how bad would it be if I drink coke zero???

Options
Im really wierd, i only drink water my whole life, I love water more than anything... if I had to chose between food and water I'd chose water.. anyways I have read the coke even coke zero is bad.. how bad is it? I eat very clean I allow myself a cheat day once a month, other than that I only eat broiled chicken, fish and whole grains.. fruits... so how bad would a coke zero be??? whats in it? it has no calories but its not water so whats in that stuff.. ?

y dice mi mama azukita pa ti mimi?

Edit: I've been getting great results, would it hinder my progress if I drank this stuff?

Replies

• tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    sweet, bubbly goodness.

seriously, it's fine. the chemical police will be here soon to chase you away from the toxic sludge that is soda. but I have one most every day. it's fine. really.
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    sweet, bubbly goodness.

seriously, it's fine. the chemical police will be here soon to chase you away from the toxic sludge that is soda. but I have one most every day. it's fine. really.

me too - I don't like coffee, so I get a little mid-morning caffeine boost with a Coke Zero. I drink lots of water throughout the day, but "allow" myself this one. Like most other things, everything in moderation.
    But, yeah, chances are there will be a barrage of people telling you how wrong we are....
  • hesgro2
    hesgro2 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    sweet, bubbly goodness.

I have one almost every day too. Vanilla coke zero is my favorite!

I do drink a lot of water and a lot of white tea, but coke zero is like dessert for me!
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I love Coke Zero. If you drink as much water as you say you do, you'll flush it out pretty quickly. I'd say you'd be fine.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    I still drink diet soda. I like the bubbly taste and feel. Nothing wrong with it and nothing has been proven that says it will do harm.
  • SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I usually have one a day! Normally after I get ALL my water.
  • VeggieKelli
    VeggieKelli Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Agreed, I love coke zero!! I actually prefer the taste to coke, unless is Mexican coke (real cane sugar). I don't think it's horrible, but it's probably not the greatest. Still, it won't completely throw all your progress out, and is much better than reaching for a candy bar. Water is better though, I love water too!!
  • howeclectic
    howeclectic Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    The raw diet mafia wouldn't approve... but I always say... something has to give. I say everyone needs 1 or 2 vices.... Coke zero is one of mine :-)
  • gangstagirl625
    gangstagirl625 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    thats all i drink love it
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    A moderate amount won't really foul you up. By moderate, a couple of cans or a 20-oz, or something similar, once in a while. Not every day, but maybe a couple of times a week or less. But too much can be bad.

My husband recently went to the doctor because he was not losing any weight, not gaining any endurance, was always tired, etc, etc. We thought it was either low testosterone or a thyroid issue. Well, blood work came back, and both of those are fine, but CO2 levels were elevated. My husband was a 1-2 soda a day guy, always diet. The doctor said that the CO2 from soda is actually displacing oxygen in his blood and that is why he had no endurance - his metabolism was in the basement!! It's only been a couple of weeks since he stopped drinking soda (he has a hard time with just a little once in a while, maybe after he gets it all out of his system he can, but one soda tends to lead to more) and he is already feeling so much better! I would never have believed it!
  • lindalou4850
    lindalou4850 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I drink diet pepsi or pepsi max every now and then.. No calories in that either. you are just fine..
  • HotBodUnderConstruction
    Options
    I drink lots and lots of coke zero. From my n=1 self-reported levels of health...I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that if you drink one soda you will be okay (hold everything else constant, of course).
  • Tourney3p0
    Tourney3p0 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    There have been studies that show that people who drink zero-calorie sodas lose less weight than their soda-free counterparts. I've read that this is because sweet drinks like this tend to make you hungry and thus you tend to eat when you otherwise would not, but I am not a doctor.

So long as your stick to your meal plan and don't eat beyond your calories, it's been fine in my experience.
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    personally ... ick

im not sure what kind of sweetener they use in it - is it like diet pop?
    My mother is diabetic. her dietician told her she is better off to drink full out pop than any diet type beverage with artificial sweeteners. The artificial stuff tricks your body into thinking tis getting sweets and gets your insulin levels up to combat the sweet. I suppose if you are having it with other food its not so bad... but studies have shown that diet pop and hinder weightloss
  • Kassielin13
    Kassielin13 Posts: 263
    Options
    I drink about 16 oz of Coke Zero each day! I love water & Coke Zero. I haven't had anything bad happen to me from drinking it.
  • rahmyers
    rahmyers Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    The raw diet mafia wouldn't approve... but I always say... something has to give. I say everyone needs 1 or 2 vices.... Coke zero is one of mine :-)
    I wish I could quote these all there so funny and true. I have one a day and sometimes when i'm dragging and need to get moving and exercize i'll drink one. It's liquid gumption in a can. I know i'll hear it for that, but it works for me. Coffee is terrible on my stomache and tea makes my immune system attack me. It's my body if I want a darn coke i'll have one! Besides the chemicals preserve me so i won't need botox.
  • Happymom12
    Happymom12 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    not a fan of coke, if I chose to drink a a pop I would pick pepsi max. No calories in it either. I think anything in moderation is fine and as good and healthy as you do one every once in a while I wouldn't say you would see a difference. Now if you went from the way you are to drinking it all the time I could see it maybe slowing down your progress.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Well, blood work came back, and both of those are fine, but CO2 levels were elevated. My husband was a 1-2 soda a day guy, always diet. The doctor said that the CO2 from soda is actually displacing oxygen in his blood and that is why he had no endurance

Interesting. I have never heard that before. Seems to me there would be a lot of people passing out and such if that were true. Something tells me there is no direct transition from stomach to blood in that manner.

Time to do some digging....
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    just have one and see
  • inlander
    inlander Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I love diet soda and the aspartame will probably kill me one day. HOWEVER, I have noticed that when I drink carbonated soda, I get hungrier faster. I think I read somewhere (this might be a myth) that the carbonation can expand your stomach (meaning, more room to fill, hungrier longer?) but I don't have a source for that and I'm a lazy Googler.