One for the ladies....

Options

Replies

• WinWinGo
    WinWinGo Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Chew gum, drink lots of water, try very hard not to think about it. :p But really, drink lots of water. I find that everything feels worse around that time if I'm even slightly dehydrated. Cravings, boob hurtage, the lot. Drinking lots of water seems to make things balance out.
  • dianeellen2
    dianeellen2 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    i find low fat chocolate mousse (Cadburys by choice) help with the choc craving (good frozen too) or choc ices (esp the choc bar ones) they have about 100 cals - if you pick wisely (Cornettos are about 120 - 140 cals each) A walk round the block and you will have the calories to spare :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • kaylz0106
    kaylz0106 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    brush your teeth... usually the taste or smell of peppermint will make the craving go away.. at least for a little while.

hehe.....brings a whole new meaning to toilet break ha!
  • hollyb9871
    hollyb9871 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    As for the fruit, the suggestion is to not have just during your detox period then reintroduce it to your nutrition plan. At that point the sweetness of the fruit seems much stronger as your dependency on sugar is gone. Also look at the sugars in the cranberry juice, most juices (here in the USA) have a lot of sugars in them.

Good Luck to you!
  • kaylz0106
    Options
    When i have that wonderful TOM... i buy the fiber one Brownies.. 90calories and amazing! I personally feel like this is a lifestyle change, not to cut out things you truly enjoy.. sometimes doing that can lead to someone falling completly off the wagon, and saying the hell with it all together. Allow yourself to have the things you love, in moderation and make sensible choices. It CAN be done...

totally agree and it isn't something that I always look for it something I crave at TOM....I love being a woman aii! Looks like the lower calorie options work then!
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I do a slice of whole wheat bread with Nutella. Then i'm getting good carbs, fiber, protein and cholocalate. I also find that durning that TOM, I enjoy working a little hard in the gym, kickboxing, to get out the emotions that come with it.

Good luck.
  • kaylz0106
    Options
    Make sure you get plenty of protein and water during that TOM! I find that I will have nasty cravings if I don't get enough protein in early enough in the day. I'm good 2 out of 3 months now. That doesn't play as big a role as when it's once a month. Try to spread out the chocolate throughout the day. Have a bite or two every couple of hours, to see if you can cut back the amount this way. I don't care about those that said break the habit. Just control the habit and you'll do a lot better!

what do you eat potein wise early in the day....are the protein shakes any good?
  • kaylz0106
    Options
    Can you just not buy the candy so you don't have it in your house?

Dosn't work it's not that I am eating it out of bordem or anything my body really feels like it needs it so rather than cutting it out I need somethign to either subside the craving or replace the chocolate!
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Can you just not buy the candy so you don't have it in your house?
    this if it is that big of an issue that you are seeing it on the scale or in how your clothes fit then dont buy it! I have some but dont buy real chocolate much cause I cant handle it either. hot cocoa ff, ff pudding, etc helps
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    The only advice I have is difficult...break the habit. I mean all of it, no sugar of any kind, no chocolates, fruit, sweetened drinks etc. . It usually takes about 2 weeks to detox from the sugar, the first 4-5 days are the worst but after that it's not as difficult. You become so used to have the hit from sugar that you start to crave it and if you have a little you want more. Just the way it is with sugar. Once your reliance has subsided having just a little is more manageable.

I know this advice sounds drastic, but it is how I kicked my sugar addiction. Now I can have a cookie and just eat one and be satisfied.
    I actually substituted mine for sugar free just till I kicked the addiction part then weened my way off it entirely. It took my an entire year to get to where I am now and have been here for a little over 4 months now without going back to my old sugar addiction. Good luck luv :)
  • kaylz0106
    Options
    i find low fat chocolate mousse (Cadburys by choice) help with the choc craving (good frozen too) or choc ices (esp the choc bar ones) they have about 100 cals - if you pick wisely (Cornettos are about 120 - 140 cals each) A walk round the block and you will have the calories to spare :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

hehe...don't laugh that's what I do now! If I eat chocolate I walk it off but I still feel guilty when I eat it!
  • kimmie0627
    kimmie0627 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    brush your teeth... usually the taste or smell of peppermint will make the craving go away.. at least for a little while.

I do this. I get different flavors of toothpaste. So I have a variety. LOL
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    No Sugar Added Fudgesicles!!!!!!

1 of these fudge pops is only 40 Calories!!!!
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Grapefruit kills my chocolate ( and salt) cravings
  • carriem73
    carriem73 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    use the oldest diet trick in the book-

eat M & M's- a small amount- I put them out on my desk and eat them ONE at a time- and I chew them each for as long as possible (remember the old diet of chewing food 32 times each bite, or something ridiculous like that?) this may help you to savor it more and trick yourself into thinking you have had more!
  • gaelyngaelyn
    gaelyngaelyn Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I made this for a friend last night and I LOVE IT myself! Use plain fat free yogurt (add splenda to make it as sweet as you like. I have gotten used to plain yogurt and don't use sweeteners myself, but for my friend I added a packet... it's up to you!) and a spoon full of pure cocoa. mix to make a dark chocolate yogurt. Top with diced fresh strawberries... It's rich, creamy and REALLY hits the sweet craving- plus you're getting calcium and protein and a lot more nutrition and less processed sugar than a candy bar. It's really filling.

176 CALORIES! -using and entire cup of the yogurt, a tbsp of the cocoa (using unsweetened cocoa) and a half cup of the cut berries)
  • ojell
    ojell Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Gotta break the habit that's for sure. That's one of the things that put the weight on me. One thing I do when I'm craving chocolate is eat Dark Cocoa Roasted Almonds...sooooo yummy. They give me my fix and fill my tummy and I drink milk. Or maybe just have a little bit of lowfat choco milk or make your own so you don't add a lot of choco just enough to give it flavor. I used to eat a chocolate bar and/or ice cream everyday. Then I weaned myself to a smaller bar, then just a piece, to now what I described above. Now, I rarely even crave it. It's definately a mind control thing...you have to decide not to give in...and just wean yourself off of it.
  • fudgebudget
    fudgebudget Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I've had all kinds of hormonal woes, including chocolate cravings, but nothing that comes close to this. If you really lose ALL self control for at least 3 days a month, I would talk to your doctor (who is probably going to give you a psychologist referral). It is not normal to not physically be able to keep from throwing that much chocolate down your throat every month. I'm not saying this to be judgmental, I just honestly have never heard of someone feeling that helpless with a craving and that can't be healthy.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I love the sugar free chocolate pudding cups. I put mine in the microwave for about 10 seconds

Oh wow, that sounds SO good! Never thought of that before and can't wait to try it.
  • maf66
    maf66 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Use this base to make a variety of chocolaty goodness. Get creative, get healthy and reduce sugar and fat intake

1/2 c Plain FF Greek Yogurt
    2TBS Unsweatened Cocoa Powder
    Few drops Stevia

Mix it up and it tastes like thick choc pudding. Put that in a blender with some milk and ice and you get a choc shake, add a banana or strawberries and its delicious! You can mix the base and keep it in the freezer for "ice cream". You can also mix cottage cheese and cocoa and blend, chill and it's like cheesecake!

Any of these things have high protein which will help you to stay full longer!! Play around with it and find something you like!