How to reduce Body fat %

Options
124»

Replies

• watboy
    watboy Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Yes those foods are high in calories as well so it doesn't help. I eat avocados and also have nuts as well. I would never eliminate fat completely. but reducing it for me has done wonders. Again I only speak of my own personal experience and how I lost my weight. I know people who eat high fat foods and are in even better shape than me. I just tried it and it worked for me
    Yes I never said it wouldn't :) I don't count calories either though and that works for me.
    My experience in the past 4 years has taught me that for me eating low-fat content has helpled me tremendously in lowering cholesterol and overall wellness. Combined with weight training and cardio it has done wonders for me. I still have some more work to do but so far so good. I also never suggest going nonfat on everything. Tons of people do that. Our bodies need fat so cutting it all out I don't agree with. But to each their own.

"The most serious risk of high fat diets is heart disease. High-fat diets typically recommend foods high in saturated fats like beef, bacon and dark-meat poultry. According to the American Heart Association, a diet high in saturated fat can dramatically raise your :flowerforyou: cholesterol, increasing your risk of heart disease. The AHA recommends limiting your total fat intake to between 25 to 35 percent of total calories with only 7 percent coming by way of saturated fats."

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/249377-the-risks-of-high-fat-diets/#ixzz1qQSxQo7q

Notice however they don't eliminate fat completely. But overall going low-fat will have some great benefits for your health as a whole and for me it has helpled with weightloss as well
    I'm also on a low-fat regimine.
    This has helped me tremendously in reducing bodyfat, lowering cholesterol levels, and losing weight.

I am already on a low fat regimin of 30g or less per day. Does anyone know if this will continue to make my body fat dwindle or do i need to consume even less fat? I am also working out intense cardio 5-7 days/week along with strength training m-w-f.

And I have done the same thing on a high fat diet. Dietary fat doesn't equate to body fat. And it doesn't necessarily equate to cholesterol.

Keep in mind that all those things referenced in the study are also items very high in calories. But there is a difference between eating high fat and eating unhealthy. I cook with extra virgin olive oil, eat stuff like nuts and peanut butter and my cholesterol is lower than ever. I believes its more of a mix between unhealthy eating and obesity that increase your chance for heart disease. You don't really see anyone that is fit (low body fat and lots of muscle) that has the same issues as those that are obese.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Is weight training to be started right from the begining ?

Because I have been told I should first concentrate on cardio training for the first couple of months...
    And then move on to lifting weights ...

Build up lean mass or strength first.
    Retention of lean mass is paramount to fat loss.
    Eating too little cals and doing only cardio will surely accelerate weight loss but you stand a chance of losing 20-50% in lean mass as opposed to just fat.

Good strength routines like Starting Strength and Stronglifts 5x5 will help break you into the lifting world and maintain as much lean mass while you are on a cut.
  • watboy
    watboy Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Psulemon . Be nice :)
    I can't believe I am saying this, but like watboy said lol, there really is no reason to wait. In fact, if you really wanted to get rid of any exercise, eliminate cardio. You can make your weight training anaerobic to provide benefits to your heart and cardiovascular system.
  • Carim007
    Carim007 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thanks Helloitsdan ...
    Your approach is indeed a lot more logical !!!

Cheers
    Is weight training to be started right from the begining ?

Because I have been told I should first concentrate on cardio training for the first couple of months...
    And then move on to lifting weights ...

Build up lean mass or strength first.
    Retention of lean mass is paramount to fat loss.
    Eating too little cals and doing only cardio will surely accelerate weight loss but you stand a chance of losing 20-50% in lean mass as opposed to just fat.

Good strength routines like Starting Strength and Stronglifts 5x5 will help break you into the lifting world and maintain as much lean mass while you are on a cut.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    More confirmation, with stated sources, to why cardio sucks for fat loss.

http://www.metaboliceffect.com/topic/38-nutrition-lifestyle.aspx