Bread or Carb substitutes - HELP! I'm always still hungry!

Options
13»

Replies

• KXanthos
    KXanthos Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Oh... also - Asian style chicken lettuce wraps with peanuts. The more protein you get in the longer you will stay full!
  • elwinberry
    Options
    Healthy Choice has a low carb bread, as well as a sugar free bread. i use the sugar free. Its really good. I was buying it for myself but now I have to buy it for the family they like it better.
  • ericsperling
    Options
    1. Quaker Quick Grits (1/4 cup dry (130 cal) + 1/2tbsp light butter with canola (25 cal)) = 3/4 grits
    2. Polenta (1/4 cup dry corn meal (110 cal) + 1 tsp chicken bouillon (10 cal) = 3/4 cup polenta
    3. Idahoan Instant potato packets Butter & Herb just add water. Yields 2 cups at 220 cal/cup
    4. Look for 90 cal english muffins
    5. Flatout wraps are 90 cal each
    6. Quaker Instant Oatmeal (Maple 160cal, Cinnamon Spice 160 cal, Cinnamon Apple 130 cal, Original 100 cal)
    7. Quaker Instant Oatmeal Low Sugar (Maple 120 cal)

Personally, the oatmeal and mashed potatoes are the most effective at curbing my hunger.
  • McMommyJessica
    McMommyJessica Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am interested in trying mashed cauliflower that someone mentioned!
  • McMommyJessica
    McMommyJessica Posts: 3 Member
    Options
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I eat lots of protein, and that keeps me full longer than carbs do. Maybe try eating more protein? Or sometimes if I'm craving carbs I eat quinoa or couscous...both of which are really good and filling.
  • jessie1480
    jessie1480 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I switched to multi grain sprouted bread ( you can find it in most Healy food stores). It has 15 carbs per slice and 9 grams if protein. Supper yummy. Whole grain brown rice, and whole grain pasta. I stay full all day and all of these things offer a better alternative than their very white and starchy counter parts. My boyfriend protested for a bit, but after he tried it and realized that he stayed more full he has converted. Hope that it helps.
  • louisa_jay
    louisa_jay Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Porridge - made with oats and water - 95 calories a bowl and fills you up. Add golden syrup for sweetness at 45 calories.
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I've also been enjoying oat bran "pancakes." (2T plain yogurt, 2T oat bran, 2 T egg substitute, then seasonings or cinnamon, depending on whether I'm making a sweet or savory pancake.)

If you're looking for substitutes, the Dukan Diet folks have worked out high protein/fiber substitutes.
  • rew1469
    rew1469 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Cloud Bread, http://www.food.com/recipe/carb-free-cloud-bread-411501
    Tried it for the first time and they came out real thin. I will defenitly try again because mine were not like the pictures on the web site. Really low cal and total of .3g Carbs per serving.
  • mrslaurenposs
    mrslaurenposs Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Any mashed cauliflower recipes you'd care to share?
  • agavenectar
    agavenectar Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Check out genkiusainc.com or go to google and type in skinny noodles official site, or you can go to your local whole foodes store in the cooler section and try Shirataki noodles. Hope this helps!
  • DBiddle69
    DBiddle69 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Mock Cornbread

• 1 can Great Northern Beans drained and rinsed
    • 4 eggs or equivalent of eggbeaters
    • 1 teaspoon salt
    • 1 teaspoon baking powder
    • 2 tablespoons olive oil
    • ¼ cup Splenda
    Combine all ingredients in a blender and put into a baking dish at 400 degrees. Bake for 20 -25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

http://www.southbeach-diet-plan.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5&sid=9cfae9cf26d9fe46d239499a6031c768

This guy is an AWESOME cook!!!