not supportive other...

Options
13»

Replies

• pen2u
    pen2u Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    To keep on track while satisfying my calorie & carb-addicted DH I mostly make meals that have separate cals/carbs so I can more easily avoid them. Last night he wanted white rice instead of brown rice or quinoa, so I ate extra spinach w/the chicken breast and no rice. Sometimes I do make separate items anyway since he's dairy-free and I'm gluten-free. You get used to it, but it's a pain at first. Luckily (?) he's not a fan of eating out due to his dairy allergy.

Also, I refuse to support his sweet tooth! He gets annoyed because there isn't a full cookie jar (flashes of his childhood, visions of doting mom?) at all times. He can buy his own poison, lol. I occasionally make or buy healthier versions of fave cookies/desserts but not often enough for him apparently. I will not allow my DH's issues derail my efforts to be healthy & happy.
  • maf66
    maf66 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    All I can say is I'm sorry your relationship sucks. Because it does, based on your statements only.

He does not trust you.
    He does not like your friends.
    He does not like your choices.
    He does not like your individual activities.
    He does not respect your privacy.
    He does not respect your choices.
    He is not supportive of you.

I wish you luck, lots of luck!
  • janmar57
    janmar57 Posts: 13
    Options
    my other half and me lost weight together he was very focused and we did well.if you dont buy stuff you can,t eat it. slimming world recipies are good any body can eat them and wouldnt know they were a diet. if you go out can you compensate with exercise? but as some one said earlier this is about you and you have to put yourself first :smile:
  • cressievargo
    cressievargo Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    it sucks :( we went to the bar last night, and he wants to go again tonight. I can't keep doing it, but I also hate sitting at home by myself. we just moved to a new place so we don't have cable or internet yet. but he gets mad if I hang out with other guys (which are basically all my friends). I feel like I'm doomed to eat mac and cheese and fruit roll ups for the rest of the century :grumble:

My hubby is a military man, and we are always moving. Yeah it definitely sucks lol...My hubby isn't one for going out to eat all the time he just likes his junkfood lol. I usually do get along better with men, but I have quit having them as real friends, I guess you could say I keep it more at an aquaintance level. Out of respect, I wouldn't hang out with another guy, at least in a private setting, i.e. my home or his home alone. I have a couple of gym rat buddies that i see all the time at the gym, but thats about it :)

I know :) we usually go to a bar just to hang out (I'm still in college and that's all there is) but my boyfriend is super sensitive about me going with a guy, or any amount of guys. it's really difficult too because I am one female in a class of *sixty* men. I'm not sure what he thinks my other options are :/ we play videogames a lot, but I'm not supposed to go to anyone's house. I have one girl friend from high school and I was over her house the other night and he drove by to actually see if I was there. is that unusual? :/

He drove by your friend's house? Yes. That is very unusual and unacceptable.
    The bottom line is this. Don't sabotage your life for your "boyfriend" at 23, especially when you are still in college. I live in college town and there are a LOT of things to do besides go to the bar. If you don't want to go, don't! Eat your healthy food, go for a walk, whatever...if you do want to go, just eat something before hand. Personally, my opinion that's a lot of wasted money if you are eating out that much.

PS someone that limits your friendships with others and stalks you when you aren't home = NOT a good boyfriend.
  • ohsweetcalamity
    ohsweetcalamity Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Try tricking him into eating healthy food. Make dinners that are better for you but mimic the sort of things he is used to. It worked on my boyfriend, now some of his favorite meals are under 300 calories and he has no idea.
  • jess__bat
    jess__bat Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    All I can say is I'm sorry your relationship sucks. Because it does, based on your statements only.

He does not trust you.
    He does not like your friends.
    He does not like your choices.
    He does not like your individual activities.
    He does not respect your privacy.
    He does not respect your choices.
    He is not supportive of you.

I wish you luck, lots of luck!

This. 100% this.
    Get out of that relationship.
    Who drives to a friends house to check if someones there?
    That is very childish.
    And the fact the he is not supportive of your desire to improve yourself is another warning flag.