Can't find coagulated pigs blood soup on list!

Options

Replies

• Anomalia
    Anomalia Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    cow tongue, chicken hearts.
  • Anomalia
    Anomalia Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Lots of pics on this thread including a goat fetus.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/351460-foods-you-eat-that-others-here-probably-wouldn-t-touch?error_user_id=9285851&error_username=ninerbuff&hl=foods+that+you+eat+that+others

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I actually did just get sick looking at the balut...
  • princeza9
    princeza9 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    In Beijing (how I sometimes miss it)- Baijiu and chicken stomach
    Edinburgh, Scotland- haggis

When vising friends in South Korea, I managed to get away with trying kimchi once.
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Something I tried and couldn't stomach was Fijian Cava.... awful and potent!
  • amy32lynn
    amy32lynn Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    ugh ugh so gross
  • Meeperslove
    Meeperslove Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I have tried haggis, blood pudding, chicken heart, beef tongue, Sea snail, octopus on a stick, horse burgers, mushroom cookies
  • emczech5
    emczech5 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    In the way of weird I've eaten shark, alligator, octopus and tlacenka which is a czech dish I could only describe as meat jello. My husband has eaten capybara.
  • kokaneesailor
    kokaneesailor Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Whole deep fried sparrows, my guest's children used slingshots to down the birds which were sitting on the power lines. I was a UN soldier at the time and this happened in Syria back in 86.

After dinner coffee was passed around and everyone drank from the same cup. His mother had no teeth so it was kinda a bit weird for me. Its very rude to refuse food that is offered to you, so I ate/ drank what was offered to me.
  • AlessisMore
    AlessisMore Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I've had guinea pig (really does taste like chicken) and alpaca (tough but tasty). Oh, and a lot of bugs when I'm biking :P
  • leadoff
    leadoff Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I had Black Pudding ONCE while in Glascow, Scotland.
  • Kendrawinn
    Kendrawinn Posts: 160
    Options
    Not as weird as most of the stuff on here but I've had bear, turtle and raccoon.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Meat (we were told goat, I don't know if that's true...) from a Haitian (street) market, nothing like watching your meat get prepped with Clorox before getting grilled. I've eaten some interesting Thai food, unfortunately, I've developed too many food allergies to be able to risk a lot of new foods in foreign places (mostly because my (non-English) language skills are mostly limited to cursing and pick up lines) :-/
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Not as weird as most of the stuff on here but I've had bear, turtle and raccoon.

I would say bear is pretty weird!
  • peachied
    peachied Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Balut. It didn't make it down and the rest of my stomach's contents came back up.

yikes! i'm filipino and even i don't eat balut. i give you props for trying though!
  • vsmurrow
    vsmurrow Posts: 145
    Options
    I adore all manner of bugs: spiders, crickets, worms, OOH and cockroaches. Intestine of a few different animals: sheep, cow, pig. Normal stuff.

...I'm actually not impressed by my resume. I need to travel!

P.S. Bear isn't weird... That used to be a weekly dish in my family. I had turtle. It was odd. I want to try guinea pig.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Frogs legs in a seedy little hole-in-the-wall greek tavern in Paris' student area. It was pretty dang gross, but the crazy foodie in me wants to try them again somehwere more upscale.
  • OregonNativ3
    Options
    I lived in China for ages, lets see...

Pig Blood (as you mentioned)
    Pig Brains
    Bugs (Various kinds)
    Chicken Feet (aged in spicy pepper oil)
    Duck Neck
    1000 year egg (fermented egg?)
    Stinky Tofu (fermented tofu)
    Fish eyes
    Deer penis
    Cow penis
    Shark penis
    Chicken testicles
    Every internal organ you can imagine
    etc etc
  • ElPumaMex
    ElPumaMex Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I work at a public school in South Korea where eating like a Korean is important and respected (not to mention delicious!). At this point though I think that the Principal and Vice Principal are putting me through a series of food tests to confirm their belief that Americans/foreigners cannot eat all Korean food.

Yesterday I ate coagulated pigs blood soup...they were impressed.....I think the next teachers dinner will be live octopus.

Might have to draw the line there. :happy:

What are some strange foods you have tried?

Coagulated pork blood?

That sounds like the ingredients of the Spanish Morcilla, one of my Favorite spanish dishes !

morcilla_morcon_de_morcilla.jpg

De-li-cious !!

Here is a link:
    http://www.hidalgotorresjabugo.com/morcilla_iberica.php
  • heyghoge
    heyghoge Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    twinkies.
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Coagulated pork blood?
    That sounds like the ingredients of the Spanish Morcilla !

De-li-cious !!

Here is a link:
    http://www.hidalgotorresjabugo.com/morcilla_iberica.php
    '

That actually does look delicious! I have had the Russian style blood sausage and it was spicy and flavorful...it is a bit jelly like in the soup/stew though. Not an ideal texture.