Anyone on here do Zumba for the wii?

Options
jhehle
jhehle Posts: 88 Member
I just bought this last week and i absolutely love it. It gets my heart rate up and the sweat dripping (gross but still feels good) lol Anyway i just absolutely love it because its so fun that im not thinking "ugh how much longer like i did when i was on the elliptical" . Having said that, i still plan to use my elliptical just not every workout. Just curious if anyone else does the zumba on the wii and wondering if you've seen any results from it. I guess because its a "game" im having a hard time wrapping my mind around that im actually working out even though i definitely feel it.

Also....i do this on carpet and its kind of hard to do with my tennis shoes as there is too much traction, but if i do it in socks only my feet do not feel supported and i get blisters on my toes, any suggestions on better types of shoes to do this in?

I've lost 28 lbs since Jan 9, 2012 and i really want to keep it up so all suggestions welcome!

Replies

• jhehle
    jhehle Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    no one else does this, well i recommed you buy it because its fun haha
  • medaglia_06
    medaglia_06 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I have the second one and I am not overly impressed. Although it does get me sweating I prefer the actual classes.

I LOVE the Just Dance series for the wii though :)
  • mamapuddin17
    mamapuddin17 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Is it just called Zumba for the Wii? My son has a Wii and I thought about getting Zumba but didn't know what to look for.
    As far as shoes I have no idea I workout to WATP DVD's barefoot. I hate shoes!!
  • jazzn4Life
    jazzn4Life Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba for the Wii, it's fun and challenging....it gets your heart pumping
  • tiffylc37
    tiffylc37 Posts: 29
    Options
    Good Morning! I want to get the same thing for either Wii or Xbox... Glad you are busting a move and it works... let me know what kind of results you see... New to MFP :)
  • CMorning99
    CMorning99 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I have that game too! I don't use it really for fitness b/c I am so horrible at it LOL. I mainly use it on days when I just don't want to "exercise" or on the weekends for fun just to get a few extra "moves" in : )

I had the same problem with the carpet. I went to Payless and found a pair of Champion brand shoes that has very minimal tread on them and they are better, not perfect though. I guess ideally would be to find a pair of dance shoes but I am not that committed.
  • twynzmom
    twynzmom Posts: 172
    Options
    haven't bought it - yet!
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba for the Wii. It is alot of fun! It takes a lil time to get used to the moves, but once you have them down i really enjoy it. I Absolutely LOVe just dance 3 sweat! :)

the shoe problem, not real sure about..I have wood floors so all i do is roll back my rug while i'm working out.
  • toriann143
    Options
    I do the Zumba on Wii and LOVE it! I would log it on here as the aerboics, modern dance I think and it says on average you burn like 207 cals doing it for the 20 min session. I bought a HRM and I'm actually burning more then that. Sometimes is 250 cals burned. It is exercise for sure! I don't consider it a game because I'm just wearing a belt in order to hold the remote.

Shoes, I'm not too sure on. I don't do mine on carpet, so I wear my tennis shoes.

I have an elliptical too. I do the Zumba about everyday and then add the elliptical to it every other day.

Hope this helps :)
  • judypriv
    judypriv Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I do it on days I can't get to the gym. I love my zumba classes but I my schedule only lets me get to one or two. I don't know if I could say zumba only gave me results but I have lost 15 inches so far in about 2 months. i do weights too and watch my diet. Only 7 lbs though. I had a lot of feet pain after I started zumba and I got zumba shoes and it made a world of difference.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I have the first Zumba game for wii... I like it... though I do like the classes better, it gets the job done on days I can't go.
  • aeberly01
    aeberly01 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have it, I've only done it a few times though. I have the Zumba videos too and tend to do those instead. I struggle with the wii because I find I usually end up being competitive about the points instead of just doing it and having fun. I know I don't do it right all the time, and I don't like that it tells me everytime I'm wrong! lol Also, when I start worrying about getting it right by wii standards, I start to concentrate on my right hand and forget my legs. That's just me though. I do do all the just dance's and enjoy them! I also thought about making a zumba play list on youtube, because I'm gettting tired of the music on my videos over and over again.
  • LauraSmyth28
    LauraSmyth28 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    There are loads of people on here who do it, I'm one of them.

