For ladies that are 5'7"... where are you comfortable?

Options
Hi all!!
So I am a 5'7" female. I've always had a large frame, and do not have any recollections of ever being under 140. At 140, I was often told that I looked too thin and needed to gain weight... and when I went to the doctor's, they urged me not to lose any more, as it would be too much. I did not get to 140 lbs by healthy means.. I was suffering from some pretty bad anxiety at the time and I think this aided in my quick weight loss... Mind you, I did not try to lose the weight, I just did! Right now, I am between 157-160, and I can fit into most size 10's. The smallest size I have ever worn in pants (even at 140) was a size 8. I've been trying to think about goals and where I should be.. and I was wondering where others have been/or are comfortable? I'm always interested to see what other women look like at/around my size! Where are you comfortable?

Replies

• lisaslim1976
    Options
    I was at 122lb at the age of 20 and my mum kept buying me mars bars asIi looked ill! Im currently 169 and too big to feel comfortable. About 2 years ago I was 150 and about right id say...then I was 12/14 (uk) top and 12 bottoms :-) Like my boobies!
  • Lusadi
    Lusadi Posts: 79
    Options
    I think I'm most comfortable between 145 and 150. Been a long time since I was there, though! Trying to get back.
  • jacobnlacey
    Options
    I would love to be your weight but about 145-150 is probably the weight I felt the best at.
  • kimmydear
    kimmydear Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I'm a little over 5'7" so I always call myself 5'8" though I'm not quite that. Not to split hairs or anything! ;-) But I felt great at 145-150. I'm shooting for 150 now.
  • jennh726
    jennh726 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am comfortable between 130-140. Usually a size 6-8. I am now around 170 and very uncomfortable. I dont like the way I look in clothes, etc.
  • creamnshugar
    creamnshugar Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    i am 5'7 and started out at 177 and am now down to 165... i would love to be 140 but that might be pushing it... i like you am not a "slim" build and i have also had two children and have the hips that wont leave no matter what lol. I was 125 at one point but very unhealthy!!... So 140 is my goal weight i believe and i think is a good weight to be... at this point i cant wait till i am 150!
  • bassett8807
    bassett8807 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I am 23, 5' 7" and I was 145 in high school and looked great but I was terribly out of shape. I have been working out, running, biking, etc and trying my best to lose the blubber on my inner thighs. I am 136 and wear a size 6 but I still have lots to go before I get the body that I want, however, that being said I may lose a few more pounds but start gaining back muscle weight from working out so much. I would never go below 125. My BMI says that I can go to 118 but that seems just too skinny for being 5'7".
  • Aureilie
    Aureilie Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5'7". I felt the best between 135 and 145.
  • BelMckenzie
    BelMckenzie Posts: 249
    Options
    I was 125 in high school size 6 and thought I was fat- wow way off now, but in college I was around 150 and I was very comfortable there - I was a size 8. I am now a size 10/12 but the 12's are too big right now at 169. I would be happy around 150 again, but I put an ideal goal at 135 even though I think I would be happy in the 140s. I care more about how my body looks then the weight it is (my thoughts in college too).
  • Eireann15
    Eireann15 Posts: 124
    Options
    I started out at 181!! I was around a size 14 then I believe! I think 145-150 will be a good weight for me as well! Feel a little uncomfortable now, but not bad. I think I will evaluate how I feel around 145-150 :) Seems to be a good, healthy weight!!
  • Eireann15
    Eireann15 Posts: 124
    Options
    I agree! It's all about how you look and feel as well. Think I will just need to see how I feel once I get there :)
  • bushs99
    bushs99 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My overall goal is 143. When I was able to maintain that weight I was very comfortable. I'm currently at 186 and very determined to get back to 143...I've lost 37 so far and feel better all around...
  • amandamickey
    Options
    Hmm I think I feel most comfortable with how I look at 120-125lbs, but I am done obsessing over getting back down to this number! I am *trying* to just focus on how my body looks/I feel about it, regardless of my actual weight. I wish all you ladies luck in your weight loss journeys! :):flowerforyou:
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I am at 123 and starting to weight lift to bring my weight up to 130
  • 0EmmeNicole0
    0EmmeNicole0 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    At my smallest I was 155, and wasn't all that happy at that weight. Now i'm 169, definitely not happy here either. I'm looking to be around 145.
  • Goosiesnougs
    Options
    I'm 34 and I am working toward 130,----Keep in mind I have no curves in the AHEM...upper portion of my body:blushing:
    I do a lot of cardio and strength training so the rest of me is pretty lean. I am not big boned and after my boys were born I was about 125 lbs....But I have muscle now!
  • Hayesgang
    Hayesgang Posts: 624
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and weigh 130-135 (20.5%BF) and am very comfortable at this weight.

EDIT: I am not looking to lose any more weight, I am more interested it lower my BF~My goal is 18.5%
  • ShmoozyQ
    ShmoozyQ Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I feel comfortable where I am now, around 125. I have a small build and not much muscle though - so I'd be OK at a higher weight with more muscle. I do like to be a size 4/6, it feels natural to me.
  • khagador
    khagador Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I feel comfortable at 135, but don't really like the way it looks. I'd like to lose 10 pounds (currently 134).
  • mrau719
    mrau719 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    The lowest I've ever been was 131 back in November. Right now I'm closer to 140ish as I was trying to build up some muscle. Now I'm trying to get back to a more muscular 135. I'm trying not to focus too much on the scale weight though. Right now I fit in most size 4s.