One phrase that people say that make you CRAZY!

Options

Replies

• Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    " What? did you stop eating?!"

Yeah i dont like that one.

Or, you must eat like a bird!....little do they know, birds eat almost constantly.
  • bigredhearts
    Options
    this one was probably said already but "muscle weighs more than fat" NO it doesnt. a pound is a pound.
    Muscle does weigh more than fat by volume, and that's exactly what people mean when they say that.

Haha, I hate people that say they hate muscle weighs more than fat! It just makes you look up yersel, because people mean by mass not weight, and they're correct!

i suggest you look it up, you may come across lots of useful information. :smile:
  • Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Has anyone mentioned my newest all time drive me crazy phrase??
    "You're getting too skinny"... really? have you seen my *kitten*?
  • meeulk
    meeulk Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I don't have any particular phrase, I just hate the word "SWAG"!

Wat the fck is that? Please speak correct English please. Thank you!

:)

Hmm, what does it mean in the context to which you refer? I am a geocacher and swag is the term used for trade items.

According to Michael Scott, it means Stuff We All Get (like from a convention... a bag of SWAG!)!
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    i HATE when people say "just sayin" i know EVERYONE says it, but it makes me want to pull their lips off :wink:
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    "you know what i'm saying?" my mom always said it and it gets so annoying!

"know what I mean" I hear it all the time at work, from customers, my boss, my "hubby" ( he is chubby but he is not a whale) I prefer to call him my hubby. Know what I mean ????? Like, right?
  • Lizabee84
    Lizabee84 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I hate when people say "what up my ni99a"
    I hate the N word #1 .
    #2 do call me that
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    'Take care'. I don't know what it is, but when people end a conversation online or in person i want to strangle them.

That one really grinds my gears too. Take care of what???

Really?? It seems that "of yourself" is implied. I like when people tell me that.
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    When people use 'literally' when they really don't mean 'literally', but more likely 'figuratively' . As in, "My head literally exploded." or "My eyes literally fell out of my head."
    Another is using the word unique, especially with other adjectives. "That's the most unique outfit I've ever seen." Unique means it's the only one like it. It can't be most, more or somewhat unique. Either it's the only one, or it's rare or it's common. Something can be very rare, but it can't be very unique.
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    per se
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I don't have any particular phrase, I just hate the word "SWAG"!

Wat the fck is that? Please speak correct English please. Thank you!

:)

Hmm, what does it mean in the context to which you refer? I am a geocacher and swag is the term used for trade items.

According to Michael Scott, it means Stuff We All Get (like from a convention... a bag of SWAG!)!

OIC, kind of the same thing then I guess.
  • Moeblessings
    Options
    Can I ask you something?

Ummm is saying no going to keep you from asking me? Didn't think so, so just ASK! :grumble:

I usually say, "You just did." Which is equally annoying, or maybe slightly more so.

I'm going to start saying that to them! Thanks!
  • Phrak
    Phrak Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    anything with # of meals and metabolism in the same phrase.

Because 99% of the people havent done research to back up what they have said.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    this one was probably said already but "muscle weighs more than fat" NO it doesnt. a pound is a pound.
    Muscle does weigh more than fat by volume, and that's exactly what people mean when they say that.

Haha, I hate people that say they hate muscle weighs more than fat! It just makes you look up yersel, because people mean by mass not weight, and they're correct!

i suggest you look it up, you may come across lots of useful information. :smile:

A other people have said repeatedly to you, when people say "muscle weighs more than fat" they mean by mass. Muscle takes up less space than fat, so by mass is weighs more. If you took a chunk of fat and a chunk of muscle the exact same size, the muscle would weigh more. Muscle DOES weigh more than fat, by volume. And that's what people mean when they say it. AND THEY ARE RIGHT.

In weight loss, it means that you can lose inches without changing weights, because you're burning fat but building muscle, and since by mass muscle weighs more, you can become slimmer, without losing weight.
  • SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    "Irregardless" Sorry, the word is regardless. Only politicians say irregardless, and that should be the best reason not to use it!

"I go..." Someone is telling you about a conversation they've had: "... and I go, 'You can't do that!', and he goes, 'just try to stop me!', and I go, 'maybe I will', and he goes.....

"Here's my ask" Really, your going to use a verb as a noun?

"Can you status that?" And here we use a noun as a verb!

And, one that I use too much...

"Just sayin!"
  • phylmein2003
    Options
    that's exactly what I was gonna say! it irritates me to no end!!!!!!
  • ladyfox1979
    ladyfox1979 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    "What up dog?" and "Boo"

I can't stand these words. Last time I checked I am human and I am not a ghost.
  • aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    when you check out of the store. "Is everything okay today?"

um, No, as I place my only purchase on the belt..... pads.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Anything followed by the words "just say'n"!!!!

THIS!

My skin crawls when people post this on facebook. The FML one too.
  • cattracy0829
    cattracy0829 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    A pound of Muscle weighs less than a pound of Fat...a pound is a pound people! :)