What is your favorite veggie?

Options

Replies

• hbiffle
    hbiffle Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    My favs are broccoli, zucchini and mushrooms. Love them in stirfry!! One really easy recipe for zucchini is to cut it into slices - place a layer on the bottom of a baking dish, cover with a slice or two of cheese add tomato sauce, another layer of zucchini, cheese and tomato sauce and then bake! I've also added mushrooms in with the tomato sauce. So good and very low cal!!!
  • danibabs
    danibabs Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Absolute fave is asparagus - any way, even in soup!
  • nathan72
    nathan72 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Well this month it's been EDAMAME! I love them steamed with sea salt.
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Sugar peas & cherry tomatoes.

Best served doused in an Italian dressing, then grilled or put in the oven to make them crispy.
  • Molly182
    Molly182 Posts: 406
    Options
    healthy people here! I like the "bad" veggies lol cooked in bad for you ways haha. Sweet potato fries with chili powder.
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    And how do you like it best?

Avocado sliced with lime
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Eggplant for me. No one seems to like eggplant. *sadly takes her eggplant and hides in the corner* ;)

Oops, forgot to say how I like it. My mom used to saute it with lots of onion, garlic, cumin, red peppers and thinly sliced potato (which I omit most times) and we ate it with flatbread all the time in Trinidad. Now I have it with some pita or even on its own like that.
  • amymt10
    amymt10 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Steamed broccoli, sugar snap peas (steamed or raw) & tomatoes.
  • original_cake_face
    original_cake_face Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Cucumbers! And how do I like them? How DON'T I like them? They're awesome on sandwiches, in salads, in homemade tzatziki.. yumyum!
  • Juliet_622
    Juliet_622 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Got to be carrots. I eat them every single day. I love raw baby carrots, or they can be cooked.
  • ampa916
    ampa916 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Squash and Zucchini, I love them. I eat them any way. And I love all kinds of squash.

I love cucumbers and tomatoes, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, green beans...I actually love vegetables except corn...I don't hate it, but it's not a common one eat lol
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I like asparagus and mushrooms (if they count)
  • MomDupuis
    MomDupuis Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Sweet Potatoes. I used to like them baked with butter and Brown sugar (the way my Mom always made them), but now I have discovered that they are excellent boiled, mashed with a little black pepper. :wink:
  • laurarpa
    laurarpa Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    haricot verts, drizzled with a bit of olive oil, salt, pepper, sometimes herbs or shallots/onions, and roasted at 400/425 for 20-30 minutes.

I could eat 5 servings (but I usually share) despite making it at least once a week. that makes it my favorite.
  • comet_wow
    comet_wow Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I love all veggies but my favourite has to be peas popped straight from the pod and into my mouth :)
  • reztib
    reztib Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Broccoli - steamed, sweet peppers - raw, and mushrooms - sauteed.

Technically no but they are probably better than most things in the American diet.
  • susanrush
    susanrush Posts: 18
    Options
    This is hard. I'm on a huge zucchini kick right now. I use my spiraler and top it with a little tomato sauce or diced tomatoes. So good. Or carrots - juiced.
  • reztib
    reztib Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Spinach a touch of balsamic vinaigrette. A well prepared (yet nutritionally responsible) salad is a thing of beauty. Carrots, Broccoli and Cauliflower are my favorites after that.
  • FoxyMcDeadlift
    FoxyMcDeadlift Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Are mushrooms veggies? :'D

they're a fungus
  • English1Mac
    English1Mac Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Brocolli, steamed, but not to the point of soggy
    Asparagus-any way I can get it