I tend to do a 40 minute intermediate class when I'm having a rest day from Jillian Michaels ;)

At least Zumba doesn't shout at me!! I love it...and yes I've seen results from it, I have it since January.
  • Nalgh94
    Nalgh94 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I actually prefer doing it barefoot. I have it and use it about twice a week since I focus on my ellipitical a bit more. The only thing I dont like about the game is that I dont feel the remote in belt is really that accurate when tracking moves/calories. Either way I use my HRM to track the calories and that to me is a lot more accurate but I agree it's tons of fun
  • DebraAukett
    DebraAukett Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I don't have the Zumba, but I love Just Dance 3, My Fitness Coach - Cardio Workout and Step it Out. Keeps exercising fun and I do burn loads of calories and have seen great results thus far
  • Fatbuster205
    Fatbuster205 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I also recently bought it and have had a couple of goes and I love it! i am aiming to use it on wet days but I haven't really got the hang of it yet! Great workout though!
  • Fatbuster205
    Fatbuster205 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I have it, I've only done it a few times though. I have the Zumba videos too and tend to do those instead. I struggle with the wii because I find I usually end up being competitive about the points instead of just doing it and having fun. I know I don't do it right all the time, and I don't like that it tells me everytime I'm wrong! lol Also, when I start worrying about getting it right by wii standards, I start to concentrate on my right hand and forget my legs. That's just me though. I do do all the just dance's and enjoy them! I also thought about making a zumba play list on youtube, because I'm gettting tired of the music on my videos over and over again.

LOL! Yes - I know the problem - left - right ! Argh!
  • getnitdone1
    Options
    I have Zumba for the Wii and the Kinect and I love them both. Like you have stated the sweat is dripping and my heart is racing. I have seen results (inches more than pounds). Turn the tv up and if you take it seriously and really do the moves you will feel like you are in the class.

I am also doing this on a carpet. I haven't had any issues with only wearing socks but I am over compensating by really raising my legs and lifting my feet.

How about placing a yoga mat beneath you for extra cushion?
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I just bought this last week and i absolutely love it. It gets my heart rate up and the sweat dripping (gross but still feels good) lol Anyway i just absolutely love it because its so fun that im not thinking "ugh how much longer like i did when i was on the elliptical" . Having said that, i still plan to use my elliptical just not every workout. Just curious if anyone else does the zumba on the wii and wondering if you've seen any results from it. I guess because its a "game" im having a hard time wrapping my mind around that im actually working out even though i definitely feel it.

Also....i do this on carpet and its kind of hard to do with my tennis shoes as there is too much traction, but if i do it in socks only my feet do not feel supported and i get blisters on my toes, any suggestions on better types of shoes to do this in?

I've lost 28 lbs since Jan 9, 2012 and i really want to keep it up so all suggestions welcome!

I have the original one and I have used it and had fun with it. I'm not sure if I actually got results from it as I have never done it regularly enough to determine. I prefer the classes, but I moved from where I had my class and it's now about 30-40 minutes away, so I have a hard time convincing myself to go. lol That's why I will periodically break out the game. I don't like how, with the Wii controller, with certain movements, it doesn't register that you're doing anything. That annoys me. lol I recently bought the newest Zumba DVDs, I think they're called Exhilaration. I like the ones I've tried in that series. It's different than the game, of course, but I actually think the DVDs are pretty decent as well and they're a good workout. I have had success with Zumba classes and Tony Horton's 10 Minute Trainer, losing around 40 lbs and 27 inches (all over), so I can say Zumba works. The combination, for me, was even better. My instructor thought out loud one time, when we were having class in a church with carpet, that maybe it we slipped like a nylon footie (think like what you use at the shoe store to try on shoes, though I don't think those would stay on, so maybe a knee high?) over our shoes, it might help us slide a little easier. I don't think anyone ever tried it though. I just suck it up when I'm doing Zumba in my living room. There are certain moves that I can't do quite right, because my foot doesn't slide, so I just modify so I don't injure my knees. I figure as long as I keep moving, it's helping! :) Oh... and I would think that trying the nylon thing, it might create a lot of extra static electricity, but I could be wrong. lol
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba for the Wii and Zumba Rush for the Kinect and I like the Zumba Rush better but Zumba for the Wii is still fun