5k question, what do you do with your keys?

Options
this may seem silly, but my first 5k my hubby & kids were there so I left everything with him. 2nd one I drove myself and my stepdaughter (15) so I was stuck holding onto my keys the whole race. I tried my pockets, sports bra, neither was successful so I ended up running holding them in my hand, not comfortable. So please enlighten me, where do you put your keys? Sadly my truck does not have the keypad like my van used to or I could just lock them in the vehicle.

Replies

• athensguy
    athensguy Posts: 550
    Options
    I carry just my valet key.
  • brandyk77
    brandyk77 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    yup valet key only normally. I don't trust putting it in any checked bag if they would have that available. That key normaly fits in a short pocket.

You could also try something like a spibelt. I can't stand those things though
  • flong1975
    flong1975 Posts: 56
    Options
    I LOVE my Spibelt! it's comfortable and hold a lot...
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I just take the ignition key off the ring, and and hang onto that. I've run with stuff in my hands for so many years, though, it doesn't bother me to hang onto it in my hand. You could buy one of those armbands, like for ipods, and put your key in there, if you wanted.
  • cohophysh
    cohophysh Posts: 288
    Options
    take off the door key and lace it in your shoe laces
  • Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    This one. Leave the other keys locked in the car, and you will never be award of one key laced into your shoes.
  • puppycloud
    Options
    My running pants has a small pocket in the lining, about the size of a key. I've also seen running tights with a zippered pocket at the butt for these sort of things.

At the moment I have my keys in the pocket of my running jacket, as it's too cold to run in only a t-shirt (41 degrees F and less). I have my phone in my other pocket as I doubt I could run without my music and C25K app!
  • gmpearson
    gmpearson Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Ignition key only - if you have shorts with pockets you can carry it there, or drawstring you can tie it and tuck it in.
  • kbogart1996
    kbogart1996 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have tied my keys to my shoe laces also it works well. You can also have a hid a key on your car.
  • cardinal56
    cardinal56 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Spi-belt for this gal!! It works great & is comfortable to use.
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I tie my remote to my shoelace. Or, when it's hot out I run with a water bottle in a holder that has a little pocket. An alternative is to wear a cycling jersey with the pockets in the back, I've done that too.
  • smashleymcgee
    smashleymcgee Posts: 135 Member
    Options

This is what I do also :)
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I pull my car key off the key ring and put it in my pocket. I lock the rest of the keys in my car.
  • Tamstar1985
    Tamstar1985 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    i feel so silly, having run with keys in my hand several times, when my shoelaces were there all along... :$
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I leave mine in the switch.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I remove the fob (with the lock/unlock buttons) and tie it in the knot I tie in my shorts drawstrings.
  • roadrunner32
    Options
    Because I drive an old banger I always leave my keys on the right front wheel.
  • alexiswads
    Options
    LIttle Spibelts are the best! I can hardly tell I have it on and it doesn't bounce around. Plus it holds everything - keys, credit card, cash, phone, race map, etc.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    You could just take the single key off your keychain and only carry that. Put it in your bra or something.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options
    I Scuba dive, same problem. I hang my key around my neck on a nylon strap when I dive. I've also been known to hide my key somewhere close to my car. ....up in a tree, or bury it in the sand....