My invisible flat stomach

Options
I've been working out and watching what i eat for weeks now and i still don't have a flat belly! It's beginning to really grate on me. Anyone else experiencing this?

Replies

• Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Diet diet diet.

I've been dieting 3 weeks and I have ab's already... its all about diet.
  • Jade17694
    Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Diet diet diet.

What sort of diet though? I'm not thrilled at the thought of giving up everything that i like + im a fussy mare!
  • Matt_Wild
    Options
    Diet diet diet.

What sort of diet though? I'm not thrilled at the thought of giving up everything that i like + im a fussy mare!

Then you won't get the flat belly you want.

The body doesn't compromise. It holds water and fat as it is told by the foods you eat. Your body is hormonal, it works on basic principles and is easy to cut and adjust fat levels if you follow set plans.

What do you not like eating?
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Part of it is genetics, so look at your familys' bellies...the other part is diet, than exercise. Eat lean proteins and cut out "white" carbs and sugar. Stay away from carbonated drinks....do cardio...your diary isn't open so we can't see your diet

You can't spot reduce body fat

Weight train too...it strengthens your back and stomach to make your posture better...
  • Skyflier83
    Options
    I completely understand - you look amazing already though so don't be too hard on yourself. There's a really good book by James Duigan (he trains Elle McPherson) about how you should eat clean & lean - so lots of vegetables and protein and then one meal a week you have a cheat meal to keep your metabolism working. Apparently otherwise it just gets used to a lower number of calories and then doesn't work as well any more.

Also mix up the exercise as your body gets used to that too... pesky things that they are! Just keep up the hard work, we have to be able to do this (I have 10lbs to go)
  • Jlburroughs
    Options
    Also, men are naturally more muscular (more calories burned naturally) so it will take less time for a man to get a defined stomach. Keep working and tweak your diet a little. You'll see results.
  • Matt_Wild
    Options
    Also mix up the exercise as your body gets used to that too... pesky things that they are! Just keep up the hard work, we have to be able to do this (I have 10lbs to go)

You're body doesn't get used to exercise. Why would it?
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options

Uh yes it does. Your body gets used to a certain exercise and it stops being as effective for weight loss. It's why you need to change it up so often.
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options

Uh yes it does. Your body gets used to a certain exercise and it stops being as effective for weight loss. It's why you need to change it up so often.

The detail here is "AS effective". Your muscles may strengthen and burn fewer calories doing the same movement precisely, but its not like if you don't get the benefit from the exercise regardless.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I've been working out and watching what i eat for weeks now and i still don't have a flat belly! It's beginning to really grate on me. Anyone else experiencing this?

Where is it? ... I don't see a fat tummy in that pic.. wish mine was that flat!
  • vancil01
    vancil01 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Yeah I don't know what the hell you're complaining about, looks pretty nice from your profile pic...
  • Jade17694
    Options
    Diet diet diet.

Then you won't get the flat belly you want.

The body doesn't compromise. It holds water and fat as it is told by the foods you eat. Your body is hormonal, it works on basic principles and is easy to cut and adjust fat levels if you follow set plans.

What do you not like eating?

You're very blunt aren't you LOL!

The list is far too long to type out, when i say fussy i mean fussy lol
  • Jade17694
    Options
    I'm complaining because i'm sick of working hard and not getting the results i want.
  • Matt_Wild
    Options

Really. Care to explain how that works? I use the same week in, week out, so do my guys.

The only reason to change things up is if your muscle grows and needs greater stresses to break it down which may involve a greater pace, not a change of machinery/equipment..
    I'm complaining because i'm sick of working hard and not getting the results i want.

I can give you the keys. I'm not blunt Jade, I'm just not telling you what you want to hear. I don't wish to come across as abrasive and I'm sorry if you feel that. I can get the results, all my guys and gals get the results.
  • tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    Options

I feel your pain! What I've learned from many times of trying to get that flat belly is that you can't expect the results you want in weeks....you have to look at it in terms of months. This time I'm expecting it to take six months (or more!).

I've also learned, for the results I want, I have to lift heavy. Eat good, clean food and do some cardio throughout the week.

Don't give up! It will happen! You're just expecting perfect results way too soon. :)
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    What's your body fat %? I would think, genetics aside, that you should see a "flat" stomach between 18 - 20%. Actual muscle definition between 15 - 18%.
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options

Really. Care to explain how that works? I use the same week in, week out, so do my guys.

The only reason to change things up is if your muscle grows and needs greater stresses to break it down which may involve a greater pace, not a change of machinery/equipment..

I can give you the keys. I'm not blunt Jade, I'm just not telling you what you want to hear. I don't wish to come across as abrasive and I'm sorry if you feel that. I can get the results, all my guys and gals get the results.

ALAS! A man who talks no BS sense! ;)
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    keep working at it-you will get there- took me awhile but my abs are finally starting to show.
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    If you aren't willing to change what needs to be changed you can always get a tummy tuck.

(edit)assuming that's your picture you do look fantastic)
  • BootcampJunkie
    BootcampJunkie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You probably have what i have. A flat tummy but loose skin giving the same appears as if it was fat. Keep strengthening your core but try focusing on more oblique exercises. People tend to forget to work those muscles. Keep eating clean foods and you will start to notice change. Beware, it does take a long time.