4'10 and 91 pounds?

Options
i seen on jullian michaels site that somebody my height 4'10 is supposed to around 91-115 pounds. is anybody here around that height and weight and can comment on it? would like some help on this. i honestly thought 125 was a good goal weight o_o thanks

Replies

• AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I would say it really depends on your body type. A small frame would probably look good at 91 lbs but if you have a big frame that could look gaunt and unhealthy.

A goal weight of 125 is good for now. When you get there, if you dont like it, just lose more.
  • jenga727
    jenga727 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 and weigh 100 pounds! I love the way my body looks at this weight! Someone my height is supposed to weight 120 if I remember right!! When I weighed around 130 I looked chunky in my opinion! I did not like the way my body looked until I reached 100 pounds! I could probably get down to 91 pounds but I am afraid I would then look to skinny!
  • CottonCandyKisses
    CottonCandyKisses Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11 and currently 115--I think I would look awful at 91 pounds. My goal weight is 110. I agree that your build/frame would factor into a healthy weight.
  • purplegoboom
    purplegoboom Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I hate BMI charts. They don't account for the individual. I agree, get down to your current goal weight of 125, and you can make new goals from there.
  • fuzzybear123
    fuzzybear123 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am 4 10 and weigh 122 pounds and that is a struggle.. I weighed 110 pounds when I got married but I lived on protien shakes and exercised 2 hours a day for the few months before the wedding and there is no way I could upkeep that lifestye. When I am at my fittest, I am a good 118-119 pounds.
  • ebonie101
    ebonie101 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I would say it really depends on your body type. A small frame would probably look good at 91 lbs but if you have a big frame that could look gaunt and unhealthy.

A goal weight of 125 is good for now. When you get there, if you dont like it, just lose more.

yeah im really small even tho i am 175. im just going to see what happens when i start to lose more weight. cant tell now.
  • ebonie101
    Options
    I am 4 10 and weigh 122 pounds and that is a struggle.. I weighed 110 pounds when I got married but I lived on protien shakes and exercised 2 hours a day for the few months before the wedding and there is no way I could upkeep that lifestye. When I am at my fittest, I am a good 118-119 pounds.

yeah i want to weight around 120 like you. i think my best bet is too just see what happens along the way like everybody else is saying. was just shocked that 91 pounds was recommended. didnt seem healthy to me.
  • mrcloyd79
    mrcloyd79 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My daughter is 4'9" and weighs about 90 pounds. She is well proportioned and fit, but she is 12 years old. I can't imagine that being ideal for an adult, especially with any kind of shape.
  • KatKatatrophic
    KatKatatrophic Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I'm only 5'1 and 106 pounds...anyone who is 4'10 should be in the 90s and maybe 100 pounds. Because of your height, you have a smaller frame, tinier body, unless you're big-boned. Using MyFitnessPal's BMI calculator, it's actually:
    88.5 - 119.6 lbs
  • orca1983
    orca1983 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am just shy of 5 feet tall myself, too, and I currently weigh 90 pounds after loosing approximately 25. It all depends on your muscle mass, too. According to my BMI, I am actually underweight (slightly) now. I have been told I should weigh at least 95 pounds, and the doctor said right around 100 is my ideal weight.

Out of curiosity, and you certainly do not have to answer this if you do not feel comfortable, but is your shorter stature due to an underlying medical condition? I ask because mine actually is associated with a specific medical condition. See, that all plays a factor, too. People with my medical condition typically have thyroid issues, which does not help when it comes to keeping weight off.
  • ebonie101
    Options
    yeah exactly! i thought that 90 pounds sounded like a childs weight. but 4'10 is pretty short. and 88.5 ?? being small is not the
    greatest thing in the world lol :( i have alot of work ahead of me. thanks everybody for the answers i have a whole new view on this.
  • TeaJ
    TeaJ Posts: 2
    Options
    i am41 years old and 4 11 and i cant wait to get back to a healthy weight of at least 130, my health is bad since ive gain all of this weight and need to get it under control. 115 was my high school weight i want to still have curves and not look like a little girl
  • naturerunner
    Options
    I remember reading that at 5 feet tall should be about 100lbs, and then add 5 lbs for every inch over that. If you subtracted 5 lbs for every inch below that would be about right, but it depends on body type of course. If you are solid muscle you are going to weigh heavier.
  • ebonie101
    Options
    Hello. I am just shy of 5 feet tall myself, too, and I currently weigh 90 pounds after loosing approximately 25. It all depends on your muscle mass, too. According to my BMI, I am actually underweight (slightly) now. I have been told I should weigh at least 95 pounds, and the doctor said right around 100 is my ideal weight.

Out of curiosity, and you certainly do not have to answer this if you do not feel comfortable, but is your shorter stature due to an underlying medical condition? I ask because mine actually is associated with a specific medical condition. See, that all plays a factor, too. People with my medical condition typically have thyroid issues, which does not help when it comes to keeping weight off.

its alright and actually no all the girls(my sisters) are under 5'2 and usually have trouble with weight. and the guys(my brothers) are over 6 feet lol and all athletes . quite ironic i drew the short straw and ended up being 4'10. just means i have to work a little harder to lose this weight since my family genes are not on my side.
  • BodyUnderConstruction
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and the lowest weight I should be is 125-128. So 90-100 pounds right for someone who is 4'10"
  • AlixClockHeart
    AlixClockHeart Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'10" and about 92 or 93 pounds. However I am still young, haven't had children, have a small frame, a small chest and only a small amount of muscle. I feel much better at this weight then I ever did at a higherone about my body.
  • Tanishhaaaaaa
    Tanishhaaaaaa Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm about 4ft 10.5, and I weigh between 114 and 115lbs. I'm still not happy with the way I look, as I still look chubby, so I'll see how it goes at 105 (: (:
  • JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Im 4`11 and 107lbs. Im 2 pounds away from my goal weight, but my main goal is to get a flat stomach and some definition throughout my body. Once I have that then I dont really care how much I weight because I know Im healthy and my BMI is normal.
  • JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I'm about 4ft 10.5, and I weigh between 114 and 115lbs. I'm still not happy with the way I look, as I still look chubby, so I'll see how it goes at 105 (: (:
    Same as I. Im 107 and I still have somewhat of a stomach, I think we just need to tone up.