5k question, what do you do with your keys?

Replies

• Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    My friend has running gloves with a little key pocket so she just puts the car key in there...
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Good running tights/shorts have key pockets in the back.
  • pukekolive
    pukekolive Posts: 237 Member
    I use a Camel-back type small backpack when I do fun/run walks as I carry my own water being 264lbs and unfit - I don't notice it at all and I do see people running quarter and half marathons with the same.

Also I have an insulated bottle carrier with a strap that goes diagonally across my body - as a previous poster said they have a small pocket on the outside (mesh) - I use Endomondo on my mobile to measure my distances so also useful for this
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    I take only the fob and I put it in my Sprigs Wrist Wallet:

http://sprigs.com/banjees/polyspandex-reversible/

Ocean-Blue-Solid-shopping-cart1.jpg
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    I either tie one key into my shoe laces, tie it on the drawstring of my shorts, or slip it in the pocket of my arm band for my MP3 player.

For running at home, I have a house key on a carabiner that I've clipped onto my arm band or even my bra strap.
  • Gavlar84
    Gavlar84 Posts: 19
    My friend has running gloves with a little key pocket so she just puts the car key in there...

I have these gloves too!
  • dianediaz
    dianediaz Posts: 53 Member
    This is a very common question/dilemma. Carry only the ignition key and wear shorts with a little inside pocket or pouch and put it in there. If there's no pocket but there is a drawstring in the waist you can loop that through the key and tie it securely. Or, if all else fails, just carry it in your hand. I've done all of the above. :-)

Hope this helps!
  • I wear normal socks, so I roll 'em in my socks!!!
  • sandy_taylor13
    sandy_taylor13 Posts: 194 Member
    Yep, this one. Just make sure you double tie your laces and put the end of the eye under the tied up portion for the laces.
  • jagar07
    jagar07 Posts: 266 Member
    I just took my car key off the chain and stuck it in my bra, although, I am as some would say, well endowed, so it fit pretty snug lol
  • Eleisabelle
    Eleisabelle Posts: 365
    I have something similar to this. Clips on the inside of my shorts, so it moves like them. Hardly notice it once I start running.

http://www.runjunk.com/nathan-side-kick-clip-on-pocket-5colors.aspx
  • take off the door key and lace it in your shoe laces
    This one. Leave the other keys locked in the car, and you will never be award of one key laced into your shoes.

Ditto. Just take only the car key. You can weave the key in and out of the laces on the top of the shoe, and before tying your shoe loop the shoe lace through the key hole. That way it's tied down to your shoe and it's not flinging around because it's weaved in and out of the laces on top. You can't even feel it's there.
  • bigd65
    bigd65 Posts: 171 Member
    put them inside your tire rim underneath your car
  • ball858
    ball858 Posts: 395 Member
    I tie mine to my drawstring or I have pockets in my running pants, my other one is to reduce my keys to only my car / house key and keep it in my IPOD case as I run.

Most races have a bag drop you could use that?
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,809 Member
    I get my compression pants/shorts at Old Navy and they have a little zippered pocket on the waistband in the back. It's the perfect size for a single key.
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 833 Member
    when running or hiking, I only take my car key and tie it to my shoe.
  • briteyes
    briteyes Posts: 435 Member
    i also tie the key into my shoe lace - doesn't bug me at all.
  • tuneses
    tuneses Posts: 467 Member
    I use to just put the ignition key in my bra. Now I have a belt lol :)
  • Glasspack
    Glasspack Posts: 105 Member
    I use this, basically a small fanny pack like thing but it holds keys, mpr3 player $ etc. I don't even notice it.

http://www.amphipod.com/products/holders/music/-electronics/airflow-lite
  • Barribomb
    Barribomb Posts: 260 Member
    Valet key - most of my running pants/skirts have pockets, i also have a wristband that is a pocket, can fit ID, key, money, but on long runs I use my fuel belt.