What the Heck is going on???

Options

Replies

• bstoetzer
    bstoetzer Posts: 96
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss so far. Losing slowly is better. I took a look at your diary for March and a couple of suggestions would be to increase your protein and try to keep your sugar below 50g if possible. If the majority of it is from fresh fruits, then you could go over a little. Also try to keep your sodium below 2300g as that could cause you to retain water. I'm not an expert, but these were suggestions I got from my nutritionist. Good luck!!
  • cathryn42dogs
    Options
    bump
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is never linear. There will be weeks you lose, weeks you stay the same, weeks you gain.

Heck, even on Biggest Loser, when it's their only job to eat very little and exercise like mad, they sometimes have weeks they go up. If under completely controlled conditions, their weight fluctuations, so will yours.

THIS THIS THIS! You're just starting out, you're doing amazing, DO NOT give up on yourself so easily! I've been in a funk for 3 months, but there is no way in hell that I've come this far just to give up. Those pictures show very clearly that you are losing inches, and that's way more important than Kilos. Give it some time, and forget the scale for a while, go by measurements and pictures for motivation, NOT the scale.. Trust me, it works. And DO NOT GIVE UP!
  • nerdieprofessor
    nerdieprofessor Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Progress takes time. Not EVERY week will be a measurable weight loss. You may lose inches but not pounds and sometimes you'll gain temporarily. Just keep at it.
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    IMO, you aren't eating enough.
  • rainbowcandy2004
    Options
    I can tell by your pictures that you look different in both. You could be just losing some inches and not weight. Don't sweat it. I have stalled out a lot over the past year. It is just getting back on the horse and having the support of those around you. I have some great friends on here to keep me motivated and support me when I am down. Keep taking pictures of yourself. You are doing great.
  • Silverstar46
    Silverstar46 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Also, I've heard that when we are sick, sometimes our bodies hold onto water weight so really that could be what it is. You probably have lost several pounds and once your cold is through, the scale will reflect that.

Even if it doesn't you have lost an AMAZING amount of weight in three weeks and you should be SO PROUD of yourself.

Keep up that hard work!
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it. It's probably water weight. You aren't feeling well, right? As long as you've stayed close to calories, take care of yourself for another week and see what you weigh next week.
  • mingram09
    mingram09 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would say you are doing amazing... There is a noticable difference in the photos.. Keep at it and remeber the
    "average" weight loss normally is only a pound or two a week...
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    You've lost a lot. You can't expect to lose 9lbs every week. There will be ups and downs. Look for steady loss over time. Don't freak out yet.
  • KilikiMom
    KilikiMom Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    let me say this right now....you can SEE THE DIFFERENCE!!! just keep going!!!!!
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Congrats - keep going on - and just make sure you eat enough!!

The scale will play games with you right through this journey - they quicker you realise that you should not let it affect you too badly the easier it is ......

Here is a blog I wrote a while back - the key thing from this example was that if my "weigh-in" day was on one of the upward swings I would have been devestated (not saying weigh daily), but please understand that there will be weeks where you actually have a small(or big increase), but as long as you are consistenly good they all balance out over a period of time....

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Elleinnz/view/weighing-daily-don-t-believe-the-scale-135325

Looking at your stats and start weight I would also say you are not eating enough - when I was where you are now my calories were 1500 per day - and I was losing one kg a week......so I would seriously suggest upping your calories - make this something you can sustain, and that your body does not feel as if you are not feeding it enough....
  • Werglum
    Werglum Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Try to keep note of your own pattern over time (it will take time to work it out), I know my own pattern goes big loss, small loss/gain, medium loss, medium loss then it begins again! So I now know not to freak out if I have a small gain one week as it is part of the way my body loses weight. Also maybe try to weigh in once a week so it doesn't get you down (I don't practice what I preach :blushing: ) or at least only pay attention to your weight once a week - I log my weight on a Monday, but weigh in every day, I have also noticed a pattern with my weight during the week, it fluctuates a lot - but I don't let it get me down, I just try to work out if there is a pattern to it.
    I know that it is really tough to do, but just keep on going!! You will get there eventually - plus you have done amazingly well already!!
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    maybe try adding some exercise?
  • lucycaz
    lucycaz Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    You are doing relly well!!!!

I would agree with alot of the other posters espically TOM issues I had a really obvious pattern to my loss over the past 10 months including not losing the week of my TOM and the mid week of my cycle then dropping the other 2 weeks.

I would also say look at you micro nutrient balance 1200 - 1300 cals is fine I did it for 10 months and lost 101 lbs (I have just upped it to 1400 - 1500 becouse I am doing some really intense training for an event) Try increasing your Protein and reducing your carbs, also less processed food as Sodium can make a real difference on the scales

Hope this helps and feel free to add me for support if you like :smile:

Lucy
  • suzieqj
    suzieqj Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. You can already see a change in your pictures, so you are definitely losing inches.
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Hey girl. It has taken me more than 3 months to lose 14 lbs. Be happy with your loss. It is great!!
  • AReasor
    AReasor Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    The best thing I did was keep measurements on MFP. My weight stayed the same for 3 WEEKS! But I was losing inches, so that kept me sane.
  • paisley2288
    paisley2288 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    13+ pounds in 2 weeks? #winning!
  • lawmama_
    lawmama_ Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    idk if you ask me, you look like you're doing great! maybe you're just putting on muscle where you never had muscle before, and that's why it looks like your'e not "losing" anything. your shape has COMPLETELY changed! you should be congratulating yourself. maybe go back into the MFP calculator and have it recalculate what your BMR and intake should be. i looked at your diary and it honestly looks like you're not eating enough. i weigh LESS than you and i eat WAY more than you do. i really think that if you eat MORE and exercise MORE, you will continue to lose. there is such thing as under-eating, and that will slow your metabolism down and you won't lose weight.

and like the other replies noted, maybe you have to change it up a little bit, maybe do a different exercise that you've never done before to kind of jump start your metabolism again. don't give up, in these few weeks it looks like you have made a lot of progress