10 year reunion!

Options
My 10 year high school reunion is in 4.5 months and i reeeaaaalllly need to get serious about losing some weight before then...i weigh, oh, 50 lb more than i did when i graduated. i don't want to get back down to my high school weight (maybe eventually), but i'd at least like to lose 25 lb or so by then.

i've had a few other significant events in the last few years (vacations, getting married, honeymoon) that i thought would be enough motivation for me to lose weight, but alas, the scale has kept creeping and creeping for the past 4 years. i think it is because i've never really been accountable to anyone regarding my dedication to getting healthy, so i'm looking for that here. my husband also wants to lose, but we completely enable each other, so we haven't had too much luck since we started living together. i think if i found some pals to be accountable to here, i could take motivation home to the hubby too.

anyone willing to keep me in check and i'll do the same for you?

lisa

Replies

• lisapisa81
    lisapisa81 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    My 10 year high school reunion is in 4.5 months and i reeeaaaalllly need to get serious about losing some weight before then...i weigh, oh, 50 lb more than i did when i graduated. i don't want to get back down to my high school weight (maybe eventually), but i'd at least like to lose 25 lb or so by then.

i've had a few other significant events in the last few years (vacations, getting married, honeymoon) that i thought would be enough motivation for me to lose weight, but alas, the scale has kept creeping and creeping for the past 4 years. i think it is because i've never really been accountable to anyone regarding my dedication to getting healthy, so i'm looking for that here. my husband also wants to lose, but we completely enable each other, so we haven't had too much luck since we started living together. i think if i found some pals to be accountable to here, i could take motivation home to the hubby too.

anyone willing to keep me in check and i'll do the same for you?

lisa
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    you can definitely do it if you stay focused on your goals and fight for what you want.You can do this !! Good Luck:flowerforyou:
  • alisha123
    alisha123 Posts: 71
    Options
    You know what, I think I'm in.....I think I'm just like you. I recently got married and tried to lose weight for the wedding last October and I didn't and since the wedding I gained even more. I keep saying I need to make logging here part of my routine but I haven't. I'm ready to start being accountable and this will help. How do you want to keep each other in check? We can report to each other weekly, every other day....This is a good idea, thanks!
  • hartkid13
    hartkid13 Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I've got my 10 year coming up and I wanna be 25-30 down from where I am today.

I've already lost some, but I still have a good ways to go.
  • lisapisa81
    Options
    wow you guys are awesome! i think for starters we should make sure we check in once a week. say hi, report progress, whatever. how do you guys feel about messaging individually? i'm ok with it, so feel free to message me...sometimes it seems like these boards can get a little out of hand and off topic.

alisha123, it does sound like we are in the same boat...my wedding was in september and i've gained about 10 more since then (!). and i've also been an irregular logger...and even when i'm somewhat consistent i tend to log during the day but by dinner its a free for all. so i guess my first step will be recording EVERYTHING i eat for a straight week, even on the weekend. i'll consider that a small goal, even if i don't lose weight.

hartkid13, when is your reunion?
  • lisapisa81
    Options
    wow congrats on your progress so far!
  • hartkid13
    Options
    It is in the fall, but I'm not sure of the date. I think in October.
  • lisapisa81
    Options
    I'm in. I've got my 10 year coming up and I wanna be 25-30 down from where I am today.

wow congrats on your progress so far! (for some reason the quote button didn't work the first time)
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options

wow congrats on your progress so far! (for some reason the quote button didn't work the first time)
    Just a suggestion but why not try logging all your food for the day first thing in the morning or the night before.I do this and I find it way easier to keep track of what I am eating because all I have to do is look on here and say ok this is breakfast or this is lunch and so forth.This keeps me on track and also keeps me from eating things I shouldn't throughout the day because the way I look at it is that if it isn't in my food log for the day I am not allowed to have it unless it is within my calories.SO since I have started to do this I haven't gone over my cal intake for 4 months now.Just a suggestion!!!:flowerforyou:
  • alisha123
    Options
    For my first week, I will also be sure to log everything! I also usually log during the day at work but then at home during nights and weekends I always slack. :ohwell: And I really like that idea of logging what I eat ahead of time, I think that'll help! We can message individually, I'm fine with that.
  • lisapisa81
    Options
    alright, time to put in my dinner. i had a veggie burrito and only ate half, but it was huge so i think i'm still over my calories for the day...it is nearly impossible to stay under my limit if i don't get a gym session in!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Hey it's the 10 Year Reunion Club!!

Mine is supposedly in June but we haven't heard a word. (Stupid slacker popular kids made the worst class student body, and still do!! :laugh: ) Maybe it will end up being in September or October, which would be great. I have 20+lbs to work on losing!

BTW, welcome to MFP LisaPisa.

And, of course, hi Hartkid :smooched:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    alright, time to put in my dinner. i had a veggie burrito and only ate half, but it was huge so i think i'm still over my calories for the day...it is nearly impossible to stay under my limit if i don't get a gym session in!

Girl -- AGREED.
    I work out so I can consume, no lie!!
  • hartkid13
    Options

Mine is supposedly in June but we haven't heard a word. (Stupid slacker popular kids made the worst class student body, and still do!! :laugh: ) Maybe it will end up being in September or October, which would be great. I have 20+lbs to work on losing!

Hey, Cutie. Long time no see.
  • hartkid13
    Options
    I was thinking updates each Monday. Does that sound doable? We could send them by PM if everyone is more comfortable with that.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    Oh Mondays! *groans*
    I hate being held accountable on Mondays. I never eat right over the weekends!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Mondays work for me. I don't care if we post on a thread or through PMs. I am flexible. :glasses:
  • lisapisa81
    Options

thanks for the welcome lauryn1981 :wink: have you googled to see if maybe there's a website set up somewhere for your reunion? maybe the slacker kids just didn't bother to try to contact kids they didn't already have info for...

i've been here since january, but i've been so sporadic that i'm not on the boards much. ok time to put up an actual picture of myself (instead of my adorable puppy lucy) so i can track my progress. this time i'm serious!
  • alisha123
    Options
    Mondays are prob the best, that way over the weekend that's what I'll think about when I want to eat! PM is fine with me too. Lisa, your puppy is soooo cute....I know I should put a recent picture up too....this one is at least 3 years old
  • lisapisa81
    Options
    alright got my pic up. i can check in mondays. although even if i eat right i seem to weigh more on mondays than later in the week. does anybody know how to change the size of the pictures, or are we constrained to a little square? i couldn't find any pictures of just me (that were recent) so i had to crop them down to the square size, which only shows my face. i guess i'll have to take some just of me as i progress to post on here :blushing:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    thanks for the welcome lauryn1981 :wink: have you googled to see if maybe there's a website set up somewhere for your reunion? maybe the slacker kids just didn't bother to try to contact kids they didn't already have info for...

i've been here since january, but i've been so sporadic that i'm not on the boards much. ok time to put up an actual picture of myself (instead of my adorable puppy lucy) so i can track my progress. this time i'm serious!

No websites. I've joined the Facebook group they created. Many of us keep posting, asking for details. Thank goodness for networking sites like FB, keeping me in the loop with kids I probably don't really care that much about!! :laugh: