A calorie is a calorie.......or is it??????

Options
13»

Replies

• egdanger1
    egdanger1 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have learned one truth during this long journey to a healthy, fit, well-toned, tight body, the hard way............

A calorie IS a calorie when it comes to general weight loss....... BUT

A calorie IS NOT a calorie when it comes to health and nutrients

A calorie is NOT a calorie when it comes to defeating the "SOFT AREAs"

A calorie is most assuredly not a calorie when it comes to MY ABDOMINALS........Ughhhhhhh

This has been the missing piece of the puzzle for me going from "nice body" to "wow, I love your arms/abs/etc

By they way, if anyone is peeping my diet, don't judge me (lol), yesterday was a BAD CHEAT day, out for lunch and on top of that I couldn't resist the pizza anymore that my husband bought 2 days ago.

There is NOTHING wrong with mimosas for lunch! lol!

What foods do you think are affecting your abs?

LOL, I see you read my diary. Well, that is why I have it public. I need SOME accountability. Actually, the mimosa was later than lunch, but I was lazy and did not change it......... I was eating chips and so called healthy peanut butter cookies (Nekote) throughout the day. Plus white rice and sugar filled cereal. I am on a mission to cut these things out and hopefully, make some improvement.
  • egdanger1
    egdanger1 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Great thread!

These are guidelines I follow:

1. Shop the perimeter of grocery stores and not the aisles
    2. Avoid/limit starches: white rice, white bread, pasta, potatoes
    3. If I can crumble food to dust, avoid it
    4. No pop, juice, or other liquid sugars - just drink water instead

I really like these guidelines!!!!!!
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Most definetly. I posted something like this about 6 months ago and got attacked. Everyone said exactly that a calorie is a calorie and you will still loose weight. Well that might be true but if I wanted to reduce my waist size and actually be healthy I had to drastically change my eating habits. I really didnt know how to do that so I ate everything in moderation. Problem with that is my body always craved more junk. I'm now doing Jaime Easons program and eating clean 6 times a day no junk. I will let you know how it goes

Amen to this! SUGAR calories are not the same as Protein Calories.... Just sayin'
  • redshoeshelley
    redshoeshelley Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Most definetly. I posted something like this about 6 months ago and got attacked. Everyone said exactly that a calorie is a calorie and you will still loose weight. Well that might be true but if I wanted to reduce my waist size and actually be healthy I had to drastically change my eating habits. I really didnt know how to do that so I ate everything in moderation. Problem with that is my body always craved more junk. I'm now doing Jaime Easons program and eating clean 6 times a day no junk. I will let you know how it goes

:heart: Jamie Eason !!
    She is such an inspiration.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    A calorie is a calorie. Some calories are just better than other ones. I try and make sure the majority of my calories are good ones, but I'll be the first to tell you that I allow "bad" ones too. This is the only life I have to live and I plan to enjoy it. I refuse to allow food to control me or to obsess over it.

I eat lean meats, veggies, and fruits. I also eat cake, cookies and the occasional candy bar.

I've lost weight AND my health stats are quite good. I've had blood work done. I've had tests run. All is well. So, I have the best of both worlds - weight loss, health AND still able to enjoy life.
  • redshoeshelley
    redshoeshelley Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Great thread!

These are guidelines I follow:

1. Shop the perimeter of grocery stores and not the aisles
    2. Avoid/limit starches: white rice, white bread, pasta, potatoes
    3. If I can crumble food to dust, avoid it
    4. No pop, juice, or other liquid sugars - just drink water instead

Great guidelines ... I also like to believe that if my food can expire quickly (fresh produce for example), it's better for me. If it's "preserved" and full of ingredients I can't pronounce - not such a great choice!
  • clocklady
    clocklady Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    marking :)
  • comeon_skinnylove
    Options
    PEOPLE!! PLEASE teach me what a macronutrient is and how i can eat the right amount of low carb/high protein diet so i can get those illusive abs everyone feigns over!!! really, i am all ears!

Macros = protein, fats and carbs

Shoot for a minimum of 1g of pro per lb of lbm, .35g of fat per lb of bw and fill in the rest of the cals how you please. Maintain a caloric deficit and profit

what about carbs then?