Tanning Lotion Help!

Options
2»

Replies

• Jade1964
    Jade1964 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    P.S. I wrote the above suggestion as someone who is TEN years older than you. The folks I know that are the same age and WENT TANNING all have wrinkles. Either sun tanning or tanning beds. EVERY SINGLE ONE HAS WRINKLES. Not me! If I did not wear sunscreen daily I would be so wrinkled.

Trust me.

In 10 years you'll be kicking yourself.

I had to reply to this. I am 47 years old. I am originally from Melbourne, Florida born and raised. Lived at the beach for as long as I can remember. Was always dark, dark brown from being at the beach all the time. The night of my graduation when I was in all white, all you can see in pictures is my teeth because of how dark I was. I moved to Nebraska when I was 25 and there is actually a winter and started fake baking and have tanned my whole entire life. I do not have any wrinkles period at all. I used Noxema forever to wash my face and never even moisturized my face except for tanning lotions. Everyone always guesses my age around 30-35. Never wore sunscreen, never will! I started worrying about wrinkles probably when I hit 40 but figured the damage was already done so I still continue to tan and tan my face. As I said earlier, I don't have wrinkles. Not sure why, but according to all the naysayers...I should be one big huge wrinkle and I am not!
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    IMO; when it comes to tingle factor: JUST SAY NO!!!! It does not get you any more tan than any other lotion, it just brings the blood to the surface, making you red and blotchy.

I prefer to spray tan or use self tanner; it has immediate results and is a lot less harmful to your skin. If you're dead set on the tanning bed (I go occasionally, we're going to Jamaica in 3 months), I love the J-Woww 50x bronzer lotion. It's amazing!
  • 11Jayme11
    11Jayme11 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    P.S. I wrote the above suggestion as someone who is TEN years older than you. The folks I know that are the same age and WENT TANNING all have wrinkles. Either sun tanning or tanning beds. EVERY SINGLE ONE HAS WRINKLES. Not me! If I did not wear sunscreen daily I would be so wrinkled.

Trust me.

I had to reply to this. I am 47 years old. I am originally from Melbourne, Florida born and raised. Lived at the beach for as long as I can remember. Was always dark, dark brown from being at the beach all the time. The night of my graduation when I was in all white, all you can see in pictures is my teeth because of how dark I was. I moved to Nebraska when I was 25 and there is actually a winter and started fake baking and have tanned my whole entire life. I do not have any wrinkles period at all. I used Noxema forever to wash my face and never even moisturized my face except for tanning lotions. Everyone always guesses my age around 30-35. Never wore sunscreen, never will! I started worrying about wrinkles probably when I hit 40 but figured the damage was already done so I still continue to tan and tan my face. As I said earlier, I don't have wrinkles. Not sure why, but according to all the naysayers...I should be one big huge wrinkle and I am not!

You do look great! And I agree.. My mom is 53, tanned her whole life, my Dad is 55 and very dark skin naturally like myself.. both wrinkle free... I believe every single person is different.
  • whtlatina1214
    whtlatina1214 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    i got one from wally world aka walmart it was $12 it is great it has a heart on it and it has a bronzer and silicone in it so it keeps your skin firm and i am new to tanning im puerto rican but i am very white since my mom is white so i dont burn it looks great since im in florida everyone thinks it is natural but secret is i dont have time to tan so i go tanning ... sorry i dont know that name but once i find it i will post you still looking ?
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options

Trust me.

You do look great! And I agree.. My mom is 53, tanned her whole life, my Dad is 55 and very dark skin naturally like myself.. both wrinkle free... I believe every single person is different.

But, since there's no way to tell whether or not you'll be one who gets wrinkles, why risk the potential aging when you don't have to? Some sun is good, we all need the vitamin D. But, it's a well known fact that UV rays are harmful, so why not limit the risk? I worked for surgeons a few years back and had a 22 year old girl come in with skin cancer. She was so young and so pretty, it was really sad and very scary to have her as a patient. Every time my husband gets on my case because he wants me to get a tan I think of her and I don't tan. I wear sunscreen, my kids wear sunscreen. I'd like for my husband to wear it. I'm half Mexican, so I tan easily. But my grandma on my white side of the family had some melanomas removed when I was a kid. There is no way I am risking skin cancer just so I can have dark skin.
  • Wendy_F
    Wendy_F Posts: 26
    Options
    I recently heard that the Bare Escentuals "Faux Tan" is fabulous. It is a little pricey like 25, but it lasts about a week between applications, it is natural color, easy to apply, and there doesn't seem to be a problem with streaking.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options

But, since there's no way to tell whether or not you'll be one who gets wrinkles, why risk the potential aging when you don't have to? Some sun is good, we all need the vitamin D. But, it's a well known fact that UV rays are harmful, so why not limit the risk? I worked for surgeons a few years back and had a 22 year old girl come in with skin cancer. She was so young and so pretty, it was really sad and very scary to have her as a patient. Every time my husband gets on my case because he wants me to get a tan I think of her and I don't tan. I wear sunscreen, my kids wear sunscreen. I'd like for my husband to wear it. I'm half Mexican, so I tan easily. But my grandma on my white side of the family had some melanomas removed when I was a kid. There is no way I am risking skin cancer just so I can have dark skin.

THIS.

After seeing my Mom fight cancer for 18 months I don't want to put myself at risk (or increased risk) for any type of cancer since it runs in my family like CRAZY.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I recently heard that the Bare Escentuals "Faux Tan" is fabulous. It is a little pricey like 25, but it lasts about a week between applications, it is natural color, easy to apply, and there doesn't seem to be a problem with streaking.

Good to know, thanks!