New use for Cool Whip

Options

Replies

• crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Mix with some sugar free pudding mix...yummy......so low cal and rich and creamy...........
  • Bunnie_Rex
    Bunnie_Rex Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    If you have specific name brands that you can recommend that are healthier alternatives to Cool Whip, that would be helpful.

I use a dollop in my protein shake. Love it!
  • PattiRoz
    PattiRoz Posts: 5
    Options
    MOST. BORING. THREAD. EVER.

It has such great potential though....
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I'm scared of the ingredients in the product as well.
    CoolWhip ingredients: water, corn syrup and high fructose corn syrup, hydrogenated coconut and palm kernel oil, sodium caseinate, vanilla extract, xanthan and guargums, polysorbate 60 and betacarotene.

No thank you.

I would rather process some greek yogurt and frozen fruit together if I have a craving for something sweet and creamy.
    A few more calories, sure, but a lot healthier for you.
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of cool whip and vanilla wafers, Just the right size when you have a sweet tooth. May have to try it this weekend.
  • PattiRoz
    PattiRoz Posts: 5
    Options
    a provocative title deserves a few scintillating responses...... we may be watching our calories, but we can still enjoy life!
  • Bunnie_Rex
    Bunnie_Rex Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Amen! Cant be that wrong to come up with creative low calorie treats. At least we're trying and not heading to the doughnut shop.
  • theleftie
    theleftie Posts: 366
    Options
    I would love to make sweet slow tender love to a tub of cool whip - but I would keep hitting bottom. They need to make those tubs deeper.
  • logicandlove
    logicandlove Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    CoolWhip ingredients: water, corn syrup and high fructose corn syrup, hydrogenated coconut and palm kernel oil, sodium caseinate, vanilla extract, xanthan and guargums, polysorbate 60 and betacarotene.

No thank you.

I would rather process some greek yogurt and frozen fruit together if I have a craving for something sweet and creamy.
    A few more calories, sure, but a lot healthier for you.

^ This. Cool whip may have less calories, but they're empty and they don't leave you satisfied. Greek/natural yogurt has protein and is healthy and filling, plus the sugar I'd get from fruit is natural and unprocessed. Choose quality calories, and you'll end up eating less but feeling so much healthier.
  • caroldot
    caroldot Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Take any flavor sugar free instant pudding mix (I like vanilla or chocolate). Mix it with HALF the amount of milk the box calls for. Stir until dense then fold a tub of cool whip into it. Makes a great topping for cakes or you can put in middle of graham crackers and freeze!
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I would love to make sweet slow tender love to a tub of cool whip - but I would keep hitting bottom. They need to make those tubs deeper.

Try the 8 ounce rather than the single serving size....
  • prov31jd
    prov31jd Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Cool Whip is just nasty -- scary ingredients.

Try making homemade pudding or custard and freezing it in ice cube trays. It has only a few more calories than cool whip, and is much more nutritious!
  • theleftie
    theleftie Posts: 366
    Options

Try the 8 ounce rather than the single serving size....

Excellent point. you're fired.
  • FORKDOWN
    FORKDOWN Posts: 1,754
    Options

Bored with apple pie are we?

:huh:
  • SueD66
    SueD66 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I mixed an eight ounce tub of low fat cool whip with a box of sugar free chocolat pudding and used it for frosting a cake. Hubby loved it and never knew it was "my kind of frosting"
  • patty1138
    patty1138 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    well this is disappointing... this is NOT they way i expected this thread to go... :)

Whew! I thought i was the only one who opened this wondering where it was gonna go...LOL
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    well this is disappointing... this is NOT they way i expected this thread to go... :)

I'm glad it wasn't just mind that went straight to the gutter!

Also, I hate cool whip.
    It's disgusting, leaves a nasty film in your mouth.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options

Start shopping at BJs?
  • Elenazuniga
    Options
    Omg.. the thoughts I'm having are amazing.. mmmmmm.. now I need cool whip..