What the Heck is going on???

Options
I am feeling so discouraged right now.
I am only on week 3 and have already stalled! I even had some gains this week, I'm so upset :(

What is happening?

First week I dropped 9.25lb, I figure most of that is water weight.
Week 2 I dropped 4.25lb I have a lot to loose so I was pretty happy with that.
This week I have nearly put on a lb!

Nothing really changed from the other weeks other than I have had a pretty nasty cold that has been kicking my butt and I haven't been very hungry, I have had to force feed myself.

this is my chart from this week, looking at it makes me so sad :(
week3chart.jpg

here are the comparisons from the end of the first and second weeks
g3116.png

I just don't know what I'm doing wrong.
With so much to loose stalling now doesn't give me much hope :(

Replies

• Jd1360
    Jd1360 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I would try changing it up! Maybe workout some more or less. Or even maybe go under your calories goal a little bit. Bodies hit plateaus often, I've certainly had them after three weeks and am just coming back after a MONTH of maintaining. Also, don't get too upset over little gains. I've come to learn that if I get hyper obsessive on my weight loss, or lack thereof, I burn out on trying to lose faster.

Keep your chin up! Bodies are stubborn things and it's willpower that has to whip them into shape!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,081 Member
    Options
    You lost 13+ pounds in three weeks. Celebrate your wins!! No matter how any individual week goes, you can't give up.

You only fail if you quit. You will have many more weeks like this. Just keep doing the right things, it's about consistency. Yours. Not the scale's.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    I always stall at the third week. I don't know why that is, I guess my body suddenly realizes it isn't getting loaded down with food any more and takes a break from losing. It generally starts back up again in week 4-5.

You've lost a lot in the first two weeks, so a minor gain or stopped weight loss for a week or two is normal.

Also, the cold probably has a lot to do with it. Being sick tends to make people gain/stall.

Just keep doing what you're doing.
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    thats a lot of weight to lose so quickly. be happy. i bet a big portion of that weight was water weight. now you should be losing a couple pounds a week. if you want to speed it up cut grains out of your diet and eat lots of lean meat and veggies. you can lose weight quickly doing this. also limit your sugar intake and make sure to take vitamins.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Give yourself some time.
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    That's a huge loss in such a short time.

I had no weight loss on week 3 either. But I kept going and exercised a little more and was back to normal on week 4.
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Did you take your measurements to? You look more toned in the newer pic..I Lost alot of weight in the first month..now not so much weight but i'm losing alot of inches.
  • Larry0445
    Larry0445 Posts: 232
    Options
    Your food diary doesn't show any credits for exercises. Do you do any type of exercise for calorie burn?? Exercise is an important key to losing weight. :)
  • jennifeffer
    jennifeffer Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    There will be weeks that you don't lose and may even be up a little bit. Don't get discouraged. As long as you are eating right and exercising you are on the right track. Remember, women will go up and down depending on their hormones as well. I can go up as much as five pounds with PMS. Keep going!! Don't give up!! I know how frustrating it can be, believe me:)
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Could be hormones. Hang in there.
  • tmoyer1209
    tmoyer1209 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Could it be that TOM causing water retainage?
  • esteelewis
    esteelewis Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    that is fairly common. Week one and maybe week two you generally lose quite a bit. But then you will stall when while it gets used to the new program. I have heard some dietitians recommend you not even weigh the first 4-6 weeks because it could take that long for your body to adjust and then start losing again. So don't be discouraged. Keep working at it. At least give it 2 months. If you haven't started losing again within a few weeks then start getting concerned.

I don't know anyone who consistently loses every single week. weight loss has a lot of ups and downs. One week you think you do great and gain. Some weeks you do bad and lose. It makes no sense. You could be stressed, retaining water, not getting enough sleep or food, or a whole gamut of other reasons. There is little rhyme or reasons to weight fluctuations. I have gone up and down up to 5 or 6 lbs overnight. Clearly I didn't eat 20,000 calories. The scale just is off at times.
  • ellie0213
    ellie0213 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    It doesn't look like you've gained. This is just normal weight fluctuation. If you weren't weighing every day you wouldn't be aware of it. I agree with cmriverside; 13 pounds in 3 weeks in great. Hang in there and don't expect every week to be the same. Congrats.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Um. You lost a crap-ton of weight. What are you talking about?
  • kansasvet
    Options
    If your not hungry do not force feed your self. your body is saying you do not need to eat. Health lose is about 2 pounds a week.
  • BlessedShauna777
    BlessedShauna777 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    your not eating enough
  • pigpentw
    pigpentw Posts: 13
    Options
    Hang in there turn up your metabolism break your food's into smaller meals eating every two - three hours. Read the labels on food avoid salt and hidden sugars, drink water like a fish and remember to move-smile well you do it.
    Down is down keep going!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is never linear. There will be weeks you lose, weeks you stay the same, weeks you gain.

Heck, even on Biggest Loser, when it's their only job to eat very little and exercise like mad, they sometimes have weeks they go up. If under completely controlled conditions, their weight fluctuations, so will yours.
  • livelaughlove2012
    Options
    Hi there! Seems like I am struggling too. I am pretty much still just getting started. I lost 5 lbs. the mfirst week I started. I completely fell off the wagon. I have a weeding to go to in August and I am soooo discouraged. So, after a few weeks, I decided to jump back on the wagon. The only thing that got me started again is me thinking about getting into a pretty skinny dress this summer. So, hang in there. You are still doing great, you haven't given up. Try power walking with some music. I congratulate you on your progress so far!!! You can do it!!!!
  • dancingqueen2013
    dancingqueen2013 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    That is a lot of weight to loose in 3 weeks, you should be well happy with that, and give yourself another couple of weeks before you expect to loose much more; most of us have to be happy with a lot less. Your body needs time to adjust so just keep going and things will start to even out. You really notice the difference already, well done. I'm sure most people will tell you not to obsess about the scales, only weigh once a week at most.