Shake Weight

Options

Replies

• bbbgamer
    bbbgamer Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    shake weights totally look like you're jacking off a guy.

I am glad I didnt have to say this and more glad I am not the only one who thought that....
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    If the shake weight burns 20 to 30 calories a minute I'm going to have to start logging "me time".

LMAO! :laugh: Love this answer!!
  • lifeskittles
    lifeskittles Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Wow what a bunch of RUDE people. Who cares what people like, or what they don't like. If you don't like it, keep to your self. SMH...

A lot of people like to knock things that they have never tried. I don't own a shake weight, but one day I will. The best way to find out how much calories you are burning using your shake weight is to get a Heart Rate Monitor.

Keep up the good work.
    I think lots of people try them just for kicks. I think people are just getting excited over the topic and having fun. And this is very bad advice (hrm). HRMs are accurate for cardio, not weights http://www.sparkpeople.com/community/ask_the_experts.asp?q=75

I would think that shake weight is cardio. I do Billy's Boot Camp Cardio Sculpt and Tae Bo Ripped Extreme and both workouts are cardio/strength, so are you telling me that I couldn't use a HRM for the workouts?

I'm confused at how those are at all related...The cardio you mention you do works your whole body but the shake weight you can do sitting on the couch...How on earth is that cardio?

What kind of cardio exercises a person can do sitting down?

Who answers a question with a question? ....Someone who can't answer the question?
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    This is just my opinion...

I bought the shakeweight a couple of years ago. I bought it and used it for a few weeks before I ever saw that it simulated a sexual acitivity. As for a person using it because they are LAZY and obese, that is absurd!! I use it, and I usually workout 70 to 80 minutes a day, 6 days a week with my treadmill and various workout DVDS. Trust me, I am not lazy and my butt does not ever hit the couch during a normal day!! People are not using it to lose fat, they are using it to tone their arms, and I have found that it works for me. I am so tired of everyone's mind automatically going to the gutter on most discussions. Come on people, life is more than dirty sexual references! And speaking of sex, alot of you must have pretty PATHETIC sex lives it you have to do that sort of motion on your partner and can't get the deed done with the appropriate parts of your body!!

I'm pretty sure fat loss and all your other activity is what's "toning" your arms.
  • bbbgamer
    Options
    This is just my opinion...

I bought the shakeweight a couple of years ago. I bought it and used it for a few weeks before I ever saw that it simulated a sexual acitivity.

Please tell your man I am sorry for him.....
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Wow what a bunch of RUDE people. Who cares what people like, or what they don't like. If you don't like it, keep to your self. SMH...

A lot of people like to knock things that they have never tried. I don't own a shake weight, but one day I will. The best way to find out how much calories you are burning using your shake weight is to get a Heart Rate Monitor.

Keep up the good work.
    I think lots of people try them just for kicks. I think people are just getting excited over the topic and having fun. And this is very bad advice (hrm). HRMs are accurate for cardio, not weights http://www.sparkpeople.com/community/ask_the_experts.asp?q=75

I would think that shake weight is cardio. I do Billy's Boot Camp Cardio Sculpt and Tae Bo Ripped Extreme and both workouts are cardio/strength, so are you telling me that I couldn't use a HRM for the workouts?

I'm confused at how those are at all related...The cardio you mention you do works your whole body but the shake weight you can do sitting on the couch...How on earth is that cardio?

Who answers a question with a question? ....Someone who can't answer the question?

I see you can't answer the question. We are done. Don't bother replying. I will not see it.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Options
    Also, the sexual comparison is fair. If shaking something through such a small range of motion "toned" arms, then why doesn't the activity it's being compared to?
  • docktorfokse
    docktorfokse Posts: 473 Member
    Options

Keep up the good work.

Are you answering a question with a question?
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Options

Keep up the good work.

I see you can't answer the question. We are done. Don't bother replying. I will not see it.

Azackery. So silly you'd think she was trolling....but I doubt it. :(
  • bbbgamer
    Options
    Also, the sexual comparison is fair. If shaking something through such a small range of motion "toned" arms, then why doesn't the activity it's being compared to?

Oh but it does, my right arm looks like Popeye while my left............well a little bit like olive oyl......
  • amanda8o
    amanda8o Posts: 352 Member
    Options

Keep up the good work.

I have to totally agree someone comes on looking for help about calories and it seem's like all everyone can do it knock something they have never tried ,if you don't agree why even bother looking at the post in the first place,just move on if you have nothing encouraging to offer,I thought this was supposed to be a motivational site not a let's rip everyone who I think is wrong apart site!

I've had one for about 2 years and just started using mine again about a month ago and can definitely see a difference,but I don't count the calories cause I know it's not gonna be alot,as is most strength training. But keep up the great work!!
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    The fact that you think that there is only ONE appropriate body part to complete "that act" leads me to believe that you shouldn't be calling other peoples sex lives pathetic. There are, in fact, SEVERAL.
  • lifeskittles
    Options
    All I can say is ...BAHAHA.
  • kekl
    kekl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I'll just leave this here....

tumblr_m24qyjJmWQ1rsyx4jo1_500.gif
  • lifeskittles
    Options

OH MY GOD HILARIOUS.
  • healthyfoxx
    healthyfoxx Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    The fact that you think that there is only ONE appropriate body part to complete "that act" leads me to believe that you shouldn't be calling other peoples sex lives pathetic. There are, in fact, SEVERAL.

^ THIS. I'm kind of shocked and saddened to hear some people only sexually interact one way. :(

But seriously, OP, you should probably invest in some regular dumbbells. You'll likely get more results, and can use then in conjunction with other workouts (like DVDs) for better results.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    shake weights totally look like you're jacking off a guy.

south park has much to teach you.

That was a good episode. I didn't get the connection until I saw the show; my mind doesn't work that way, but after that it was so clear.

It's a silly toy.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Options

Keep up the good work.

I have to totally agree someone comes on looking for help about calories and it seem's like all everyone can do it knock something they have never tried ,if you don't agree why even bother looking at the post in the first place,just move on if you have nothing encouraging to offer,I thought this was supposed to be a motivational site not a let's rip everyone who I think is wrong apart site!

I've had one for about 2 years and just started using mine again about a month ago and can definitely see a difference,but I don't count the calories cause I know it's not gonna be alot,as is most strength training. But keep up the great work!!

How silly that you think that's strength training. :flowerforyou:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

OH MY GOD HILARIOUS.

if anyonew thinks that looks like a good workout , please......HAVE ANOTHER KITKAT!!!!
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Jessica_Henry, continue to use your shake weight and use the ignore option to ignore the rude people. That's what I do. I come here to support and motivate people, not to make fun or belittle people. Some people on this site likes doing this and when I see people like this, I automatically put them on ignore. They are immature. This may be a public forum, but if a person doesn't have anything nice to say, they should stay out of forums, instead of showing people how immature they are. They can't speak for your body, only you can. You don't have to prove anything to anyone on here. A lot of people on here can't stand me, because I don't see things their way and I don't have to prove myself to them. I'm not a follower. I'm a leader and that's what you should be as well. Ugliness will always be around, but you don't have to give ugliness your attention.
This discussion has been closed.