For ladies that are 5'7"... where are you comfortable?

Options

Replies

• amailitarose
    amailitarose Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My comfortable size is 145-150. I would love to get those days back. Being 5'3 and 185 is not fun. I believe I use to wear my weight well. I was portioned nicely but now........now I have let myself get to an extremely uncomfortable size. Everyday is a struggle to get myself to exercise. Hang in there.
  • AScarbrough19
    AScarbrough19 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I am 43 and currently around 150 - 154. This past year i have gotten down to 145 twice only to re-gain the 10 lbs. I am so much more comforable at the 145 but obviously struggle to maintain there. Trying to wrap my head around being happy with myself now but cant seem to do it.
  • TNTwedell
    TNTwedell Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    5'7, 32 and 145-150 was were my body was most comfortable.
    but would love to be 140 again!
    anything lower was too hard for me to maintain - 20lbs to go :grumble:
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and shooting for 155 or so with about 19% body fat.
  • lstrick27
    lstrick27 Posts: 19
    Options
    I am 5' 7" and I am not a small framed person no matter what size I am! In school I got down to 140ish maybe a little smaller but was very small and honestly I am not trying to reach that at all! My goal weight is 150-155! I think I will be super happy just dropping below 160!
  • jess_blonde
    jess_blonde Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'm at 150 right now and I'm pretty comfortable but I'd like to get down to 145 before I order my wedding dress! I started this journey at 167 (my highest weight ever) and I'm so happy with the progress I've made so far.
  • j1rich
    j1rich Posts: 3
    Options
    I am 5'7 with big bones and my goal weight was 155, but now I'm aiming for 150. I think its going to be a bit of stretch, but if I fluctuate somewhere between 150-155, I will be happy!
  • Eireann15
    Eireann15 Posts: 124
    Options
    My Dad is also 6'4"!! I totally get you :)
  • Eireann15
    Eireann15 Posts: 124
    Options
    Omgoodness. I sooo appreciate all of these responses!! It's very interesting to see what people are saying! And I love the pictures!! I'm taller than the ladies in my family, and so it's nice to see what other ladies around my height/size look like, and like on themselves!!
  • JCfabulous
    JCfabulous Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Totally depends on your distribution of muscle and fat plus yo. If your natural body frame. If you're lifting weights, you will probably weigh more than 140. I'm 5'5 1/2 and my after pics with my abs showing I weigh 140 and I wear a 4/6 depending on the brand.
  • serenetranquility
    serenetranquility Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Love this thread keep it up.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    My goal is 140, but i would be happy where i am now (164) with better muscle tone. In high school i weighed 160-165 and played rugby. Workouts and weighroom time was mandatory. I was very happy with my body. I'd be okay with that.
  • naku
    naku Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I started at 163lb an have now maintained at 135lb for about 6 months... not because I'd be at my goal but more so because life got in the way and I feel ok at this weight too.

Going to finish this project off this spring though an get 1st to my goal of 132lb and then hopefully to 127lb. I think then I will not only be comfortable, but very happy also!
  • Lekkerdun
    Lekkerdun Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" and I am comfortable at around the 70-72 kg and I think that is 147lb. At the moment I am 78.5kg so I have still some weight to lose, but I have already lost 8kg and feel great. It also depends on your age, when you are older a little more than the bottom range of your height looks better in the face. You will know when you get there, you have to be comfortable not anyone else!!
  • naku
    naku Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" and I am comfortable at around the 70-72 kg and I think that is 147lb. At the moment I am 78.5kg so I have still some weight to lose, but I have already lost 8kg and feel great. It also depends on your age, when you are older a little more than the bottom range of your height looks better in the face. You will know when you get there, you have to be comfortable not anyone else!!

70-72kg = 154-158lb
  • bobogal
    bobogal Posts: 5
    Options
    I am currently 139 lb and want to get to 127 lb, I am medium frame but have too much body fat at 30% so I actually want to reduce my body fat and get toned more than actually just losing the weight.
  • shawmor
    shawmor Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm 28 and i'm nearly 5'7". I was around the 130lbs before I had my boys and I haven't been able to get back down to it. I'm currently 150/149. I don't think I'll ever get rid of my hips after having the boys no matter how small the rest of me gets they remain the same:sad: :sad: I'm wearing UK 12 at the moment. The jeans I am currently wearing are hanging off everywhere......except my hips:mad: :laugh:
    When I first joined MFP it was all about shedding the weight, but since reading and seeing peoples before and after photos I want to lose the fat and gain muscle. Hope to get there one day!!
  • silvabelle89
    Options
    I'm 5'7, currently 127lbs at 13.7%BF .... Started to feel comfortable at 130, but still not entirely happy with where I'm at... May lose 2-4 more lbs or really set my mind to strength training
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I'm 25, 5'7", currently at 165 (started at 172). The lowest I have ever been is 147 (2 years ago)... which was actually very hard for me to maintain (probably because I wasn't dieting or exercising as I should have been to get there and maintain). The point I was at where I seemed to maintain the longest was between 150-154, which is where I would be content.

My main goal, however, is around 143-145. I am praying and hoping that all this hard work will pay off and I can reach this by July!!!!
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5'8" with a very large frame. At 210, I look on the heavy side of 'normal' and have visible collar bones etc. Ideally I'm aiming for somewhere between 170 and 180 in the long run. Less than that on my frame would be (and look) unhealthy. It really depends a lot on your build and how much muscle you naturally carry. Some of these lower numbers are completely unreachable, and inadvisable for me, and may also be for you - it's a matter of experimenting a little.