Anyone on here do Zumba for the wii?

Options
2»

Replies

• jhehle
    jhehle Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Is it just called Zumba for the Wii? My son has a Wii and I thought about getting Zumba but didn't know what to look for.
    As far as shoes I have no idea I workout to WATP DVD's barefoot. I hate shoes!!

Its just called Zumba I have the Zumba2 version though
  • chiera88
    chiera88 Posts: 155
    Options
    it's definitely exercise! keep it up since you enjoy it, you'll actually stick with this.

do it barefoot :)
  • jhehle
    Options
    I have the second one and I am not overly impressed. Although it does get me sweating I prefer the actual classes.

I LOVE the Just Dance series for the wii though :)

i cant go to any actual classes i live way out in the country and have 2 kids and drive an hour both directions, so home workouts is all i have time for and i dont know of any actual Zumba classes nearby unless they have on at the gym an hour away

however, i bet they are lots of fun to go too and so much evergy!!
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I use Zumba on the Wii too. Like you, I get too much traction with shoes on but no support in socks. I wear dance shoes (Payless) to get a comfortable medium. They are flat bottom and slide on the carpet nicely. They give me just enough traction.

When I do Zumba at the gym, I wear Skechers dance / hip hop shoes. I do not use my Nike Shox to do Zumba bc they weigh you down and make the foot movements hard/tricky.

DWS_danceshoes_jazz_top.jpg
  • Butterfly3730
    Options
    I have Zumba 2 wii too and I love it. I have a HRM and I'm burning 400+ calories each session. I do a variety of things as well but yes you can get results with this just like any other exercise. So Enjoy!
  • cookierinthia
    cookierinthia Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I've heard about Zumba for the Wii and plan on purchasing it! I need all the help I can get!
  • sparkly96
    sparkly96 Posts: 120
    Options
    I dont think i could do a Zumba class without making a fool of myself so i bought Zumba for Wii and love it. Do i have all the moves down; uhm not yet but it gets me to move and its fun. I wear a light pair of sneakers (champion brand) that i wouldnt normally work out in because there isnt much support. These sneakers were more for fashion i think. I Zumba on a hard wood floor so i dont have any issues with the dance moves.

I also have Just Dance 2 and 3 and love that as well. I have Wii sports that came with my Wii and most of the games on there get you moving and you burn calories.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I have the second one and I am not overly impressed. Although it does get me sweating I prefer the actual classes.

I LOVE the Just Dance series for the wii though :)

i cant go to any actual classes i live way out in the country and have 2 kids and drive an hour both directions, so home workouts is all i have time for and i dont know of any actual Zumba classes nearby unless they have on at the gym an hour away

however, i bet they are lots of fun to go too and so much evergy!!

Have you checked Zumba.com? they have a database available to see if there are any instructors near by, where they teach and what classes they teach (since there is like 50 different Zumba classes now.. :laugh: ) You can search by zipcode.
  • jhehle
    Options
    I use Zumba on the Wii too. Like you, I get too much traction with shoes on but no support in socks. I wear dance shoes (Payless) to get a comfortable medium. They are flat bottom and slide on the carpet nicely. They give me just enough traction.

When I do Zumba at the gym, I wear Skechers dance / hip hop shoes. I do not use my Nike Shox to do Zumba bc they weigh you down and make the foot movements hard/tricky.

DWS_danceshoes_jazz_top.jpg

i didnt know payless sold dance shoes, im going to check it out thanks!
  • cpiton
    cpiton Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    So glad you posted this! I've been playing Just Dance 2 & 3 on the Wii with my daughter. I burned 400+ calories yesterday. I don't worry about the score (unless I win lol) I just concentrate on the moves. It makes me feel happy and like I'm not working out at all. I'm going to get the Zumba ones next. I loved the classes :)

Oh, and I believe Zumba actually sells these bands you can slip on your shoes. The Curves in my area sells them for Zumba classes on carpet. Also, Zumba has some cute and colorful exercise clothes :happy:
  • PoeticLolita
    PoeticLolita Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba 2 for Wii and I love it. I hate working out but this is the only workout I love doing.