Your favorite workout DVD and why?

Options
I'm thinking of purchasing one but there are so many I don't know where to start. I have a hard time following someones movements, I tried a zumba class at my local Y and while it was fun I really need something easier to follow.
Suggestions?

Replies

• gd50cent
    gd50cent Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    30 day shred for me. its short enough that i can find time to do it everyday. i like the format - 3 circuits of 3 mins strength, 2 mins cardio, 1 minute abs. i can do the moves! lol. and most importantly i like the results it gives me.

plus there's nearly always groups of people on my fitness pal doing it at the same time which is great for motivation.

good luck with whatever you pick. :smile:
  • paulagabay
    Options
    Ditto 30 day shred it the way to go.
  • blv0267
    blv0267 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I mix it up between 30 Day shred and videos on Netflix. Specifically I try and pick things that put me in the 20-30 minute range.
  • Time2getFit4Life
    Time2getFit4Life Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Insanity is my favorite it's one I can really say I get a good workout in!!
  • darkmouzy
    darkmouzy Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I kee p hearing about this 30 day shred im gonna have to check it out!
    But my favorites are Zumba and P90x :) zumba is just really fun and P90x is a great program and challenging
  • StephanieDJL
    StephanieDJL Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred, it's easy to follow, quick & effective. I find dance based ones hard to follow as I have no rhythm!
  • xASHYxSMASHYx
    xASHYxSMASHYx Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have the Zumba Dvds, which I love. But I started out with Denise Austin Dvds, she has some dancing ones if thats what you are into but they are very basic and easy to follow. Without these I would have never been able to transition to Zumba. She also has a ton of other great dvds. Other than that I'm also a big fan of any of the 10 minute solution DVDs, they are broken down in 10 minute segments so if you are short on time you can just do a couple, or the whole thing if you have more time. I have the pilates one and I really love it.
    I also have the 30 day shred dvd, which seems to be wildly popular on this site. It is definitely a good workout, but would be considered high impact and for me causes me too much pain in my knees and joints to keep up with it.
  • nitepagan
    nitepagan Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I like the Biggest loser DVDs. The Power Walk is good if you have a lots to lose and your just starting out. I have also bought Cardio Max and Weight Lose Yoga, neither of which I have looked at yet. Amazon sells these BL DVDs real cheap, $6 or $7 a piece and if you shop carefully, you can get free shipping. I also bought Absolute Beginner Kettlebell 3-in-1 with Amy Bento, you need a kettlebell for that one, I use the 5 lb. kettlebell. This one is pretty intense.
  • Andi_Mo
    Andi_Mo Posts: 243
    Options
    Yes 30 day Shred is great. I also like Turbo Fire, Insanity and Supreme 90 Day. Try going to the site www.collagevideo.com. You can watch clips of the DVDS, see reviews and it tells you the difficulty level as well. They have decent prices as well but even if you don't buy it from them, its good to be able to see it before you get it from a store. Good luck!
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    30 day shred was too high impact for me, and the 10 minute videos didn't give me a good enough workout (but I'm SO glad they are working for someone else). I started out with the FIRM and Karen Voights effects and am now using Joyce Vedral's Bottoms Up. It's a workout using free-weights broken into 3 parts upper, lower, and abs.

I still use the kickboxing video from Karen Voights (hers is a 3 DVD set strength, aerobic, and flexibility).
  • floridagirl7264
    floridagirl7264 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I like any of the Leslie Sansone Walk at Home dvds. They are essentially low impact aerobics with combinations of 4 moves. Simple enough to follow but also a great burn.
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I like walk away the lbs boot camp walk. It's pretty basic yet gets my heart rate up and keeps it there for a good calorie burn.
  • bfl2010
    bfl2010 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Zumba DVDs. They're so fun that it doesn't even feel like exercise!
  • vicmonster
    vicmonster Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I kee p hearing about this 30 day shred im gonna have to check it out!
    But my favorites are Zumba and P90x :) zumba is just really fun and P90x is a great program and challenging

If you've done P90X, I wouldn't bother with 30DS. It would be a waste for you.:smile:
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I quite like Burlesque by Jazzercise.

No jazz hands, in case you're wondering...
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I've only had one exercise DVD that I've really liked. I got it through Women's Health Magazine. It is lead by Amy Dixon, and I just like her personality, plus the exercises are patterned after sports (swimming, speed skating, tennis, boxing, etc.)
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I have several DVDs that I incorporate for my exercise routines:

Low impact: The Biggest Loser Power Walk, Prevention Magazine Walking Fit

Medium impact: Women's Health -The Wedding Workout, Zumba, The Bollywood Dance Workout

High Impact: Jillian Michaels' 30 day. Shred, Jillian Michaels' Shred it with Weights, Taebo Power, Taebo Cardioexplosion

The low impact DVDs were a great starting point for me. I use the walking ones on days of inclement weather when I am unable to walk outdoors.

I love the Jillian Michaels' series because you get a total workout in a shorter period of time. You can't beat 20-25 minutes. The Taebo series requires allocating about 1 hr of your time.
  • cgraylyon
    cgraylyon Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I love Billy Blanks Ultimate Tae Bo the best. It's an hour and a half! So if I want I can do 30 minutes or 90 minutes. I love punching and kicking it out. I always get a good workout and it was cheap only $10 at Sports Authority.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    All good, I haven't tried them all. My absolute fave is Karen Voigt's 'Slim Physique" it has a different w/o every day. Strength, Cardio & flexibility (yoga) It's not as hard on my knees as Jillian, no jumping jacks- I just LOVE it tho. she gets your heart rate up. my muscles feel rubbery when I'm done and I'm getting results (smaller jeans - tons of compliments) because I DO IT. I actually look forward to it I dislike days I have to miss because you miss something, like strength work that I NEED.
    Sundays is 30 min yoga. Its so wonderful & the highlight of my week.
    I also like THE FIRM DVDs (kettlebells) I have a couple & these are pretty strenuous
    PS> I have netflix & try these out before I buy them
    cheers