Venting: Why are people so rude? Body compostion and weight

Options
13»

Replies

• billtonkin
    billtonkin Posts: 109
    Options
    I can tell where you carry all that weight by looking at your pics. It's in all that lean *kitten* muscle. Who cares what that person said, you're looking real good.
  • Ebwash89
    Ebwash89 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Okay. I've come across some ignorant people in my day but I think this one takes the cake! So I'm typing on a blog about random weight loss topics and I put that you'd be surprised how much a person actually weighs compared to what they look like and I put that I'm 5'2 145 pounds and sometimes wears a size 4. Why did this poster reply to me saying "No offense but where is you weight at? I’m 5’1 116 lbs I wear a size 5 and at my biggest I was 130lbs for a few months & a size 5 was tight and I could fit a size 7. So how are you 5’2, 145lbs & wear a size 4??? What desiger clothes do you wear or how tight are your clothes??". As I give examples of people like that weigh more than they look,etc. I get to the point where this person is just plain rude and tells me I'm a flat out liar. Mind you this person has never ever seen what I look like. I offered to show them a picture and they didnt except. Have you ever came across someone like this. I think everyone knows and its common sense that weight shows differently on each person.

Thanks. People are angry and looney these day lol

That is very rude. Don't ever offer people like that proof that what you have said is true or correct, in this case the offer of the picture because people like that have already made up their minds to believe what they want to believe and have no intention to accept another side that is not their own. That person is the one with the issue not you. How would she know what your muscle mass was which is why you can wear smaller sizes at your weight. Don't give what that rude person said another thought.
  • Ebwash89
    Options
    I can tell where you carry all that weight by looking at your pics. It's in all that lean *kitten* muscle. Who cares what that person said, you're looking real good.

Hahaha.... Yeah I do carry my weight on the bottom half :tongue: . I have questioned where the weight is myself but it is what it is. All people are not the same
  • Ebwash89
    Options
    This makes me crazy! When I was younger, I was 5'7" weighed 125, and was a size 11 (in juniors... for perspective I'm now 190 and a 15 in juniors)

It's just amazing. When I was at my pre-pregnancy weight, my hipbones were jutting out and I was a size 11! I wasn't fat lol

Exactly! It drove me crazy how close minded she was. *sigh*
  • Ebwash89
    Options
    Some people are ignorant when it comes to different body types. They are just jealous that they didn't look that good at your weight. :)

• Laceybaby1967
    Laceybaby1967 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I think you should've just laughed and said, "Jealousy is one ugly trait - I'd be more worried about that than your pant size" :-)

^^^^This! :smile:
  • watermanswife
    watermanswife Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I agree you can weigh 145 and be a size 4. Muscle is heavy. I have always had this problem and I weigh heavier.
  • Ebwash89
    Options
    I UNDERSTAND. I'm 5'3" 136 and I wear a size 0. People think I weigh 110 or under because I have so much muscle it makes me tiny.

Or they see my weight and think I'm larger and don't take body fat percentage or body measurements into consideration. grrr

Yes! Very annoying. :angry:
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Just ignore them- it's all to do with where you carry your weight!

I am 119lb down from 144lb and I have only really lost about a clothes size and a half. I thought it would be far more but unfortunately I still carry around a lot of body fat. I was a Size 10 (US 6) when I was 7lb heavier than I am now. The next size down fits in some shops but not others. It's ridiculous getting hung up on clothes size it's not about what it looks like on the hanger it's how it looks on you!
  • Ebwash89
    Options
    I think you should've just laughed and said, "Jealousy is one ugly trait - I'd be more worried about that than your pant size" :-)

^^^^This! :smile:

:laugh:
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9, weigh 150-155 depending on the day and wear a size 4/6.. Last time I weighed this, 8's were too tight and 10's fit just right.
    Goes to show what can happen when you have more muscle than fat!

As far as that poster, I think she's just very jealous and very vein... and wishes she could look like you!

Liar! Just Kidding LOL

I am 5'8" and weigh about the same, 150-155 and wear a size 10, some 12's :angry: and obviously it's because I have ALOT more fat

Ebwash89....you look awesome and should not let her negativity bother you :flowerforyou: