200 situps who's in

Options

Replies

• blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have been doing this for a little over a week now. Yesterday, he asked me "have you been working out without me? It looks like you've been working out." I thought he was referring to my horribly mismatched gym clothes. No, it's just laundry day. Then he said he meant that it looks like I'm loosing weight. :happy: I actually haven't lost any weight, but after a week and a half of this my stomach is already showing a visual improvement. Here's to loosing inches!

That's what I'm talking about, here's to a rock sold core :glasses:
  • blakejohn
    Options
    the summer is coming, anyone want to join in for 200 sit ups

http://www.twohundredsitups.com/

Nope.

Absolutely pointless IMO. :smile:

your right what was I thinking!!!!! let go get some Ice cream :laugh:
  • androde
    androde Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    starting again today day 1, week 1 column 1. today would have been my day anyway :-)
  • gmjminsz
    gmjminsz Posts: 26
    Options
    the summer is coming, anyone want to join in for 200 sit ups

http://www.twohundredsitups.com/

Nope.

Absolutely pointless IMO. :smile:

your right what was I thinking!!!!! let go get some Ice cream :laugh:

:smile: I think doing this would negatively impact the rest of any training programme, is inefficient, and not the best way to develop a strong core - particularly old school sit-ups. Sorry to inject negativity, but I just have a different view on this. But if it does get people exercising, fair play and that's a good thing.
  • emczech5
    emczech5 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I think doing this would negatively impact the rest of any training programme, is inefficient, and not the best way to develop a strong core - particularly old school sit-ups. Sorry to inject negativity, but I just have a different view on this. But if it does get people exercising, fair play and that's a good thing.

I'd love to hear why "this would negatively impact the rest of any training programme." I seriously would like to know more, because I don't understand how this could cause negative results. I understand how it isn't the most efficient program ever made. I certainly know it isn't a well rounded program. After all, it's only sit ups. (Actually, if you would have gone to the website you would see it's not ever old school sit-ups, it's actually crunches, which makes me wonder why they called it 200 sit ups and not 200 crunches.) However, it is a goal, and having that goal is helping me stay motivated to work out and as you said getting people to exercise is a good thing.

I respect your opinion, but I'd like to hear some facts that back it up.
  • lcsmith1022
    Options
    Initial test

33 situps

52 pushups

it begins tomorrow :)
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I'm in ... and not sure if anyone posted this yet but this is apart of the same group who does one hunger push ups!

http://hundredpushups.com/
  • blakejohn
    Options
    today

I've heard from others, here is mine my Abs are feeling rock hard and the pain in my lower back doesn't bother me as much
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Week 2 Day 3:

24:25:21:21: 32 (min 30)

It says to retest after week 2, I am excited to see how many more I can do than in my original test!

No rock hard abs yet, but I can start to feel them under the belly fat. I never had back problems, so I am coming up to probably 45 degrees and holding for a second. Doing 30DS as well, so my muscles are getting a good workout!
  • shayray72
    shayray72 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My fitness level is negative 17 currently, but looking at the website it was very welcoming to all fitness levels and motivating and encouraging so I'm going to give it a go. Thanks for the challenge! Good luck to everyone!
  • alexislkent
    alexislkent Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Very cool challenge! I love the website...my boyfriend and I both want to start right away! I have been wanting to get my core in to shape and this seems like a really doable program. Thanks so much for posting this - I will post our results at the end.
  • androde
    androde Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    day 2 week 1 done, I'm going to feel this tomorrow
  • alexislkent
    alexislkent Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I both completed Week 1, Day 1. He is on the highest level and I am doing the intermediate one...Looking forward to beating my max on Wed!
  • blakejohn
    Options
    so far so good everyone seams to doing good, this thread has keep me going.

not much time yesterday.

• krish55
    krish55 Posts: 9
    Options
    I have been doing 150. Its time i upped it to 200. Looking forward to this:-)

Edited:- I am so sorry, i thought it meant 200 situps over all, not consecutively. I was able to do 45 situps in the test.
    Looking forward to completing this test.:-)
  • lushunn32
    lushunn32 Posts: 107
    Options
    I only did 20 today.....I really have to step my game up:ohwell:
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Did my test, worked on good form over higher numbers. Only managed 33. I'll start day 1 tomorrow.

retested today after 2 weeks, I was able to do 48!
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Week 4 day 3(I skipped a few days as I was on vacation:-) )
    max(at least 60)68
  • medlicott68
    Options
    Week 1 completed :happy:
  • jdeking1
    jdeking1 Posts: 31
    Options
    I'm in! Going to start today!!!