great job on all your workouts. I notice that you're always complimenting everyone so I thought I would return the favor!

All of you are doing so well and it's a huge inspiration for me to continue with TJ even though I feel crazy, embarrased and way out of wack with the steps... I know one of these days I'll get them down...:tongue:
  • Kennie
    Kennie Posts: 31
    Options
    Thanks Megan for letting me know about the videos! Im going to order them this week!
    Checking in with 45 mins karate/ab jam/ ten minutes on the bike!
    :glasses:

194078.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • deedun
    Options
    Hey everyone, checking in with 30mins of CP2 - that;s all I could do before I nearly collaspsed! God I am so unfit, I used to be able to do a full Cardio Party, now my HRM is beeping nonstop and I cant finish one... :grumble: Really not happy. Have to step up my game.

Tomorrow I am back in the gym in work for my lunchtime workout..

Hope everyone is having a better time working out than me!!

• KimberlyKurtz
    KimberlyKurtz Posts: 287
    Options
    Ok-I am going to give TJ another try. I always follow the guide of which one's to do for the first days then after the learn and burn I give up because the 20min one I can't keep up with the moves. I am so not corridnated for TJ so I get mad and stop doing them. Then I feel that I am not getting a good workout in by not doing the correct moves they do. However you all have made me want to try it again. I'll try and stick to it this time. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow!
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    No TJ today....it was so nice out I decided to go for a bike ride, 8.3 miles in 53 minutes....not a world record but I burned 548 calories and I did get outside.
  • ronkswife2000
    Options
    Checking in today with the 40 min. Turbo sculpt... man I was sweating more than normal today. This is my 2nd week of TJ and I feel great about doing TJ everyday!

Have a great day and workout everyone! :glasses:
  • megan0313
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

Checking in with CE burn 2 (my arms are shaking so bad I can barely type this! :laugh: )

Amber, Kennie, and naugustyniak...good job on your workouts! :flowerforyou:

Dara, I still have days when I can barely get through a workout, or even can't finish...just listen to your body and keep on keepin' on! :smile:

Kimberly, I remember getting frustrated too...try to give yourself a week or two to catch on, I promise you'll get there!

Have a great evening everyone!
  • deedun
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

Checking in with CE burn 2 (my arms are shaking so bad I can barely type this! :laugh: )

Amber, Kennie, and naugustyniak...good job on your workouts! :flowerforyou:

Dara, I still have days when I can barely get through a workout, or even can't finish...just listen to your body and keep on keepin' on! :smile:

Kimberly, I remember getting frustrated too...try to give yourself a week or two to catch on, I promise you'll get there!

Have a great evening everyone!

Megan, how are you getting on with CE, have you noticed a difference yet?

I am going to go back to basics and use my schedule that I got originally and work up from that! Ever since I went to Boston, my workouts have majorilly suffered so I have decided to step it up and get back on track.

I am back in the gym today, then after work I will be shopping, my old clothes are getting to baggy (I have gone down 1 dress size - which I am delighted and its keeeping me motivated to go further) :smile: so just gonna grab a few cheapy essentials for work as hopefully I will be loosing more weight!!
  • megan0313
    Options

Megan, how are you getting on with CE, have you noticed a difference yet?

I am going to go back to basics and use my schedule that I got originally and work up from that! Ever since I went to Boston, my workouts have majorilly suffered so I have decided to step it up and get back on track.

I am back in the gym today, then after work I will be shopping, my old clothes are getting to baggy (I have gone down 1 dress size - which I am delighted and its keeeping me motivated to go further) :smile: so just gonna grab a few cheapy essentials for work as hopefully I will be loosing more weight!!

Dara...OMG! I can't believe the difference I'm seeing with CE! I'm almost finished with the first month and it's just amazing. When I pass a mirror I do a double take...I can't believe it's me! :laugh: My 12 y/o daughter makes me flex my arms for everyone, she's so impressed with my muscle...and DH is liking it too...it's getting a little embarrassing.:blushing: (but in a good way). And it's not just my arms, it's all over, legs, butt, abs. I should mention that before I started I was about 3 lbs under my goal weight, and I've actually gained about 1 lb since starting this...however, I haven't been trying to lose weight either and I've been eating at a maintanence level plus all of my workout calories (some days more :tongue: ). I'm sure I'd see weight loss otherwise. When you decide to start it, make sure you can commit to following through, especially on the weight lifting days which are 3x per week. Honestly, most days I don't feel like doing it, but the thought of having to start over is extremely motivating! :laugh: I loved TJ and Chalene before this, but now she is my HERO! Let me know when you decide to start. I took before pics and at the end of the 3 months I'll do the after and post them. Good Luck! :heart:
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Dara thanks for starting the thread this week!

Sorry I've been MIA. I can't believe how quickly the weeks are flying by.

Just some quick notes about my weekend. I walked in the Race for the Cure on Saturday. It was a great cause but not a great workout LOL so many people you can't walk very fast, so I just enjoyed walk and knowing that I helped raise money for the cause and awareness. Sunday of course was mother's day and my hubby and son bought me some beautiful flowers, one in a hanging pot and one to plant outside. I'm not one for anything in a vase that is just going to die on my kitchen table :laugh:

I didn't get a workout in on Monday but I did get CP2 in yesterday. My HRM beeped the whole time (see Dara you aren't the only one). I feel so outta sorts lately not being able to get my workouts in everyday. I gotta get serious though I wanna lose 5 lbs by mid July and another 10 lbs by Halloween. I'm pretty sure with weather getting warmer we will get out more and hopefully I will start dropping weight again.

So glad to see all of you still Jammin.

Kelly glad to see your smiling face again. Happy birthday to your lil one.
    Janet-sounds like you had a wonderful weekend.
    Naugusty-glad that your knees aren't bothering you. I'm happy you were able to find a spot in your home to continue working out.
    Ronks-I'm so glad you are enjoying the workouts. I'm pretty sure you will start seeing results soon!

I know I'm missing a few of you and I'm sorry...that's what I get for trying to catch up on a Wednesday!
    Hope you all have a great day!
  • ronkswife2000
    Options
    Checking in today with Turbo Sculpt and 20 min. workout... the first day that I've done more than one of the workouts. I'm feeling really great about my progress... not seeing to much of a change yet but I know it will get here!

Looking forward to the day were I start noticing inches lost! :bigsmile:

Have a great day and workout everyone!:happy: