What CARDIO has helped you lose fat? Anyone?

Options
what cardio has helped you lose body fat? please be specific.. i would love to hear some responses. running obviously isn't for me, i gain alot of muscle. body fat losss is my goal.

Replies

• EthanJeremiahsMama
    EthanJeremiahsMama Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Eating healthy / at a deficit, plus getting my *kitten* to the gym for a workout 4-5x a week has helped me lose body fat. As for cardio, I love doing HIIT on the treadmill or elliptical. Also love weight lifting.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    What CARDIO has helped you lose muscle? Anyone?

Fixed-
  • moonsforeyes
    Options
    I am not really sure what you are asking? It is impossible for me to gain any sort of muscle on a deficit. I know that I gotten stronger and better at using cardio equipment after using it for so long.. maybe you should just switch it up. Run, elliptical, stationary bike, etc.
  • ff1diver
    ff1diver Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    rowing 30-40 minutes every other day. Heavy strength training. Swimming for an hour on off days of rowing.
  • sabinecbauer
    sabinecbauer Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Running. It won't make you bulk--as a woman you'd really have to be into heavy lifting to bulk up. Running finally made me lose a ton of inches around the hips and, even trickier, on the inner thighs.
  • Melysa1988
    Melysa1988 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Kickboxing!
  • HoosierMomma1
    HoosierMomma1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I do 30-60 min of interval elliptical and I've lost 10% body fat in 10 weeks. I've mainly gained muscle in thighs and my butt looks great, lol. I also do 50 kettlebell swings with a 25 pound kb at least 3 times a week and general toning with hand weights
  • HoosierMomma1
    HoosierMomma1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I meant 30-60 min of elliptical at least 3-5 days a week (interval training)
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    SPINNING! Lost 30lbs doing it.
  • 987Runner
    987Runner Posts: 209
    Options
    Running (20+ miles a week) and one boot camp class a week. I have nearly lost all of my muffin top and I too, lost fat on my inner thighs. I also eat at a deficit. Eat mostly non-processed foods, no fast foods. Sorry, you only asked about cardio! But there you go!
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Dancing!
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Dancing, running, walking, swimming, yoga, circuit training. You name it, it all works for me!
  • lisaisso
    lisaisso Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    SPINNING! Lost 30lbs doing it.

yup- i'm addicted to spinning!
    and you will NOT get bulky lifting heavy, so do it.
  • ampa916
    ampa916 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I generally walk 30 mins then 10 mins of zumba (working up my stamina on that I always feel like I am about to pass out lol)

I have in one week lost 1 inch on my chest, waist, and hips (3 inches total) So this seems to be working for fat loss for me.
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    ELLIPTICAL!!!!!
  • EuroDriver12
    EuroDriver12 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    cardio - walking on a incline of 7-12 at speed of 3.9mph to 4.9mph keeping my heart rate 130-140

diet- if im cutting for fun then just a calorie deficit...
    - if i have a deadline to cut e.g. 3 months... i do carb cycling to get to 5% or less...
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I love running and the Elliptical... if those aren't for you, I have a friend who lost a TON of weight doing tae bo... not sure which one, but one of the at home videos
  • Cindygutie
    Cindygutie Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Try Zumba! I take it at a class with an instructor and I also have the Wii game for it. Its a big time calorie burner and its fun.
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    cardio - walking on a incline of 7-12 at speed of 3.9mph to 4.9mph keeping my heart rate 130-140

diet- if im cutting for fun then just a calorie deficit...
    - if i have a deadline to cut e.g. 3 months... i do carb cycling to get to 5% or less...

What's carb cycling?
  • frugalmomsrock
    frugalmomsrock Posts: 1,123
    Options
    what cardio has helped you lose body fat? please be specific.. i would love to hear some responses. running obviously isn't for me, i gain alot of muscle. body fat losss is my goal.
    Gaining muscle will ultimately help you with fat loss. That's why lifting is a magical remedy...

That being said--I do elliptical, spin, walking, and as much strength training as I can fit in...