15 days on and no consistent weight loss

Options
2»

Replies

• Peta22
    Peta22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    From reading your initial post and all the responses, I'm confused as to whether you ever mentioned what level of calories your consuming each day? However, I had a similar problem recently where after two weeks of 1200/1300 calories a day and significant and consistent exersize, I'd seen absolutely no change on the scales. I've actually increased my calories to 1500/1600 a day now and in the last 4-5 days, I've finally started to see some downward movement in the numbers on the scale. It's only 500gm but at least it's finally moving! It seems my body was resisting weight loss due to too few calories :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to stay motivated. I know I've had some wacky diet days, but I've incorporated more consistent exercise (strength and cardio). Before I started logging here, I'd already eliminated red meat. I only drink water and green tea -- no soda or juices. I eliminated poultry in February by substituting meatless items (soy burgers, black bean burgers). I do eat seafood. I drink about 80 oz of water daily plus 3 servings of unsweetened green tea. I do have a sweet tooth, but either try to curb it or add exercise to counter the calories.

With all of that, I still cannot manage to lose weight. I lost 10 lbs in 12 days eating a raw food diet. I have not gained that back. But since being on here, I cannot manage to break the plateau and stay below it. I've lost an additional 3 lbs or so, but then it's back within a few days and it's like a yo-yo. I have 45 more lbs to lose. 3 weeks with no real weight loss is frustrating.

Also, I started the Supreme 90 day workout today and it requires more than the 1200 calories MFP set for me and it exceeds the recommended protein. What do I do?

I do a mixture of the 17 day diet workouts (cardio abs or total body) plus 30 minutes of core cross train yoga. Or I will do a combination of cardio and strength training in the gym for about an hour total. I take the stairs at work instead of the elevator. I get up and move around frequently.

What should I change? Or do I just stay the course. I'm thinking about interval fasting to shake things up a bit.
    You SHOULD quit dieting in the extreme. Once you figure out how to actually find a lifestyle that you can live with the rest of your life, then you apply how you can lose weight.
    At this point you're trying anything and everything out of desperation. Diets DON'T work.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • sloanie1
    sloanie1 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    give it another year. you expect too much in little time

AGREED!!! I've been at it 18months.....I'm still not at goal yet! I eat clean and workout 6days a week with a few splurges along the way....think how long it took to go on, and double that...you will get there but patience and consistency are the keys, Rome wasn't built in a day..:o)
  • ruby_red_rose
    ruby_red_rose Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    One thing I have realized is that any change requires longer than 15 days of commitment. Remember, as long as you are eating less than you are burning, you will lose weight. My advice is to track your food intake very carefully over the next couple of days to make sure you are actually eating less than you burn. And once you have made sure of that, be patient.

Some other things that work for me, that you may also want to try:
    - eating 100-140g of protein every day
    - walking 10,000 steps every day
    - cardio (in addition to the steps) 5 times a week for an hour each
    - bull fody weight training using free weights 2 times a week
    - at least 8 glasses of water every day
    - at least 8 hours of sleep every day
    - eating around 1450-1600 calories a day on average (I worked with a dietician to get this number)

Best of luck!