St. Patty's Day festivities

Options
vancil01
vancil01 Posts: 70 Member
Hi everyone :)

I am planning on not following my diet this Saturday as I will be going to a Kegs and Eggs event and then continuing to drink most of the day away with friends....think I should worry about how many calories I am consuming? Might be kinds cool to actually track how bad beer is for you..lol, and all that drinking is obviously going to lead to bad eating.

Is anyone else forgetting about their diet/lifestyle change this weekend?

Replies

• babybluefire
    babybluefire Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    My mil refuses to tell me the ingredients in anything she makes. (heaven forbid I out do her in some way) So holidays that we have to go to her place I will refuse to count because unless I bring my own meal I have no idea of the calorie count. I do attempt to eat small portions and not over eat though.

If I had anyone to go out with on Saint Patrick's day I would not count either and just enjoy myself.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    OMG...you spelled it "Patty" not "Paddy"...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRD686WuqgHPBUPSM8OZSo1sDkovm6cQif8FP9YjVTJ6cz71FhQSA
  • vancil01
    Options
    Well it is for St. Patrick, not Padrick ;)

However, I just looked at a site and I saw Paddy....oh well, **** happens :)

I do like your Monty Python pic though! Such a great movie!
  • almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Beer, Beer, Beer, Beer, Scotch
  • DeenaSteelerGirl
    Options
    Green beer :drinker:
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    It's from Pádraig, but let's not get into that again.

I don't celebrate St. Patrick's day, but if I did... I don't count holidays where there is a lot of food. Too much trouble and I'm not likely to get anything close to accurate. Anyway one day is unlikely to hurt your weight loss at all unless you are eating many thousands of calories.
  • vancil01
    Options
    It's from Pádraig, but let's not get into that again.

I don't celebrate St. Patrick's day, but if I did... I don't count holidays where there is a lot of food. Too much trouble and I'm not likely to get anything close to accurate. Anyway one day is unlikely to hurt your weight loss at all unless you are eating many thousands of calories.

Yeah, I always forget that not everything in history translates into English like we know it...honest mistake and I corrected myself lol.

I might count a few, but I will probably be drunk by 10am, so I do not think that will last very long.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    Options

There was a RAGING debate about this the other day...of all things to argue about...sheesh. I probably made it worse by posting a picture from a British movie, LOL! :bigsmile:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    There will be Irish Car Bombs. There will be Jameson. There will be shamrocks and wearing of green clothing.

There will (likely) be a hangover in my future :sad: :laugh:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    This seems like a nice thread, I don't want to get it deleted with my extremely offensive St. Patrick's Day joke. :ohwell:

PM me if you want......:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • vancil01
    Options

There was a RAGING debate about this the other day...of all things to argue about...sheesh. I probably made it worse by posting a picture from a British movie, LOL! :bigsmile:

Haha, sorry, missed that thread :D
  • LauraMacNCheese
    Options

No...no you aren't...trust me, LOL!
  • vancil01
    Options
    There will be Irish Car Bombs. There will be Jameson. There will be shamrocks and wearing of green clothing.

There will (likely) be a hangover in my future :sad: :laugh:

I love Jameson! can't wait to have some Saturday morning :D
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    OMG...you spelled it "Patty" not "Paddy"...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRD686WuqgHPBUPSM8OZSo1sDkovm6cQif8FP9YjVTJ6cz71FhQSA

i was thinking the exact same thing....
  • vancil01
    Options

No...no you aren't...trust me, LOL!

Well, it is the internet, if there wasn't arguing it might be kind of boring on here hahaha
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Leave the spelling debates out of this. There's a whole thread of pissed off Irish people you can go debate on.

OT: No plans this year. I don't go to my 4-year school anymore so I'm stuck at home. Maybe I'll go hang out with my underage brother and his friends lol.
  • rosunny779
    rosunny779 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am also going to a Kegs 'n eggs breakfast Saturday. I plan to have my egg whites, a little bit of sausage & home fries (not to pig out), but I will not be tracking that day. I'd be kidding myself if I thought I could do it. One day will not kill us -- just get right back
    on track on Sunday. Also, I am walking to the taproom where they are having the Kegs 'n eggs - 20 minute walk each way so that will help too. ;~) Enjoy & Happy St. Patrick's Day!
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Ah, of all the times. It's St Patrick's Day and I'll be celebrating my Grandfather's 90th birthday. I love the man something fierce, but I can tell there will no Irish merry makin' over there. Though, perhaps if it gets too quiet, my Irish husband and my sons and I can make like St Patrick and "drive the snakes out". lol

as for the spelling, I had actually had no idea the proper spelling as St Paddy for Paedrag (no, I can't spell that either). Great to learn something new, thanks for sharing!
  • LauraMacNCheese
    Options
    kony-video-drunk-party-st-patricks-day-ecards-someecards.png
  • vancil01
    Options
    I am also going to a Kegs 'n eggs breakfast Saturday. I plan to have my egg whites, a little bit of sausage & home fries (not to pig out), but I will not be tracking that day. I'd be kidding myself if I thought I could do it. One day will not kill us -- just get right back
    on track on Sunday. Also, I am walking to the taproom where they are having the Kegs 'n eggs - 20 minute walk each way so that will help too. ;~) Enjoy & Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Nice, I wish I could walk to the bar, but I am going with some friends to a bar an hour away from where I live in my hometown, first ever Kegs n' Eggs type event for me so I am very excited! We will be doing some walking around downtown though after (if) we leave that first bar....so I guess I will get some exercise lol.