Powerade Zero

Options
Just wondering if Powerade Zero counts toward water consumption?

The reason I asked is that last year when I became exhausted/ dehydrated and ended up in the urgent care center, among the things I was prescribed to do by the Dr (who also was a physician for the Olympic Team) was to mix powerade zero half and half with water to build back up my hydration level. I enjoyed it so much I continue doing it but just wondered if I should track it as water consumption or not?

What are your thoughts?

Replies

• 04warrior
    04warrior Posts: 16
    Options
    Thanks for all the feedback.....cricket, cricket...
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Yes, it does.
  • vsmurrow
    vsmurrow Posts: 145
    Options
    Electrolytes. Essentially they're just salt, but they're essential for water absorption. So... yeah.
  • Cueball55
    Cueball55 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Sure does!
  • NicVino
    NicVino Posts: 19
    Options
    I count anything that is zero calories towards my water consumption =)
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure if water is an ingredient then, well...there ya go.
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I drink Powerade Zero with my workouts. I log it as Powerade Zero, not as water.
    However, I don't expect to drink the most water each day either. I wouldn't worry about the water consumption too much as long as you are drinking some, as well as other healthy drinks. Like milk (whatever type you choose), or juices.
  • akjmart2002
    akjmart2002 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Sure it does. All fluids that you consume have water in them. That's why it's not actually realistic (or necessary) to drink "8 glasses of water per day" - we already get tons of water in the food and drinks that we have all day.
  • 04warrior
    04warrior Posts: 16
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback! Oddly enough, I drink only water when I work out but find it hard to drink plain water working in my office - it needs some flavor so I cut it with Powerade zero to give it a "kick".

Have a Happy Thursday!